• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 2010/2011 season

Who will win and become French champions?

• Perpignan

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Clermont

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Racing Métro

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Toulon

• Castres

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toulouse

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Other team

• Total voters

TRF_Ezequiel

Kanko Krazy!!!
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Netherlands
Club or Nation
Sharks
Top_14_Logo.png

The 2010-2011 Top 14 season is starting soon. This will be the first time I will be following the competition. My favourite player, Francois Steyn, moved to Racing Metro and because of that I will be supporting that team. It might not be the best reason to start supporting a team but what the hell...

The bonus point system is the same as other competitions:

* 4 points for a win.
* 2 points for a draw.
* 1 "bonus" point for winning while scoring at least 3 more tries than the opponent.
* 1 "bonus" point for losing by 7 points (or less).

As the name of the league might give away, there's 14 teams participating. These are the teams:

- Agen
- Bayonne
- Biaritz
- Bourgoin
- Brive
- Castres
- Clermont
- Montpellier
- Perpignan
- Racing Métro
- La Rochelle
- Stade Français
- Toulon
- Toulouse

Agen and La Rochelle won promotion last season from the D2 League and replace Montauban (financial problems) and Albi

Well, I hope there's some French rugby fans to discuss with here. I am planning to visit a Racing Metro match for the coming season. Would help to get some inside information :)

Don't call yourself a supporter until you have actually been to a mtach, no one likes a glory hunter, do we ;)

Haha. If I wanted to go for glory I would have chosen Toulouse :D

I will call myself a follower until I actually been to the stadium

They do have a wonderful stadium by the way! Historical... 1938 FIFA World Cup final, 1924 Olympic final... It will be really nice to go there.

Top_14_Logo.png

The 2010-2011 Top 14 season is starting soon. This will be the first time I will be following the competition. My favourite player, Francois Steyn, moved to Racing Metro and because of that I will be supporting that team. It might not be the best reason to start supporting a team but what the hell...

* 4 points for a win.
* 2 points for a draw.
* 1 "bonus" point for winning while scoring at least 3 more tries than the opponent.

As the name of the league might give away, there's 14 teams participating. These are the teams:

- Agen
- Bayonne
- Biaritz
- Bourgoin
- Brive
- Castres
- Clermont
- Montpellier
- Perpignan
- Racing Métro
- La Rochelle
- Stade Français
- Toulon
- Toulouse

Agen and La Rochelle won promotion last season from the D2 League and replace Montauban (financial problems) and Albi

Well, I hope there's some French rugby fans to discuss with here. I am planning to visit a Racing Metro match for the coming season. Would help to get some inside information :)

You should try to come for next Paris Derby, i.e. Racing Métro versus Stade Français, which will be played at Stade de France.

Ja, I could do that but I would also really like to visit the stadium in Colombes. Maybe I'll go to several matches ;)

Is there any news about a schedule already?

Ja, I could do that but I would also really like to visit the stadium in Colombes. Maybe I'll go to several matches ;)

Is there any news about a schedule already?
No, not yet. It will be published in a few days.

Paris was left off that list...
vive le Stade Francais...or something!

Is Stade Francais the same as Paris in the schedule?

This is my first time following as well. I will be at Perpignan for the opening on August 13 and will be rooting for Clermont Auvergne. I will attend as many games as possible, at least where Clermont plays in support of their club. Will you be here for the opening game?
Top_14_Logo.png

* 4 points for a win.
* 2 points for a draw.

- Agen
- Bayonne
- Biaritz
- Bourgoin
- Brive
- Castres
- Clermont
- Montpellier
- Perpignan
- Racing Métro
- La Rochelle
- Stade Français
- Toulon
- Toulouse

I went to the SF v Toulouse match in March at the Stade de France. Unbelievable experience, one of the best matches I've been to, unfortunately purely for the occasion. Toulouse whooped ass 0-29.
My second favourite stadium behind the Millennium.
Although they've been pwp recently I'll stick in with Stade. The gf got me the 3rd kit for my birthday as well so i can't just ditch them :p

I guess Toulon or Clermont will win the comp. Altho everything can happen.

The only French teams I've seen play to date are Castres and Toulon - so I think either of them could win the ***le

I have voted other in the hope that Perpignan can make it 3 finals in a row and win this one.

Biarritz? I know they have a good team. But I would rate them top 5

Latest posts