• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Too many forums?

G

gho

This website has too many different forums with the topics split up too much. Instead of having the Southern Hemisphere topics split over 3 different areas (Tri-Nations, Country by Country and the Southern Hemisphere club rugby area), why not put them all in the same place, have the national news of all 3 teams and the trinations in the forum topics area of the Southern Hemisphere topic, with subforums like they currently are (Super 14, currie cup, ANZC). Considering how few posts there are in this forum I hardly think it would become confusing. Other forums can be combined, such as off topics and the entertainment forum, most of the blogs and articles forums and the first 3 forums of general rugby (General rugby, Universitas Rugbeia and Laws and Equipment). I think the lack of activity in this forum stops new forumers from joining and posting, leading to a stagnation of this website.

I just hope people scroll down enough to find this forum and read this.

Use the 'View new posts' button on the top right. I never really go through the different sections looking for posts, unless I'm finding one in particular that hasn't been commented in for a few days.

I'm sure most people here do the same.

I go straight from the portal to new posts. No big deal on how many sub forums

Could be worth lookin into it again.

I dont think the sub-forums for each country get used much, could combine or eliminate a lot of em.

Same for all the SH forums. personally I think they are a waste of space, I'd get rid of them too.

Thanks for the feedback. This issue has been brought up before and we wanna make the forum as user friendly and functional as possible, so any suggestions on this are welcome. In the mean time the view new posts option on top is very handy as already said.

Incidently, i was only joking about the Sh forums, but i dont think the nations forums are being used that much.

You would probably get a lot more activity if you were to consolidate your forums. We get to see the 8 most recent topics, after that its impossible to find the one you want.

I agree with Logorrhea. We need to keep the SH sub-forums alive -- I was slightly shocked to attest to the scarcity of posts in the Currie Cup sub-forum. :mellow:

The new posts option is ok, but the problem is i have little interest in northern hemisphere rugby (which are what most of the posts are about).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Oct 18 2009, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Incidently, i was only joking about the Sh forums, but i dont think the nations forums are being used that much.[/b]
I wasn't. Lets just delete all the SH forums and be done with it, they don't even play rugby down there! :lol:

Joking aside, as Steve said, we would like more feedback on this and don't forget the "View New Posts" feature at the top of the page.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Oct 19 2009, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Joking aside, as Steve said, we would like more feedback on this and don't forget the "View New Posts" feature at the top of the page.[/b]

Having got into the habit of ignoring SH posters I missed that suggestion from whatshisname. Appreciate you re-posting it on behalf of the real forum users though. Have to say, first time I've even seen it :) It works for me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gho @ Oct 19 2009, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The new posts option is ok, but the problem is i have little interest in northern hemisphere rugby (which are what most of the posts are about).[/b]

Invision has a nifty feature you may not be aware of. If you look to the right of a category header (that's what the individual forums are organised under) there's a small icon that allows you to collapse or expand a category. If you have no interest in a group of forums (is there a collective noun I wonder?) you can collapse the category, sort of like an Irish forward pack after ten minutes playing the Bokke. That way you get to save valuable screen real estate from the ******** the Northerners are on about but still see the forums you are interest in. Hope that helps and makes some sort of sense.

For example there are two forums under the "Rugby League" category. Look across from the category ***le and there's a small "-" icon. Click that and the Rugby League category will collapse quicker than a Welsh world cup challenge. The icon will change to "+", if you click it again the forums will magically re-appear.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jethro @ Oct 23 2009, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gho @ Oct 19 2009, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The new posts option is ok, but the problem is i have little interest in northern hemisphere rugby (which are what most of the posts are about).[/b]

Invision has a nifty feature you may not be aware of. If you look to the right of a category header (that's what the individual forums are organised under) there's a small icon that allows you to collapse or expand a category. If you have no interest in a group of forums (is there a collective noun I wonder?) you can collapse the category, sort of like an Irish forward pack after ten minutes playing the Bokke. That way you get to save valuable screen real estate from the ******** the Northerners are on about but still see the forums you are interest in. Hope that helps and makes some sort of sense.

For example there are two forums under the "Rugby League" category. Look across from the category ***le and there's a small "-" icon. Click that and the Rugby League category will collapse quicker than a Welsh world cup challenge. The icon will change to "+", if you click it again the forums will magically re-appear.
[/b][/quote]
I think you'll find we have won our last 2 encounters with the boks, which is more than can be said for you lot ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jethro @ Oct 23 2009, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

[/b][/quote]

Shouldn;t that be All Blacks world cup challenge ;) we all know what you guys and world cups are like...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Oct 24 2009, 07:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jethro @ Oct 23 2009, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
I think you'll find we have won our last 2 encounters with the boks, which is more than can be said for you lot ;)
[/b][/quote]

While it's true that the Bokke may have been lucky in winning three in a row against the mighty ABs, can we keep on topic rather than debating how many points the Irish are going to lose by in the up coming EOYT games. This is after all a thread dedicated to board policy and not the below international level standard of the Irish national team*

* How to ensure the Ireland v AB game is going to sell out ;) Maybe I should have mentioned Brian O'D :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Oct 19 2009, 07:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks for the feedback. This issue has been brought up before and we wanna make the forum as user friendly and functional as possible, so any suggestions on this are welcome. In the mean time the view new posts option on top is very handy as already said.[/b]
Best thing would be to restore the link-back on rep points. Gets people involved if they can jump to their repped post, neg or positive. Since the new skin was added reps points have died a death.

Latest posts