• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TOP 14 Finale ASM vs SF at Stade de France 13/06/2015

Amobokoboko

Waikato Junglist
Country Flag
Belgium
Club or Nation
Chiefs
Surprised there wasn't a topic about this game.
So SF won it, Morne Steyn scored all the points. Parra and James scored for ASM.
It was a physical game, quite intense. But it reminded me a bit how the Boks play when Steyn has kicking duties. Not the best game of rugby but I was hanging on my couch, so ideally to relax. Also very happy that Parisse won it.

Bad luck for ASM on losing the Heineken cup and the French Finale in the same season.

not the best finale i have ever seen, another final lost by Clermont that's now 11 lost and 1 won, not a great effort, but Stade did deserve it, their defence is water tight and Clermont never looked like scoring but a dour affair and no tries shame, now on to next season in a few weeks time starting with the pre season matches.

it was a good game to watch, everyone here is very happy... i said in the week, Stade in a final on their home patch would win.

There wasn't a point in the game i thought Clermont would win, the Stade Defence was brutal, and a predominantly French Team to boot. :D

Why o Why do Clermont bottle it so often i wanted them to win but knew it would be Stade who came out worthy winners i just think they wanted it more than Clermont and their defence is just so good poor game by Parra who was too slow in his distribution, as they say..... always the bridemaid and never the bride bar once, i was very happy for Doum and Ju Ju ex Montpellier players as we are not ready to lift that Bouclier just yet!!!!

It is strange that Clermont have a mental blockage at finals. This is more than a coincidence and surely it must be looked at.

Once again, I never thought Clermont might win it. It really wasn't a good game, but that made it easier to switch between it and Gibraltar v Germany. :D

I usually would have rooted for Clermont, but after their president talked crap about USAP ("Nos spectateurs ont beaucoup de chance d'avoir un club comme le nôtre, ils pourraient être à Brive, Perpignan ou encore La Rochelle"." - "Our spectators are very lucky to have a club like ours, they could be at Brive, Perpignan or even La Rochelle."), I wasn't too unhappy about their loss.

THIS !!!! after reading what De Cromiere said I thought c'mon your pinks !!!!

I usually would have rooted for Clermont, but after their president talked crap about USAP ("Nos spectateurs ont beaucoup de chance d'avoir un club comme le nôtre, ils pourraient être à Brive, Perpignan ou encore La Rochelle"." - "Our spectators are very lucky to have a club like ours, they could be at Brive, Perpignan or even La Rochelle."), I wasn't too unhappy about their loss.

Valentin Courrent won with Sale in 06 and Toulouse in 08.
Wilko won with Falcons in 98 and Toulon in 14.
Perry Freshwater won several with Tigers and then with Perpignan in 09.

That's as many as i can see from a quick look at the top 14 final teams up to 08.

There's a few more if you take into account squads rather than just players in the final (Mele won with Perpignan but wasnt in the final 23 for Tigers in 13).

One team had composure the other none. Sad for Clermont but Stade seemed to want it that bit more.

Valentin Courrent won with Sale in 06 and Toulouse in 08.
Wilko won with Falcons in 98 and Toulon in 14.
Perry Freshwater won several with Tigers and then with Perpignan in 09.

That's as many as i can see from a quick look at the top 14 final teams up to 08.

There's a few more if you take into account squads rather than just players in the final (Mele won with Perpignan but wasnt in the final 23 for Tigers in 13).

I think that both Julien Dupuy and Benjamin Kaiser won the Premiership with Leicester and Top14 with Stade Français.

Latest posts