• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tool may headline NZ's Big Day Out '07!!!

I'll be there, and at their concert.

I can't believe this year marks the 6th year of me listening to them, and the second year of me liking them.

My brother implanted the greatness of Tool into my head over time, since i was 11, i only realised they actually haul ass when i was 14.

Rock ON

Tools performance on Friday night was beyond words. It was a magical, moving experience and it was the best thing i have ever seen or heard. Cant wait untill November/December (although stuff.co.nz thinks its September) when they come back and do a full concert

I know someone who taped Tool and Muse if your interested.
[/b]
was it taped off their phone? because there are some on YouTube that were taken off phones and they are quite poor quality.

but i too would be keen to see it because both bands did all their songs perfectly and it was amazing to see and hear

Plus for those of us who were actually there, it would be a nice wee memento of the trip. That and it was awesome and would kick arse to re-live over and over...

<div class='quotemain'>
I know someone who taped Tool and Muse if your interested.
[/b]
was it taped off their phone? because there are some on YouTube that were taken off phones and they are quite poor quality.

but i too would be keen to see it because both bands did all their songs perfectly and it was amazing to see and hear
[/b][/quote]
Nah, it's audio with fancy equipment, I have traded with this guy and have some of his other recordings (he tapes alot of concerts, hence the expensive equipment)

The Tool gig may or may not have been video taped, he's not sure... if it has, the Tool Bootlegging community are generally very good with their Amatuer DVD's, if it has been video taped, the chances are the guy has a clear shot from an upright or unblocked position. Although the band don't help - is it true they didn't allow themselves to be shown on the big screen?

Expect something like this 2003 Foo Fighters BDO Gig if it was taped. http://www.bstuck.com/foovids/2003/index.htm#011703

Muse's best gig was their 2004 Glastonbury one.
[/b]
Hell Yeah.

It's a shame they cut the best two songs from the Absolution Tour DVD though, Stockholm Syndrome and Citizen Erased - that jam they do at the end of SS is probably one of, if not the best closings i've ever seen to a music gig.

How many good quality shows do you have, and more importantly, how to get hold of them please?

Good Quality as in the Foo Fighters? I have about 20 Pro Shots and Decent AMT Shots as well as some very poor ones (Generally from the early days), I have a bunch of other bands, but nothing more than 5 or 6 per band. The number of DVD's for Tool, Metallica, Pearl Jam e.t.c is ridicoluous, virtually every show in North America is taped by some TV company and recorded and distributed or recorded with Video Cameras for those bands (With the bigger bands you get multi cam mixes where a couple of people spread themselves around the arena and than mix the different sources together so it looks semi-professional).

You get them by trading your shows which you've got, so its preety cheap (Only annoying thing is postage overseas), but theres a small community of NZ traders who just share everything, selling them is frowned upon and trading anything that is an offical release is a no no.

If you have a decent internet connection you can download them from various sites (But there big - an audio show is around 700mb, tapers only use some format called FLAC, and may god have mercy on your soul if you dare convert them and spread them in MP3 - DVD's are a couple of GB).

I got started off by finding some guy in Auckland who started me off with a B+P (Where I send him the number of blank dvd's, plus postage and he sends them back with the shows on them). Most bands are taper friendly as long as the recordings aren't sold or anything official isn't involved, especially Pearl Jam and Metallica, very few bands openly try and stop it (the Smashing Pumpkins for whatever reason were paranoid about it - which never really bothers me because I'd rather just use my blank DVD's as a drinks coaster than get shows from that ****).

http://www.livenirvana.com/begin/index.html is a good guide I guess

Cool. Seeing as I have 0 shows, would have to check the net for some. Ideally after good Foo's, Muse, Tool, Chevelle, Pearl Jam, Metallica above others I suppose.

So with B&P you send some one blank dvds, and they send them back with shows on? Does that involve you trading a show to them? And what if as stated you don't have any?

Or are they dumb questions? Is that a dumb question? :p

No this is. Do you sell your body for your first show?

If so, I may have to sell mine a few times as it's not great.

Cool. Seeing as I have 0 shows, would have to check the net for some. Ideally after good Foo's, Muse, Tool, Chevelle, Pearl Jam, Metallica above others I suppose.

So with B&P you send some one blank dvds, and they send them back with shows on? Does that involve you trading a show to them? And what if as stated you don't have any?

Or are they dumb questions? Is that a dumb question? :p
[/b]
The first thing you said is correct - thats how I got started off. I can get you most of those bands if you want, actually, i'm expecting some real good Muse, Metallica and Foo's sometime this month (Guy just has to come back from Holiday). My Auckland buddy is a big Tool fan so I can suppose I can get you some of that as well, could use it as a drinks coaster or a something for the bird to destroy when he finally finishes off my TV aieral.

And i'm sure a Superhero like yourself Mr Flash would have no problem selling your body for a show, you could probably even get them to cover the postage as well.

Muse were the greatest band I've seen live.... Until Tool.. Tool were beyond words. Didn't even know Serj came on until today.. My girlfriend almost died in the moshpit. My freaky bessist flatmate was drenched in sweat. And Aenima kciked arse.. It was a big day out...

Did anyone else see the North Shore Pony club?

I know im a bit late on this post but i havnt been on in a while but I have to say! WOW to Tool. Finally I got to see them! Ive seen APC but couldnt compare them to Tool! I had to wait 4hrs in the D to be at the frount to see Tool. Thru the killer, which were ok. cribe who was an imbarrisment to say the least! WOT A COMPLETE ASS!!!! and then Muse who i couldnt see but they really sounded off the chain! But Tool was out of this world! I was right at the very front the whole time and loved every minute of it. Serj just put the cherry on the top. CANT BEAT IT!!!
BTW The reason, if you didnt know, why Serj was here is because he loves NZ and I beleive he eather owns property here or is trying to get some here. He said this a few times in interviews.

I will see Tool at the end of the year for their own show. CANT WAIT!

Should be great. Mind you I hope they're not too awesome or some Tool fans I know will be changing their jocks and washing their hands if you know what I mean.

Should be an awesome experience though, theres no denying the class of the band, I've just been deflated by a minority of over-zealous fans.

Latest posts