7 Manu Tuilagi
8 Adam Ashley-Cooper
9 James O'Connor
10 Frans Steyn

RIP
BO'D
Richard Kahui
Jaque Fourie

OMG!!! I forgot Rene Ranger!!!!! He's maybe in my Top 5!

This maybe happen because he preferred French money before the glory with the black jersey...

Damn yeah, Kahui... I reckon he's still got it. Just been off the radar, which excludes him. Also I forgot about Ranger.

Richard Kahui? He is still alive?

:D

Last edited:
props for putting Fofana up there. I don't know myself if he is the single best atm, and really it's irrelevant, but he's better than what most people think. People see his 2013 Twickenham try and some cool breaks he'll make at int'l level, but they don't notice the attention to detail and maturity he's reached now. He's excellent on defense now, makes the right passes, is brilliant with interceptions etc...etc...

And I don't think BOD is in the Top 10 personally anymore. He's still a very relevant player, but I think there are 10 centers in the world atm in front of him. Time to retire those dirty, dirty socks now...or not !

I made my picks here based on who I'd want if I started a club and had access to any player. I've watched 4 games this guy played (2 of them internationals) and havn't seen him drop 1 tackle and have been very impressed by his overall game awareness and ability to make a gap. Maybe if my life depended on a game I'd pick a combination of Frans Steyn (back in form) and Conrad Smith but if I had a club I'd play a combo of Fofana and Ranger.

On BO'D, I agree. At some point these guys need to step back which he has done on a fitting high. Same went for many of our old guys like John Smit and I see McCaw is dropping and is probably now only 8th best openside in the world (not that you wouldn't select him if your life depended on winning a match mind you).

^
Certainly agree that McCaw is dropping somewhat but 8th best openside in the world is quite a big call!

1. Pocock
2. Hooper
3. Louw
4. Coetzee
5. McCaw
6. Cane
7. Warburton
8. Dusatoir
9. Tipuric
10. Brussow

I am a cop-out and have excluded players like Robshaw and O'Brien who are just a bit different.

I think in NZ Cane and Todd are both ahead of Richie and fit I'd back Gill to get on top of McCaw as well at least in a SR match though I suppose that's not the discussion here. Of course this is all very subjective and merely a case of perception and TBH I did somewhat exagerate as well.

Latest posts