Top 10 Wingers

iINDOMINUSxx

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Edinburgh
so after Big Ewis post on the top 10 Fullbacks i thought it be a good idea to post the top 10 wingers. so there are top quality wingers out there and also young wingers with alot off potential to become something special, here is some possibility of wingers:

- George North
- Andrew Trimble
- Julian Savea
- Bryan Habana
- Nick Cummings
- Alex Cuthbert
- Yoann Huget
- Cory Jane
- Christian Wade
- James O'Connor
- Marland Yarde
- Santiago Cordero
- JP Pietersen
- Napolioni Nalaga
- Simon Zebo

Here's a list which i thought off, if I forgot anyone who should be there just add him/them.
Make your Top 10 FH list, in order.

1. Habana
2. Savea
3. Ranger
4. North
5. Ioane
6. Jane
7. Bowe
8. Huget
9. Sivivatu
10. Visser

Some of them might seem a little weird like Sivi and Visser but i'm going on pure ability and strike rate. Ranger and Ioane I haven't seen much of in France this year but they where world class before they went.

yep he has a great strike rate for Edinburgh 98 games and 57 tries for a team who ain't exactly brilliant and 12 games 6 tries for Scotland, the thing is these polls are down to opinion and I think Visser is a very good winger from what I've seen. If you put Visser in the All blacks I think he would have 10 tries in 12 as he wouldn't have to make his own chances and he would get the ball in space.

Two against Fiji and one against Italy. He is adequate, but not a top wing by a long shot.

Two against Fiji and one against Italy. He is adequate, but not a top wing by a long shot.
Also 2 against the all blacks and France, weird how you missed them out ;) Still I guess not including all the facts always helps your argument :eek:
I do joke obviously, but as I say its down too opinion, there where many players around there who I could have selected like Yarde, Halai, Guilford, JP Pieterson, Zebo, Nalaga and someone obvious who I missed out but can't think of

and about visser also remember he scored two tries for the barbarians in one match against england which he scored the winning try for them, yes he may not be the best winger but definitely a winger with high standards and may show you a tribute video about his tries are quality as you will see here

Last edited by a moderator:
One NZ one was an intercept by Matt Scott. France, lol.
Three tries against quality opposition isn't outstanding. Cuthbert has bagged a few v NZ, Lions, France but I wouldn't say he is world class. I like him, but there are many better wings.
Ngwenya four years ago was a different player than now.

One NZ one was an intercept by Matt Scott. France, lol.
Three tries against quality opposition isn't outstanding. Cuthbert has bagged a few v NZ, Lions, France but I wouldn't say he is world class. I like him, but there are many better wings.
Yeah but Visser is playing for SCOTLAND, no offence, who are bloody **** and he is scoring tries against New Zealand, the one with Scott intercepting he shows serious pace and out runs Cory Jane. Cuthbert plays for Wales who are a team miles better than Scotland and has a worse strike record. Look I just like Visser and think he is a powerful runner a good kicker and chaser, but mainly he gets over the try line. Please do make a top 10 and show me the error of my ways :p
Ngwenya is playing in a team that is so poor I don't blame him for looking like poor, but no he isn't the player he was when he first came on the scene.

NZ have to have a significant portion of this list on their own. North is the only guy from B&I who I think HAS to be in it.

No order and maybe not the best for others but enjoy watching the most.

Nick Cummins
Julien Savea
Rene Ranger
Hosea Gear
Cory Jane
Sitiveni Sivivatu
Gio Aplon
Tommy Bowe
Lelia Masaga
Ben Smith

Up North I'd like to see more of Wade, Yarde, and Guitoune.

1 - 10. James Simpson-Daniel.
KXXqdFw.png

Latest posts