• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tongan decendents playing for the Wallabies and All Blacks

Of course he did - If he was completely Kiwi he would have been playing for England!

there's the Vunipola brothers playing agegroup level for England at the moment - they have Tongan parents but grew up here.

Australia
Waratahs - Sekope Kepu, Tatafu Polata Nau, Wycliff Palu, Sitaleki Timani, Atiela Pakalani, Daniel Halangahu

Reds - Saia Fainga'a, Anthony Fainga'a, Kimami Sitauti, Albert Anae, Lei Tomiki.

Brumbies - Colby Fainga'a, Ita Vaea

Rebels - Rodney Blake, Cooper Vuna, Mark Gerrard, Afusipa Taumoepeau.

Force - Brian Sefanaia , Alfie Mafi, Siliva Siliva.

Reply to earlier post Ben Atiga is half Tongan and Pita Alatini is full .

Pretty sure Albert Anae is Samoan.

Not many Tongans playing for NZ squads anymore for some reason. There are only a few young Tongan kids I can think of who have potential to be All Blacks in the future, like Liaki Moli, who is half Tongan and Telusa Veainu; both are good up and comers.

Of course he did - If he was completely Kiwi he would have been playing for England!

Oh yeah forgot that that in the 90's you had plenty of Kiwis playing for the English side where they now have been replaced by SA's ;-)

My bad I got Tongan cousins with the last name anae so I thought he was Tongan

New Zealand

Auckland - Pauliasi Manu, Tevita Mailau.

Chiefs - Ben Afeaki, Taniela Moa.

Highlanders - Halani Aulika, Nasi Manu, Siale Piutau, Alando Soakai, Telusa Veainu.

My bad I got Tongan cousins with the last name anae so I thought he was Tongan

New Zealand

Auckland - Pauliasi Manu, Tevita Mailau.

Chiefs - Ben Afeaki, Taniela Moa.

Highlanders - Halani Aulika, Nasi Manu, Siale Piutau, Alando Soakai, Telusa Veainu.
Blues - Liaki Moli

Chiefs - Sona Taumalolo

Highlanders - Joe Tuineau

And several others who are in the development squads - Frank Halai(Chiefs), Charles Piutau(Auckland), Nafi Tuitavake(Blues), Viliami Fihaki(Chiefs), Latu Talakai(Chiefs), Samisoni Fisilau(Chiefs).

Last edited:
Otago? Fetu'u Vainakolo
Lesley Vainakolo
Former Hurricanes and Tongan Captain Inoke Afeaki
Former Hurricanes Player Nili Latu

Latest posts