Tonga vs Ireland

Discussion in 'Rugby League World Cup 2008' started by St Helens RLFC, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Easily the best match so far, finished 22-20 to Tonga with a late try from the Tongans stealing the victory. Really enjoying the tournament so far.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Wally

Wally Guest

Good match.. I was surprised by the quality. Anyone know why Fui Fui Moi Moi couldn't play?

4. candybum

candybum Guest

The court ruled them ineligible afterall (Tuiaki as well) *see http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/417227/2234666 .. but why is Hayne allowed to play for Fiji?

Anyway... it was a great game! i see the merits of how the Rugby League fellows did up the pools/groups.

5. ws4life

ws4life Guest

awesome game, I 2 am enjoying this tournament thus far. Both teams played a very entertaining game though I must say the tongans must have taken a few tips from anus poker himself b4 the game on how to play dirty. Looking forward to fridays game! GO TOA SAMOA B)

6. bates

bates Guest

Shu, missed the game, completely forgot about it.
    Will try to see the next one :D

7. Nat

Nat Guest

Loved this game, both teams gave it their all. Big hits and some good ball movement, it was a showcase. How about Lauaki at the end, is he unfit or what? Coach should get him to do a cpl of 400s before he steps onto the field. I have never seen a pro player so unfit!

8. bates

bates Guest

You have to love BBC with their summaries :D

Awesome game by Tonga, aswell as their last try.

I hope they can make it to the next round.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!