8- Ma'a Nonu
9- Billy Twelvetrees / Luther Burrell
10- Francois Steyn
11- Matt Toomua
12- Damian de Allende
13- Jan Serfontein
14- Gael Fickou
15- Paul Jordann

Special mention: Kurtely Beale (Only because he's new at centre, with more games he will be higher on my list)

Last edited:
I'm splitting them into top 5

Inside Centre
1. Fofana
2. Nonu
3. De Villiers
4. F.Steyn
5. Roberts

Outside Centre
1. C.Smith
2. Davies
3. Tuilagi
4. Ashley- Cooper
5. O'Driscoll

There are obviously some players I've missed out like Giteau, Fickou, Twelvetrees, Eastmond, Barnes, Fritz, Ranger but I put him at wing, D'Arcy
but it's hard to judge because of different playing styles. How do you compare Fofana to Eastmond ? Fickou to Ashley- Cooper

yeah Conrad you're not into bulldozers at midfield too much, are you ? no Manu Tuilagi, Roberts.

In no particular order:
1 Fofana
2 Giteau
3 Conrad Smith
4 De Villiers
5 Roberts
6 Tuilagi
7 Nonu

And I'd actually include Bastareaud based on recent form (6N and Toulon RCT) because he's been surprisingly good and at a high level consistently...but as a flanker. *fart* and plus, he DESTROYS plays that he creates/helped create and his passing game needs to finally be sorted. So no, not in the Top 10.

even though we aren't good atm but i think one day soon Alex Dunbar and Matt Scott should be on that list thinking soon especially matt scott

yeah Conrad you're not into bulldozers at midfield too much, are you ? no Manu Tuilagi, Roberts.

In no particular order:
1 Fofana
2 Giteau
3 Conrad Smith
4 De Villiers
5 Roberts
6 Tuilagi
7 Nonu

And I'd actually include Bastareaud based on recent form (6N and Toulon RCT) because he's been surprisingly good and at a high level consistently...but as a flanker. *fart* and plus, he DESTROYS plays that he creates/helped create and his passing game needs to finally be sorted. So no, not in the Top 10.

Bastareaud was terrible in this years 6 nations. Always taking the ball static, running bad lines. Not in the top 30 centres in the world on current form!

No order:

Adam Ashley-Cooper
Ma'a Nonu
Conrad Smith
Jean de Villiers
Luke McAlister (He's a 10 at Toulouse but the way he can tackle bust and distribute really well make him my ideal 12. I reckon he'd be interchanged with Nonu for the ABs if he was still with the Blues)
Wesley Fofana
Manu Tuilagi
Brian O'Driscoll
Francois Steyn (Running out of ideas at this point)
?

If I talk a lot about the size of the players, and about the training does not necessarily mean that the big guys are the best. Then, my 2 favorite centers aren't giants.

1. Brian O'Driscoll
2. Phillipe Sella
3. Conrad Smith
4. Gerald davies
5. Yanick Jauzion
6. Wesley Fofana
7. Mike Gibson
8. Frank Bunce
9. Dan herbert
10. Aaron Mauger

Hard to compare the professional and amateur periods respectivley but for what what its worth, here's mine...

1. Brian O'Driscoll
2. Phillipe Sella
3. Conrad Smith
4. Gerald davies
5. Yanick Jauzion
6. Wesley Fofana
7. Mike Gibson
8. Frank Bunce
9. Dan herbert
10. Aaron Mauger

Hard to compare the professional and amateur periods respectivley but for what what its worth, here's mine...

In an all time list - if Umaga isn't in the top 10 then it must have been made drunk or out of hate.

In an all time list - if Umaga isn't in the top 10 then it must have been made drunk or out of hate.

Fofana better than Umaga???

:shok::shok::shok:

And that I picked to Wesley in my Top 3 of present...

Well, Conish is Leinster/Ireland?
Should we welcome bod to the forum?

Who? Isn't he that obscure centre that used to play for Ireland? Took a tumble a few years ago, I remember hearing something about it.

I don't know who the top ten are, but I know that it isn't Roberts.

Because I can't resist:

1 Wesley Fofana
2 SBW
3 Conrad Smith
4 Rene Ranger
5 Jean de Villiers
6 Ma'a Nonu
7 Manu Tuilagi
8 Adam Ashley-Cooper
9 James O'Connor
10 Frans Steyn

RIP
BO'D
Richard Kahui
Jaque Fourie

Because I can't resist:

1 Wesley Fofana
2 SBW
3 Conrad Smith
4 Rene Ranger
5 Jean de Villiers
6 Ma'a Nonu
7 Manu Tuilagi
8 Adam Ashley-Cooper
9 James O'Connor
10 Frans Steyn

props for putting Fofana up there. I don't know myself if he is the single best atm, and really it's irrelevant, but he's better than what most people think. People see his 2013 Twickenham try and some cool breaks he'll make at int'l level, but they don't notice the attention to detail and maturity he's reached now. He's excellent on defense now, makes the right passes, is brilliant with interceptions etc...etc...

And I don't think BOD is in the Top 10 personally anymore. He's still a very relevant player, but I think there are 10 centers in the world atm in front of him. Time to retire those dirty, dirty socks now...or not !

Damn yeah, Kahui... I reckon he's still got it. Just been off the radar, which excludes him. Also I forgot about Ranger.

Latest posts