TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_49720821_faletau_try_huw.jpg

Dragons coach Paul Turner says Toby Faletau is ready to step up to take a place in Wales' depleted back row.

"He's good enough, certainly," said Turner. "We're here to get these youngsters playing for their country and he's proved he's up to the job."

Faletau, 19, scored a stunning try in a man-of-the-match performance as the Dragons won 16-21 at the Ospreys.

Wales have just four fit back-rowers ahead of the Australia game and are expected to call up another player.

Faletau, Gavin Thomas and Josh Turnbull are the leading contenders, but the latter two picked up knocks in the weekend's Magners League fixtures.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/my_club/ng_dragons/9143155.stm

Tomorrow is apparently when Gatland will call a possible replacement ... and I for one agree with Turner ... he's good enough, international ready? Hmmm we shall see.

Last edited:
Aye, there's only one way of seeing if he's up to it, and that's by giving him the chance.
I agree that he's good enough, and hope he's given a shot (and with Prydie/North Gatland's shown that age isn't a factor in his selections)

He's played well so far- I could see him certainly come on against Fiji- perhaps not SA.
Is Andy Powell still going to be drafted in?

Be interesting to see where he goes here. Likelyhood is a game against Fiji, feature against Australia ... could be on the cards!

Latest posts