Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Dane Coles

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Ken Owen

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
Dane Coles and Ken Owens should be on your list.

Dane Coles and Ken Owens should be on your list.
Agreed and done.

I went for Coles. Marx not at his rampaging and pilfering best sadly. Many of us are hoping for Mbonambi to start for the Bokke. Marx might be better off the bench I think.

Indeed. At his best, Marx can be excellent, but Bongi looked better in the Rugby Championship.

With that in mind, he probably has a good shout for one of the remaining spots in the top 10.

It's tricky because Best and Guirardo deserve a mention, but both are in poor form. Best is retiring and and it looks like Chat is playing himself in to the France side ahead of Guirardo so whether they merit the top 10 is debatable.

No one yet knows what's happening with Hartley, but if he's still going to be playing he should make the top 10.

If everyone is playing 100% I would have Marx. However I've seen his throwing fall apart in far too many times for a player of his quality. I really like McInally, he would be my starting lions hooker at the moment and it's a toss up between him and Coles for me.

If everyone is playing 100% I would have Marx. However I've seen his throwing fall apart in far too many times for a player of his quality. I really like McInally, he would be my starting lions hooker at the moment and it's a toss up between him and Coles for me.

That makes sense. I really like McInally as well right now, he's in great form for Scotland and deserves the skipper status.

Missing Julien Marchand (Toulouse captain) and Camille Chat

Coles when fit. Can throw consistently, does his work in the tight and great in the loose. NZ have two decent options in him and Taylor.

Now that Jamie George is number 1 he can have a real push to show what he's capable of.

I actually prefer Codie Taylor over Coles. Coles can have brain explosions at times and sees red, like the Judo throw against Nic White lol.

Best has to be Marx that guy is a immense colossus.

I actually prefer Codie Taylor over Coles. Coles can have brain explosions at times and sees red, like the Judo throw against Nic White lol.

Marx is amazing in the tight and getting turn overs, but his throwing in at the line out can be very inconsistent.

Coles needs to be on the edge to play well. Reminds me of a better version of Hartley, but does more in the loose. Injuries and concussion have held him back from being the best hooker in world rugby in the last 3 years.

Marx is amazing in the tight and getting turn overs, but his throwing in at the line out can be very inconsistent.

Coles needs to be on the edge to play well. Reminds me of a better version of Hartley, but does more in the loose. Injuries and concussion have held him back from being the best hooker in world rugby in the last 3 years.

Yeah I agree with you Marx lineout throwing not being so flash, but SA locks are insane Etzabeth, Mostert etc. at lineouts so his throwing doesn't look as bad.

Both Hartley and Coles play a lot better with mongrel/aggression, both are really exceptional players when their discipline is controlled and balanced in matches.

I think Marx has had a few games where he just looked clear and away the best. But the frequency of them were 2 years ago now and we needs to regain that form as well as get consistency at the lineout IMO. ATM he is part of the pack still and though in the mix with 4/5 others I'm not comfortable calling him the clear best.

Guirado was the best a year or two ago imo. Don't know what his form is like now.

McInally looks very good.

Not sure about Creevy's form either.

The USA islander (forget his name) who scores a lot of tries.

I think Marx has had a few games where he just looked clear and away the best. But the frequency of them were 2 years ago now and we needs to regain that form as well as get consistency at the lineout IMO. ATM he is part of the pack still and though in the mix with 4/5 others I'm not comfortable calling him the clear best.

Hopefully, Marx against cause too much havoc on the All Blacks during the weekend haha. Inform Marx is so scary.

Voted for Ken cos I love him. The sheriff!

But Coles is the best IMO. A tryscoring hooker and plays like a winger.

Latest posts