• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

to the new zealand gamers

Sorry, forgot to add; Sam Tuitupou hes on the bench, I put mauger ahead of him because hes a bit more proven at all back level, I would slowly ease Tuitupou into the 12 jersey.

Graham henry, best coach in the world? based on what?

Yeah I watched the france game, it was awsome, but I also watched the the rest of the tour, not to mention tri nations...ugly. I judge the team based on its overall performance, one big win does not solve any problems.

hahaha i thought id get alot of critiscism for puting mcCaw at 8 but i do this because australias pair of waugh and smith seems to work well so with workhorses like mccaw and holah and gibbes on at the same time i think could get the backline alot of ball plus gibbes is also good come line out time.

i thought nz needed more skill at full back as well muliaina is secuire but carter is probably better at kicking it back and has the skills needed.

i wanted muliaina though and he has great offloading skills so y not center and move umaga to 2nd fiv id put mauger or tuitupou there and move umaga to center doesnt matter really to me.

and who can deny mehrtens the ultimate backline general in my opinion runs a backline better than anyone else can kick goals just as accurate or better than wilkinson(nh vs sh game) and has a better kicking game in terms of gettin his fowards and team good field position he knows when to kick.

you know who's a good flyhalf? nicky little. just thought i'd pass that one by.

i watched ihim alot at teufaiva stadium when i use to live in tonga.he kept fiji in the game most of the time but iunno bout comparing him to he likes of mehrtens and wilko

Originally posted by CeeJay@Mar 15 2005, 12:41 AM
I would replace henry and smith with myself of course, dan carter replaces mils at fullback, Mauger comes into 12, Merhts at 10.... rico gear replaces a lackluster doug,
Crusaders fan?
<

I would prefer:
(backline)
15 Mils (best FB in NZ)
14 Howlett (stats)
13/12 Umaga
12/13 Nonu
11 Roko
10 Carter
9 Marshall.

I would pick my All Blacks based mainly on stats in game.

(I still can't believe Rokocoko only has 85 speed)

Im a Hurricanes fan!!
<
, I pick based on form in the real world and if that makes my team in the game a bit worse then bring on the challenge!!

So you'd prefer Carter at fullback than first five or second five?

And what wrong with Mils?

Sure he threw a terrible (and hilarious) pass on the weekend, but he is the best man for the 15 jersey in this country. Surely.

15 Mils (best FB in NZ)
Exactly. Dan Carter at Fullback??? What the hell are you guys smoking?

Carter's the 1st five for the future. But I feel bad for Spencer - he was undone by the fact that I can go to the toilet and boil the jug for a cuppa in the time it takes Marshall to clear the ball... hahaha.

My changes will be:

Kelleher at 9
Tuitupou at 12
Gibbs at 6

And eventually carter into 1st five.

However, my first mission of the game is to play as the blues and try and get them to hold onto the ball.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Mar 15 2005, 03:36 PM
Sure he threw a terrible (and hilarious) pass on the weekend, but he is the best man for the 15 jersey in this country. Surely.
I was at the game dammit. Ha.
Yeah it was dumb, but he'd never do that playing for the AB's. Also there is no-one even close to him at FB in NZ at the mo.

At the end of the first half you should have seen his take of a midfield bomb. God good it was incredible.

Okay, heres what mine would be.

Mils
Howlett (or Gear)
Umaga
Nonu
Roko
Carter
Marshall

So'oiaoloololoaoioaoio
McCaw
Collins
Someone
Jack
Somerville
Mealamu
Someone (Hayman maybe?)

Oliver (maybe)
????Taumoepaeau?
Gibbes (can play Lock and Flanker)
maybe Holah (as there is a lot of depth in Gibbes, So'ioalo, and Collins)
Kelleher
Spencer/Smith/Mauger
Gear/Howlett

As you can see, it's hard to pick a team. Hmmmm.

Originally posted by lemon@Mar 15 2005, 04:40 PM
Also there is no-one even close to him at FB in NZ at the mo.
Agreed. Mils was one of the only players (as well as McCaw and Jack) that I thought we would all agree on. Why would someone play Carter back there ahead of him?

hey guys jst wanted 2 throw this out there for the lions tour 2 nz

1.taumoepeou (hes great and his nefews are in my 1st 15 team)
2.kevin (always acurate)
3.afoa (i think these 3 work really well together)
4 chris jack(hes jst class, brings something diff to the pos.)
5.ali (does the basics well and also an awsome line out jumper)
6.JC (hell scare the **** out of the lions)
7.Macaw (no need to explain)
8.rodney (awsome against the french, an intimidating and pacey loosie)
9.Byron (bye bye justin , we need quick ball and less running, lions defence will b awsome )
10. carlos (lions cant contain him hes not your standard first 5 and with a deep backline he will set the game a light)
11.joe (lions wingers dont have anything over joe if they want to stop him they are going to have to put men deep and give him no space)
12. dan (not in there for midfelid running, but to support carlos with the left foot kicking option and passing)
13. Tana (captain)
14. Sivivatu (his time as come to show the world..)
15. mils (works well with joe especially on the blind-side)
16.anton(experienced work horse and is thats need for these important games)
17.dave hewwit (last season in nz, something to prove)
18.norm max. (making a comeback and everyone is aware of his great locking skill)
19.marty(macaws understudy holds the same attributes a good replacement)
20.weepu (strong runner just like kelleher, the lions arnt used to this style of rugby)
21.mcalister (good passer, also has ability to run, hes big and strong so hes a new kind of fly half, and also a good midfeild cover)
22.howlett (great pace, and with the back line iv selected he will run well)

just my opinion, feel free to object jst dont b biased!

carters attacking and distribution skills would be wasted at fullback much better at second or first five. Centres I think carter and umaga at the moment with tuitupou on the bench. I would proabbly keep spencer at 10 because you have carter who can do the kicking, spencer can focus on setting up the backs. McCaw and gibbes as flankers with holah on the bench. Not sure about lock on who to partner with jack. Front row tamoepeau oliver hayman. Bench somerville mealamu collins Ali Williams Kelleher mertz and gear

I Use

15-M.Muliaina
14-D.Howlett
13-T.Umaga©
12-A.Tuitavake/R.Tipoki
11-J.Rokocoko
10-C.Spencer(K)
9-J.Marshall
8-R.So'oialo
7-R.McCaw
6-J.Collins
5-A.Williams
4-C.Jack
3-G,Somerville
2-K.Mealamu
1-K.Meeuws

15 Mils
14 Howlett
13 Umaga
12 Carter
11 Roko
10 Spencer
09 Kelleher

* hmmmm... whats justin mashalls passing rating? if its low and slow then it's realistic.... if he takes two or three steps everytime before passing then its realistic.... if its inaccurate when passing to his right its realistic.... ok ... ok - i`m giving him a hard time (he is overall a very good halfback).... but I just can`t help it... for a halfback you`ve got to laugh at those shocking passes. I`m going with byron on this one.... I like his style... you might not think he is better..... i accept that, buts its just my opinion.

* I`m a fan of mehts, but If I was coach I would have to put Spencer in cos of his creativity and ability to crack defenses.

Umaga and Carter got to have

Got to have Rocko, Mils and Howie as my back three.

- That backline might not work well in practice and alot of things can go wrong as they would like to chuck the ball around and see what will happen..... but I just like the fast pace and entaintaining rugby that they bring to the table.

Mills
Anesi
Nonu
Umaga
Rokocoko
Carter
Kelleher
McCaw
Holah
So'oialo
Jack
Gibbes
Hayman
Oliver
Sumerville

hey nzers, just wondering if ne1else got there demo in the mail today??I did. Abit late but ive been holding out to just play the game and now i have it!!! Its magnificient multiplayer, but the thing in single player that gets to me is how much the ai kicks. they must have kicked away 90% of the ball they had!!
<

But this is the demo from that australian rugby camp thing. I registered, then they sent an email and i said i lived in nz, so they just sent it!! abit f@#kn late tho!!!!!

Carlos has got to be number 10 he's the magician and the most skillful and exciting outside half in the world.

Latest posts