• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

To Get New Boots Or Not To Get New Boots

EricD

Academy Player
Country Flag
Canada
Club or Nation
Canada
Hey all, long-time reader, first-time posting a thread here on the Rugby Forum.

I'm relatively new to rugby, a played a season on my high school team in Grade 12 and now I'm playing for a men's club here. Now, I wear Rampage Mid Hard Toes for rugby boots, size 10 (US sizing that is). Last season, I had some problems with blisters from my boots on the balls of my feet and on my big toes. Now, I noticed that my rugby boots are a bit shorter than the rest of my footwear. My running shoes are a size 10 1/2, my everyday walking shoes are size 11s (different companies, different size numbers, but about the same real size), but my rugby boots are only size 10. My boots should be broken in now, so if that was the problem, it should go away. I tried them on earlier today, they fit snugly but they're still a smaller size than the rest of my footwear.

What do you guys think? Get new rugby boots or not? I really don't want to be fighting blisters for another season.

Hey all, long-time reader, first-time posting a thread here on the Rugby Forum.

I'm relatively new to rugby, a played a season on my high school team in Grade 12 and now I'm playing for a men's club here. Now, I wear Rampage Mid Hard Toes for rugby boots, size 10 (US sizing that is). Last season, I had some problems with blisters from my boots on the balls of my feet and on my big toes. Now, I noticed that my rugby boots are a bit shorter than the rest of my footwear. My running shoes are a size 10 1/2, my everyday walking shoes are size 11s (different companies, different size numbers, but about the same real size), but my rugby boots are only size 10. My boots should be broken in now, so if that was the problem, it should go away. I tried them on earlier today, they fit snugly but they're still a smaller size than the rest of my footwear.

What do you guys think? Get new rugby boots or not? I really don't want to be fighting blisters for another season.

You can do a couple of things...

1) Wear 2 socks... which should cut down on the friction causing the blisters.

2) Purchase Kangaroo Leather boots which are designed to conform to the shape of your foot...thus minimizing the risk of blisters.

3) All of the above.

Latest posts