Top 14 Day 11

Big Ewis

Hall of Fame
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Toulon
Iiiiiiit's time for...
this weekend's fixtures, to open up the magnificent Rugby month that is November.

Here's the match list:
[TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR="class: infoboxheadlite"]
[TH="colspan: 4"]11e Journée[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR="class: altrow"]
[TD="class: textcenter"]01/11[/TD]
[TD="class: textcenter"]19:00[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]Rugby Club Toulonnais[/TD]
[TD]Union Bordeaux-Bègles[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: textcenter"] - [/TD]
[TD="class: textcenter"]21:00[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]Castres Olympique[/TD]
[TD]ASM Clermont[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: textcenter"]02/11[/TD]
[TD="class: textcenter"]15:05[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]CA Brive-Corrèze[/TD]
[TD]Stade Toulousain[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: textcenter"]18:30[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]Biarritz Olympique[/TD]
[TD]Racing Métro 92[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: textright"]Montpellier Hérault Rugby[/TD]
[TD]Grenoble[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: textright"]Oyonnax[/TD]
[TD]Perpignan[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: textcenter"]20:30[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]Stade Français[/TD]
[TD]Aviron Bayonnais[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Toulouse leading the pack so far, with Tolofua saying that doesn't add extra pressure on their shoulders, but we'll see if Toulouse can finally do what they did in the HC in Wembley, win on the road. They've yet to succeed in doing that, in 4 out of 4 defeats away from home this season...Surely they can take on Brive.

I'm happy about watching some of that Oyonnax USAP match too Saturday:
Oyonnax had their 'legendary' home advantage demystified when they lost to Stade Francais towards the end of September, only losing by a single point (15-16). The other 4 matches at home have all been victories, including wins over Clermont, Biarritz, Castres and Toulon.
So in there, that's the reigning European and French champs they beat, and the European runner-up (and also the crappiest team in all the Top 14 :p)...now they need to focus on a 5th ranked super solid team in Perpignan.

Note: Castres Clermont should look good. Castres can't play for shyt away from home, but they sure can dismantle visiting squads at Stade Pierre-Antoine. Clermont have been very solid all year long, except when they paid a visit to Pélissié and TDuc and co. in Montpellier...but otherwise are very solid on the road too.

Who are Stade Francais? We have standards here...

Almost beat him to it but had to go out.....come back and look..............he got it wrong!!

It was going to be Stade F....... No, will save it for next week if he lets me!!

Yup, first bollock dropped!!

at this rate, this could easily turn into another Rep-mania thread !
anyways, waiting for comments from others on this weekend...some fine match-ups, interesting stakes for some teams...

at this rate, this could easily turn into another Rep-mania thread !

Perish that very thought....although I did not get one from you!! END OF!!!!!

anyways, waiting for comments from others on this weekend...some fine match-ups, interesting stakes for some teams...

Will get round to it nearer the time!!! I feel, apart from Biarritz where there will be the inevitable defeat, and hope that Sexton IS playing for RM92, I would like to see which if any away team is taking it seriously in their selection....................!!

Incidentally TV time for UK watchers (and those who find their own access!!)

Stade Francisco (see where I am going with that one!!) v Bayonne is live on BT Sport at 19.30 UK Time
Brive v Toulouse live on BT Sport at 14.00 with repeats 01.30 Sunday, 11.30 Sunday

Last edited:
And i thought this thread was serious !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..................................

Perish that very thought....although I did not get one from you!! END OF!!!!!

Will get round to it nearer the time!!! I feel, apart from Biarritz where there will be the inevitable defeat, and hope that Sexton IS playing for RM92, I would like to see which if any away team is taking it seriously in their selection....................!!

Incidentally TV time for UK watchers (and those who find their own access!!)

Stade Francisco (see where I am going with that one!!) v Bayonne is live on BT Sport at 19.30 UK Time
Brive v Toulouse live on BT Sport at 14.00 with repeats 01.30 Sunday, 11.30 Sunday

:rofl:
that sounds like a sexy exotic dance from like...Nicaragua or smt.
Seriously though, if Pascal Papé the SF captain came on these boards and saw the tribulations the name "Stade Français" has gone through from your hands, I swear he'd at least silently shed a tear awkwardly and pretend like he finds it funny.

And i thought this thread was serious !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..................................

and you, seriously, the punctuation....your eyes pop out of their sockets and you grind your teeth when you type, don't you ?!

Not at all, the only time all that happens will be Sat 18.30 till the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.......................................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......

Not at all, the only time all that happens will be Sat 18.30 till the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.......................................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......

so much....intensity.
Tell me, are you a fan of the genus 'coffea', from which we make a beverage also known more vulgarly as..."coffee" ?

Back to the rugby then……

So Toulon to take a comfortable win against UBB who played well last week against USAP only to come away with nothing but who will have Ibanez back next year
as trainer.

Clermont have not won at Castres at least since 2009. However, I think that if the front row stands up, then the rest of the scrum is strong enough to give the backs some decent ball to allow them to at last shine and sneak a win.
Toulouse have a decent track record at Brive and they will carry that forward with another narrow win!

Cannot see anything other than home wins at MHR, Oynnax and Stade Francisco and, although would like to say that the same will be true at Biarritz against Racing, I just cannot see it despite it being a definitive game in their quest to survive.

All season Biarritz's defence has been appallingly badly organised both when the opposition have the ball and when they are chasing a kicked ball and, to compound matters, their tackling has been very poor with too many missed tackles at crucial times.

If Racing take their chances this could be another slaughter and Biarritz will be lucky to keep within 20 points……………..your intrepid reporter will be there to suffer every score against them!!

Errors and team selections excepted!

Back to the rugby then……

Yes ! :p

uh well let's see...
I agree with your prognostics: all home victories except for Toulouse and Racing. I really hope Toulouse will get this one, as it is easily within their range and they would finally get that road win and show true top of the Top 14 stance. And I really hope for Biarritz they'll get this, as I'm not a big fan of either Parisian teams, and not of BO either but for God's sake I hate to see anyone struggle !!..
Poor Imanol...he's seen a RWC Final where he played superbly and a match totally within grasp (to say the least :p), and now he's on a team that can't win a single match !!..

I'd be reluctant at first for the C.O. ASM match to say home win, but then again Castres are almighty at home...Racing and Toulon came the closest, but they're still undefeated on their soil.

I agree with your prognostics: all home victories except for Toulouse and Racing.

I also went for Clermont!

Poor Imanol...he's seen a RWC Final where he played superbly and a match totally within grasp (to say the least :p), and now he's on a team that can't win a single match !!..

Yes but that was an international match and he was always up for them.............he has long been an "attention seeker" in the BO team rather than a force, (although would concede up until recently he was a strength at the back of the line out), and the nose guard in the H Cup match sums it up when really he should not have played and, I feel, that he, Traille and Yach have become increasingly too big for the club, both individually and collectively.

Interesting, I saw Traille and Yach coming out of a restaurant together after lunch on Tuesday (at 1.45 rather than the next morning for certain players!!) and one wonders what was being discussed....the team selection for Saturday or did they need Imanol included for that?!!

I am aware that Quins, due a TV programme I saw, all eat a provided lunch together and then get back to training............the BO training schedules are no longer put on the website but never seemed particularly onerous to me when they were!

I'd be reluctant at first for the C.O. ASM match to say home win, but then again Castres are almighty at home...Racing and Toulon came the closest, but they're still undefeated on their soil.

Get off the fence and decide!!

Last edited:
I know you have all been waiting for Gaston's predictions;
Home wins for Castres, Oyonnax, Stade Follies, Toulon, and of course Montpellier the unsure: Brive but only just,and now for BO, difficult to see a home win but Racing have not been good on the road so i am going for a BO home wine.

Back to the rugby then……

Clermont have not won at Castres at least since 2009. However, I think that if the front row stands up, then the rest of the scrum is strong enough to give the backs some decent ball to allow them to at last shine and sneak a win.

Apparently Clermont have not won at Castres for 37yrs, 1976 and the score 15-11 in the days of Jean-pierre Romeau if you can reme,mber that long ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to the rugby then……

Apparently Clermont have not won at Castres for 37yrs, 1976 and the score 15-11 in the days of Jean-pierre Romeau if you can reme,mber that long ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry double post!!!!

Double posting is very easy at the moment as there seem to be some glitches!!

I knew it was a long time ago but not how far back so decided to limit it instead of guessing and being wrong AGAIN.................yes, I remember 1976 very well but not French rugby as was too busy to follow it then!!!

Be a good monkey to get off Clermont's back then!! Must be one of the longest runs of not winning against another club to go along with their home record!!

FINALLY!!!!!! Traille dropped to bench!!!!!!

The team for the macth against Racing is finally announced and Traille only makes the bench......now this seems like "not news" to most but for Biarritz to drop Traille is HUGE..........even at the cost of Yach going to 10!!

I have to say the move of Waenga to centre to accomodate Yach at 10 makes a lot of sense as it keeps his foot on the field for penalties (presuming we are in their half during the match!!) and keeps him away from 9 were he has been pretty damn poor for most of this season. Lesgourges steps in at 9 and this is good because he and Roussarie are the future at scrum half for Biarritz.

Be very interested to see how Imanol goes for his first start in six months and trust that he puts more effort in than normal as that is what is needed for as he says "We have nothing to lose"............ except relegation Imanol!!!

Heguy has his suspension cut from 20 to 12 weeks for threatening an official, Magnus Lund and Ia Balshaw (the latter in London for the 10th anniversary of the RWC victory) face an interesting couple of weeks with medical tests that will decide their future after severe injuries......

Not sure that the front row will stand up to the pressure that Racing will put on them and from there it will all go downhill so it would be good if I was wrong on that one!! For those who have been critical of him in the UK, I cannot wait to see Ben Broster back in the front row with Heguy!

1 - Menini 2 - Genevois 3 - Gomez-Kodela 4 - Lund 5 - Marie 6 - Guyot 7 - Fono 8 - Harinordoquy (c.)
9 - Lesgourgues 10 - Yachvili
11 - Brew 12 - Waenga 13 - Burotu 14 - Ngwenya
15 - Couet-Lannes
16 - Whittaker 17 - Synaeghel 18 - Lockley 19 - Furno 20 - Roussarie 21 - Traille 22 - Baby 23 - Van Staden

Latest posts