• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 Day 5

Well played UBB...................my favourite top 14 team (this week anyway)!! I am sure that Gaston had them down as relegation fodder or am I mistaken?

my, my, soooo many mistakes from gastwyn le Gallois this week...shameful...just absolutely shameful...but that's okay, we'll support our dearest colleague as best we can, naturally...
Tony, maybe a click for you, a revelation: UBB your new Top 14 team officially ?

Another good game from both flyhalves, despite a couple of mistakes each. Pretty good game. It seems teams are more competitive on the road this year compared to previous recent years. You see full teams traveling a lot more than last year, I think they've understood just how important it is to go and snatch even a point away, with literally every single team a terror at home. In fact, especially the smaller Oyo, Grenoble, LAR, Lyon, Bayonne..

Well played UBB...................my favourite top 14 team (this week anyway)!! I am sure that Gaston had them down as relegation fodder or am I mistaken?

You obviously are of a certain age as a couple of weeks back and several posts i had them down to maybe replace Castres in the TOP 6!!! LOOK BACK AND FIND !!!
Losing i can get over but losing by FU*** 6 pts is tough as you just about deserve somethoing but get nothing but at least we are only down to 4th, thought our med Joker Coria did excellent as he has only been here a week!!!!!! again too many simple errors 3 important line outs lost if you don't win the ball never going to win the match, its history now grape picking tomorrow with the team, then training Tues and Stade on Sat who are on a rolll.!!!!!!! Busy week.

my, my, soooo many mistakes from gastwyn le Gallois this week...shameful...just absolutely shameful...but that's okay, we'll support our dearest colleague as best we can, naturally...
Tony, maybe a click for you, a revelation: UBB your new Top 14 team officially ?

Another good game from both flyhalves, despite a couple of mistakes each. Pretty good game. It seems teams are more competitive on the road this year compared to previous recent years. You see full teams traveling a lot more than last year, I think they've understood just how important it is to go and snatch even a point away, with literally every single team a terror at home. In fact, especially the smaller Oyo, Grenoble, LAR, Lyon, Bayonne..

Probably yes as they are coached by the second best in the league............Rafa Ibanez.........shame he did not find his way back home to the Basque Country to BO but who can blame him!!

You obviously are of a certain age as a couple of weeks back and several posts i had them down to maybe replace Castres in the TOP 6!!! LOOK BACK AND FIND !!!

A simple "you are mistaken" (as I indeed proffered) would have been sufficient but I will forgive you your outburst due to your overemotional state having realised that Bardos must have been paid by Budda which can surely be the only reason why Montypellier were thwacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Screen Shot 2014-09-14 at 4.42.52 PM.png

Who said Clermont would struggle this year ?? Oh yeah, never mind, that's who. By far the best defense, only 69pts conceded and no try at all, still. 4-1 record, just like Paris. Big props to Paris, although can you believe they're actually in deficit in the pts diff. column ?! They're below 11th Lyon..
and holy shiit, dead last for Castres...
Toulon only 4th with 2 defeats already, but with the mark of a great team anyways: highest points scored and pts diff.

Only 2 mistakes Toulouse which i said would be a toughie and who called Stade v Toulon nobody, remember the Joker was out for Montpellier.. so with shock results in abondance i hit a 72% which is more than the YES or NO votes in Scotland

View attachment 3268

Who said Clermont would struggle this year ?? Oh yeah, never mind, that's who. By far the best defense, only 69pts conceded and no try at all, still. 4-1 record, just like Paris. Big props to Paris, although can you believe they're actually in deficit in the pts diff. column ?! They're below 11th Lyon..
and holy shiit, dead last for Castres...
Toulon only 4th with 2 defeats already, but with the mark of a great team anyways: highest points scored and pts diff.

Very good B E but could you please inform me where you get the 15th pt for Montpellier this season defence bonus point -5pts, Bordeaux 27 Montpellier 21. thats 6 points diffrence so maybe you need to ajust before the whole world knows you no nothing of the new. rules derrrrhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting to compare that table to the eventual final one.

I do not see many changes in constituent members of the top six and that only where there is a significant improvement in Toulouse.

As for the bottom, replace Castres (surely too good to stay down there much longer) with Bayonne and there are the four from which the two for relegation will come....

Almost as predictable as the great Raining Championship down under!!!

Interesting to compare that table to the eventual final one.

I do not see many changes in constituent members of the top six and that only where there is a significant improvement in Toulouse.

As for the bottom, replace Castres (surely too good to stay down there much longer) with Bayonne and there are the four from which the two for relegation will come....

Almost as predictable as the great Raining Championship down under!!!

yep, especially with that French international scrumhalf of theirs.

OK B.E. I WILL DO IT PROPERLY!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, I see we are leading at half time. Good, already had losses for the Springbokke and Western Province today. And I see Clermont won out over Toulouse. It took a lot for me to go against Gastonidus' call on that one. What I don't see is Johan Goosen for Racing. Is he injured or are the Racing selectors retarded?

EDIT. We're up 12 points. Why go for poles when another try could give us a try bonus point?! (3-0, right?)

EDIT. Not looking too good 2nd half. Man, Racing should be doing much better. Just no flow or rythm.

EDIT. Wow, 2 quick tries at the end there. Glad for the BP.

cracking match, really fkn entertaining. Running and attacking for nearly 80min non stop. Both teams playing very focused and taking care of the ball for a change. Dulin with another huge performance, running 170m, beating defenders. Lauret and Le Roux with solid shifts, esp. Lauret, what workrate and so quick off his feet. Machenaud on top form, and flyhalf Dambielle with huge issues from the tee but a fine 10, got the job done.
Got my eye on Dumoulin, very solid center, still fairly young. And I liked young center Dussartre coming off the bench, put in an interesting shift.

Giteau and Pilous PilousBordes out. Enter demigod Michalak and Claassens.

Hey I was just thinking about something. The offensive bonus point is won by the winning team that scores three more tries than the losing team. But what if the losing team scores three more tries than the winning team ? Nothing, right ?...wouldn't it be fun if a losing team could win both the defensive AND offensive bonus points at the same time ?
Like, Winning Team 18-17 Losing Team.
(6 penalties) (3 tries, 1 conv.)

Losing team gets three more tries AND loses by less than 5. :p
Nah, just read about it, only the winning team can acquire an offensive bonus point...

Where did you read about this as i was reading some posts and i came acrooss your looked it up on the LNR site and this is what i found.

Valeur des points
- La victoire = 4 points
- Le match nul = 2 points
- La défaite = 0 point
- Le bonus = 1 point

Bonus
- Bonus offensif (bo​): Un point bonus est attribué à une équipe inscrivant 3 essais de plus que l'adversaire.
- Bonus défensif (bd​): Un point bonus est attribué à une équipe perdant de 5 points ou moins.

Règlement (au terme de la phase régulière)

- Les équipes classées 1ère et 2ème disputent directement les demi-finales,
- L'équipe classée 3ème affronte l'équipe classée 6ème, la 4ème affronte la 5ème pour un match de barrage : les vainqueurs participent aux demi-finales
- Les équipes classées 13ème et 14ème sont reléguées en PRO D2.
It says nothing about you have to win, so what you said seems correct, eg you score 3 tries =15pts, the opposition scores 6 penalties = 18pts youl lose 18-15 and get both losing and attacking bonus pts ????
and if you went one further the draw = 2pts then 3 converted tries =21pts and the opposition scores 7 penalties / drop goals=21pts so the try scoring team gets 3pts and the other 2 pts. Interesting n'estpas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
yeah I was just havin' a laugh about that. Purely mathematically, that's how it is, but the actual laws they wrote are a different scriptum.
I read it on wikipedia gastination, selected it for you here:

Screen Shot 2014-09-16 at 2.57.44 PM.png

I hope you can read through blue highlighting...I've heard some ppl can't, well no sorry that's ridiculous, I didn't really read that...

There's 300 pages of rules and regs for the LNR so took me a while to find it but in Black and white § Points terrain :
La cotation des points terrain est la même que lors des saisons précédentes :
- 1 victoire = 4 points ; 1 match nul = 2 points ; 1 défaite = 0 point
§ Bonus :
Pour la 6ème saison consécutive en Championnat de France, les points bonus sont applicables dans les championnats professionnels de Rugby :
-Le point du bonus offensif sera attribué dans le cas où une équipe marque 3 essais de plus que son adversaire.

-1 point supplémentaire est attribué à l'équipe ayant perdu par un écart inférieur ou égal à 5 points.

Nowhere does it say anything about losing the game so i presume you can lose the game but still get the attacking bonus point if you lose but score 3 to 0, or 4 to 1 tries etc etc.

well it does say it on the Wiki page and I'm guessing the author, although he could be anyone at all, didn't write this just for the heck of it. Besides, haven't seen any of what you and I are saying in the Top 14, although I'm sure it's happened. A team winning, 0 try to 3. Although it's true it's a case in point that occurs much more often in int'l Rugby than Top 14 Rugby..

This is true but i pulled the statement from the LNR rules on bonus points and anyone can add to Wiki, so i tend to believe the LNR, but will have to wait and see if the situation arises!!!!!!!

worst case I can go to Toulon, close from here, and ask Jonny. Jonny knows all.