ratsapprentice

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
England
So he was knocked out again today.

The increasing regularity of his concussions is quite alarming.
Is his career potentially over?

I was quite shocked that he was allowed to play on for the last 5 minutes the game today.

Again?

He's got to be close to a tipping point from a medical perspective. Maybe he'll start playing in a scrum cap? I remember a few seasons back there was a scrum half at London Irish who was told he couldn't play without one because of multiple concussions.

Another thing, how was he able to play on with the concussion tests?

I was skipping between this and the All Blacks/Springboks, so didn't see the incident.
Saw him looking very uneasy on his feet but presumed it was a leg injury. Certainly not good for him, at all, to be picking up so many knocks.
He really should take a break from the game, like Berrick Barnes did when he was picking up a concussion every game, but Tigers won't allow that especially with Lamb banned and the HEC on the horizon.
This'll be a case of the player knowing they shouldn't be out there but pretending everything's OK. Hopefully a Doctor steps in and tells him he's got to take a step back, for the long term repercussions of the injuries.

I was skipping between this and the All Blacks/Springboks,.

Me too but I saw it and have no doubt that he was out of it for some seconds at least and wobbly for a while.....with his history the doctors should step in for his own safety and I do not say that against him particularly as any absence from the game would give Farrell a shoe in at 10 for England.

It was nowhere near as bad as the other ones.
He was only down for a few seconds but struggled to regain his balance once up.
The medical staff rushed on during play, but he got up and continued to defend - they left the field.
It was around the 75th minute and he was obviously in considerable discomfort for the rest of the game.
The most concerning thing was how innocuous the knock was.

The medical staff rushed on during play, but he got up and continued to defend - they left the field.
It was around the 75th minute and he was obviously in considerable discomfort for the rest of the game.

That was how I saw it but worry that the wobbles are a result of the cumulative issue.....

Once youve had the first one it doesnt take much to trigger another one. Its like any injury, once you injure a part of your body it its naturally weaker regardless of how you rehab on it.

I saw the incident but cant remember how exactly he did it, Healy on comms straight away said "he's knocked out again". Just hope the Tigers/England medical team go carefully with him from here, not to rush him and could even limit what he does in practice to limited/no contact to lessen the impacts.

Latest posts