Top 5 most entertaining games WC 2015

TJAY

Academy Player
Country Flag
UK
Club or Nation
Worcester
46 games down, and one to go.

Name your top five most entertaining games this WC.

1. South Africa 32-34 Japan
2. Australia 35-34 Scotland Q/F
3. Samoa 33-36 Scotland
4. England 25-28 Wales
5. South Africa 23-19 Wales Q/F

Although the NH teams have not made the last 4, but imo they can take pride in being involved in all of the most entertaining games this WC.

Can the final make the top 5 ?

Two to go!

Swap out Eng v Wal with Ire v Arg and that's my list.

Nothing to do with England losing, i just didn't think it was a very good game.

I'd say only the top 2 on your list were truly entertaining from those I saw. Wales England may have been great for neutral but I have a pit in my stomach thinking about it.

The other two I did see due to being on holiday and travelling back from Bath/Exeter game so can't comment.

Two to go!

Swap out Eng v Wal with Ire v Arg and that's my list.

Nothing to do with England losing, i just didn't think it was a very good game.

It was a good game, the Welsh try confirmed that.

1. NZ vs FRA
2. Jap vs SA
3. Scotland vs Aus
4. Scotland vs Samoa
5. Eng vs Wales

Really you'd have a one sided trashing as your top game as opposed to one greatest upsets in sporting history?

Really you'd have a one sided trashing as your top game as opposed to one greatest upsets in sporting history?

Yeah, maybe because I found it the most entertaining?

Yeah, maybe because I found it the most entertaining?
Fair enough but I turned the game off midway through the second half because it was boring with clear winner. So yeah I thought it was a pretty **** game. Can see why a fan like you would enjoy it though.

Fair enough but I turned the game off midway through the second half because it was boring with clear winner. So yeah I thought it was a pretty **** game. Can see why a fan like you would enjoy it though.

Cool story bro, in other words you can't handle watching the best team in the world dominate on your own turf in a tournament you didn't even get out off the pool stages in, let's be honest here and not beat around the bush.

I can see why a fan like you would turn it off though.

46 games down, and one to go.

Name your top five most entertaining games this WC.

1. South Africa 32-34 Japan
2. Australia 35-34 Scotland Q/F
3. Samoa 33-36 Scotland
4. England 25-28 Wales
5. South Africa 23-19 Wales Q/F

Although the NH teams have not made the last 4, but imo they can take pride in being involved in all of the most entertaining games this WC.

Can the final make the top 5 ?

You hit the nail on the head there man. The best game was Japan vs SA and next probably Australia vs Scotland. Those are the two stand out one for me.

Hopefully last one will blow both out of the water and we see an 11 try thriller in the final! I see the All Blacks doing just enough to win. They can afford to give penalties away in slightly more dangerous positions due to Foley's less reliable kicking form. Carter's kicking is back where it was when he was at top form, looks like he's back to stellar-level now.

AB's coming to the boil at just the right time. Maybe Oz are either more battered or more battle hardened, having played tough crunch matches from the off. NZ definite favourites but I have no idea who will prevail.

Cool story bro, in other words you can't handle watching the best team in the world dominate on your own turf in a tournament you didn't even get out off the pool stages in, let's be honest here and not beat around the bush.

I can see why a fan like you would turn it off though.
Nope just proves you only give a toss if NZ win and not the quality of the game itself. Can't think of many people who'd try to say a one sided game was exciting.

NZ v France was painful to watch, whilst being mildly amusing, but I wouldn't of called it exciting.

Nope just proves you only give a toss if NZ win and not the quality of the game itself. Can't think of many people who'd try to say a one sided game was exciting.

What was so good about it was the display of how attacking rugby should be played, and that is what I want to see in a game of rugby.

Also remember that as supporters of our country we are more than likely going to find our games more exciting to watch as we have more of a vested interest.

For me the list would be

NZ vs Fr
Arg vs Ire
SA vs Japan
Aus vs Sco
Eng vs Wales

By putting NZ v France top, you lose all credibility with your list.

What was so good about it was the display of how attacking rugby should be played, and that is what I want to see in a game of rugby.

Also remember that as supporters of our country we are more than likely going to find our games more exciting to watch as we have more of a vested interest.
No problem with that but neutral games like that are gash. Honestly yesterday's attritional battle v SA was more entertaining as a neutral.

I do agree with your second statement and I know that just not sure how it can be rated as the best game of the tournament. Especially when it gave us Japan V SA which had everything. Can see why fans searching for one in the top 5 would stick it in.

P.S. beating this French side is nothing to brag about we scored 7 try's against them earlier this year

Tonga 10-17 Georgia was another entertaining and riveting game.

I do agree with your second statement and I know that just not sure how it can be rated as the best game of the tournament.

Its not the best game of the tourney for me, the thread was the 5 most entertaining games, and seeing NZ deliver a master class in rugby was the most entertaining for me.

If you make a 5 best games it will most prob be similar but the order will change. Maybe chuck another game or 2 in there.

I'm surprised to see Eng Wal mentioned a few times.
I can understand Nz France as, for Kiwis, that's a massively satisfying game in both the manner of victory and the 2007 "revenge".
The standard of rugby in the Eng Wal game was poor, and while Wales' last try was good and i can understand the last 15-20 were exciting....i dunno. To say such a cripple fight is one of the top 5 games seems weird to me.

It's an opinion based thread on what game you found the most entertaining and you attack my opinion with an obvious bitter rant about turning the game off sounding like a proper pr!ck mate.

It's an opinion based thread on what game you found the most entertaining and you attack my opinion with an obvious bitter rant about turning the game off sounding like a proper pr!ck mate.
Yeah I questioned you opinion because I turned the game off. Christ can we not have a discussion about things anymore!

Latest posts