• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tokyo Olympics Rugby 7s

The United States is 2-0 in Women's Sevens after beating China and Japan in Pool C play. So far, so good. :cool:

1627553416388.png

Last edited:
Great Britain Women had a 21-0 lead over New Zealand, but they couldn't hold it and lost 26-21.

It reminds me of the USA vs GB Men's match where the USA had a 21-0 lead and lost 26-21. o_O

USA Women's Sevens just beat Australia and complete Pool C play with a 3-0 record. So they advance to the next round. Good job ladies!

Last edited:
Cheers BBC deciding we would rather watch football...
And now on BBC1 - but about 5 minutes ago.

What a cracking match that was!
Though I can't believe Fiji kept 7 on from the 4 minute mark of 2nd half

Almost tempted to write a complaint to the BBC

Almost tempted to write a complaint to the BBC
I have a bit of sympathy with them because they're hamstrung by their broadcasting contract

Obv it would be better for them to have one sport on and leave it to completion, but I can understand why they'd try and show as much of the ones that would have the largest numbers of viewers

I have a bit of sympathy with them because they're hamstrung by their broadcasting contract

Obv it would be better for them to have one sport on and leave it to completion, but I can understand why they'd try and show as much of the ones that would have the largest numbers of viewers
Yeah but its Football its a sport that gets enough coverage as it is the Olympics should be about showcasing other stuff.

Great Britain 21 United States 12.

Congrats Brits. Excellent tackling!

Last edited:
Well that was an awkward interview "We're known for being a bit soft, but we've risen up, and we're hard now, not soft any more; even though we're probably smaller than any of the other nations"

Last edited:

Latest posts