• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Today 11 years ago, Dan Carter produced the finest rugby performance in history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aotearoa_

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
New Zealand
On this day in 2005, described as the most complete rugby performance from a #10 in the history of the game, Dan Carter put on a masterclass vs the British & Irish Lions. I personally believe it's the finest performance of any player in history.

33 points and 2 tries, genius.

Are there any other performances anyone can think that could realistically rival this?

Last edited by a moderator:
You think that's the best performance of a 10 of all time? Did you not see Ford vs Wales in June...

And 11 years ago today nobody cared, as the world had already seen the greatest 10 in rugby History.

52217863-andy-goode-of-leicester-tigers-preapres-to-gettyimages.jpg

Carter could never rock gloves like that.

It was the most complete performance by a 10 up to 2005, and there has been nothing since close to as good as this was

Ford v Wales? Ffft. Not even close. He kicked a whole 2 points, Wow! In this scoring highlights package he gets mentioned, ahem ONCE!

http://www.therugbyforum.com/thread...duced-the-finest-rugby-performance-in-history

All the Pommie critics can pour as much cold water on Carter's performance as they like. It will make no difference, its the best there ever was, and he was the best 10 the game has ever seen.

It was the most complete performance by a 10 up to 2005, and there has been nothing since close to as good as this was

Ford v Wales? Ffft. Not even close. He kicked a whole 2 points, Wow! In this scoring highlights package he gets mentioned, ahem ONCE!

http://www.therugbyforum.com/thread...duced-the-finest-rugby-performance-in-history

All the Pommie critics can pour as much cold water on Carter's performance as they like. It will make no difference, its the best there ever was, and he was the best 10 the game has ever seen.

I can't tell if you were carrying on with the joke or if you are incapable of sarcasm...

Who?
I've never heard of him :huh: Did he do anything after the tour?

I can't tell if you were carrying on with the joke or if you are incapable of sarcasm...

Considering they where the country that brought us Flight of the Conords NZ rugby fans are not the best at getting a joke. (generalisation).

Anyway we all know Ford ------> Carter @ 23.

but also Burns ----> Farrell -----> Cips ----> Ford ----> Carter (when all where playing @ 23)

Considering they where the country that brought us Flight of the Conords NZ rugby fans are not the best at getting a joke. (generalisation).

Anyway we all know Ford ------> Carter @ 23.

but also Burns ----> Farrell -----> Cips ----> Ford ----> Carter (when all where playing @ 23)

And don't even mention Wilkinson they will have a breakdown (actually don't mention breakdown either as that will inevitably lead to someone mentioning McCaw)

Plus if you watch Carter in a not so dominant team he isn't even as good as Farrell (see champions cup final)

So much inane crap gets talked on this forum, its hard to tell who's joking and who's not and when they are and when they aren't. Besides, it very easy for some posters to post crap and when they get challenged on it, go back and claim they were joking. There are certain posters who do this frequently (you know who you are).

So, if you're joking, USE A FVCKING SMILEY so that others who don't possess your peculiar ideas of what passes for "funny" can better understand what you mean. If you're too lazy or too stupid to use a smiley, and then people misread the intent of your post, you have no-one else to blame but yourself.

And don't even mention Wilkinson they will have a breakdown (actually don't mention breakdown either as that will inevitably lead to someone mentioning McCaw) ������

Plus if you watch Carter in a not so dominant team he isn't even as good as Farrell (see champions cup final)

Ok, so I managed to read past your crap until the Champions Cup Final part, I'm guessing you meant this seasons one vs Racing 92?

So that for you is the finest display from a player in the history of the sport?

Just to clarify and stay on track of what the thread was about and the conversation it was meant to inspire.

Last edited:
So much inane crap gets talked on this forum, its hard to tell who's joking and who's not and when they are and when they aren't. Besides, it very easy for some posters to post crap and when they get challenged on it, go back and claim they were joking. There are certain posters who do this frequently (you know who you are).

So, if you're joking, USE A FVCKING SMILEY so that others who don't possess your peculiar ideas of what passes for "funny" can better understand what you mean. If you're too lazy or too stupid to use a smiley, and then people misread the intent of your post, you have no-one else to blame but yourself.

Using a smiley to indicate your sarcasm ruins it for those of us who can catch on without help

Using a smiley to indicate your sarcasm ruins it for those of us who can catch on without help

Wow Smartcooky being schooled on sarcasm by an american.

Oh I better put a smiley in.
:(
Did I do it right.

Last edited:
Sigh, well this thread failed.

To be fair, what conversation was meant to be had? Were we all meant to circle jerk over Carter and his performance. It was a great performance, but there isn't really much of a discussion to have about it. It was a thread doomed to fail from the beginning.

When there are people comparing Ford's infamously awful display vs Wales and Andy Goode to Dan Carter vs the Lions in 2005, a smiley face shouldn't be necessary. You should be able to see that that's sarcasm without it having to be spelled out for you.

To be fair, what conversation was meant to be had? Were we all meant to circle jerk over Carter and his performance. It was a great performance, but there isn't really much of a discussion to have about it. It was a thread doomed to fail from the beginning.

Circle jerk? Is it a crime to celebrate anything All Black on these boards? Seems to be that way, seems a predominantly English board and anything regarding the All Blacks is met with cheap humour, sour grapes or rolling eyes.

The thread was intended as a celebration of the anniversary and remembrance to probably the finest performance in rugby history (you know that sport we all love?) and to encourage other members to come fourth with their own opinions of what they consider the greatest individual performances in the game, but what ever, carry on with the trite sarcasm and eye rolling and I will apologize for expecting something better.

Last edited:
Circle jerk? Is it a crime to celebrate anything All Black on these boards? Seems to be that way, seems a predominantly English board and anything regarding the All Blacks is met with cheap humour, sour grapes or rolling eyes.

The thread was intended as a celebration of the anniversary and remembrance to probably the finest performance in rugby history (you know that sport we all love?) and to encourage other members to come fourth with their own opinions of what they consider the greatest individual performances in the game, but what ever, carry on with the trite sarcasm and eye rolling and I will apologize for expecting something better.

look at it this way: if i posted the highlights of Michael Jordan's flu game on a basketball forum declaring it to be the finest performance in playoff basketball history what do you think the conversation would look like?

sure, there might be a couple kobe stans or other morons who would try to argue but there really wouldn't be anything to discuss cause obviously there isn't a debate to be had

i would expect a couple people to probably throw in a couple sarcastic remarks about delly in 2015 or Lebron in 2011... cause what else are we supposed to say... "ya know, that was really good"

look at it this way: if i posted the highlights of Michael Jordan's flu game on a basketball forum declaring it to be the finest performance in playoff basketball history what do you think the conversation would look like?

sure, there might be a couple kobe stans or other morons who would try to argue but there really wouldn't be anything to discuss cause obviously there isn't a debate to be had

i would expect a couple people to probably throw in a couple sarcastic remarks about delly in 2015 or Lebron in 2011... cause what else are we supposed to say... "ya know, that was really good"

I don't follow basketball, so I can't tell if that's a good example or not, sorry.

Jonah Lomu 1995 World Cup Semi Final comes to mind

and Brian O'Driscoll Vs France hatrick..

I actually found a few of these posts quite funny.

- - - Updated - - -

"Did he do anything after the tour?"

Had me lol.

It's because you didn't actually ask a question. If you'd said "What do you think is the best performance of all time?" Then a real conversation could've been had. But you didn't ask a question, you just made a statement that pretty much everyone agrees with, so no one was going to debate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts