TRF Mr Fish

Your Piscine Overlord
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
[delete this]

Why can't I delete my own thread!?

Last edited:
nah nah, let's make this into a thread. Come on people, with faith and good will we can accomplish anything.
Let this thing be like an attempted abortion that lingered on by accident but that we grew to love with all our hearts.

First though: "First Five"...hmmm........what the fk does that mean ?

1- Quade Cooper
2- Dan Carter
3- Jonny Wilkinson
4- Jonathan Sexton
5- Luke McAllister
6- Patt Lambie
7- Aaron Cruden
8- Bernard Foley
9- Owen Farrell
10 - Beauden Barrett

Special mention: Morné Steyn because he's an amazing kicker but in all other respects he's bad. (Like Ronan O'Gara in his best)

nah nah, let's make this into a thread. Come on people, with faith and good will we can accomplish anything.
Let this thing be like an attempted abortion that lingered on by accident but that we grew to love with all our hearts.

First though: "First Five"...hmmm........what the fk does that mean ?

First Five Eight is the Fly-half name for kiwis and aussies.
And Second Five Eight is the Inside Centre name for kiwis and aussies. And Centre = Outside Centre.

Cheers

Last edited:
McAllister are you smoking crack ? He's an inside centre
1.Carter
2.Cruden
3.Sexton
4.Cooper
5.Evans
6.Wilkinson
7.Barrett
8.Hernandez
9.James
10.Farrell

McAllister are you smoking crack ? He's an inside centre
1.Carter
2.Cruden
3.Sexton
4.Cooper
5.Evans
6.Wilkinson
7.Barrett
8.Hernandez
9.James
10.Farrell
http://www.itsrugby.fr/joueur-zoom-2031-top14-2013-***ulaire.html 8 starts at first five

http://www.itsrugby.fr/joueur-zoom-2031-top14-2012-***ulaire.html 15 starts at first five

http://www.itsrugby.fr/joueur-zoom-2031-top14-2013-***ulaire.html 8 starts at first five

http://www.itsrugby.fr/joueur-zoom-2031-top14-2012-***ulaire.html 15 starts at first five

He's only been regularly played as a fly half for Toulouse but he's played some of his best rugby at 12. Even the links you've given say he's a centre.

Yeah, but even at the end of his Blues stint he was playing more at standoff.
He has played well at standoff for ST whenever I've seen him play, so I don't think it is inappropriate for someone to considering him a standoff.

Yeah, but even at the end of his Blues stint he was playing more at standoff.
He has played well at standoff for ST whenever I've seen him play, so I don't think it is inappropriate for someone to considering him a standoff.
He's had some good games at 10 don't get me wrong but he ain't a fly-half, he's a centre I clicked on the link at it says centre. Look at the game v sarries and you will see him have a terrible game. Stade clearly don't think he is that good a 10 because they used Doussain at 10 against us in the second game and done all they could to get Flood. You can play anyone anywhere, Steyn is playing 10 for Sharks but he isn't a 10 he's a 12/15. O'Connor played 10 vs the Lions but I don't think anyone could say he is a 10. McAlister is a good player and plays 10 a bit but it isn't his first choice position. Either way would he be in the top 10 it's down to opinion but I wouldn't say so.

He's had some good games at 10 don't get me wrong but he ain't a fly-half, he's a centre I clicked on the link at it says centre. Look at the game v sarries and you will see him have a terrible game. Stade clearly don't think he is that good a 10 because they used Doussain at 10 against us in the second game and done all they could to get Flood. You can play anyone anywhere, Steyn is playing 10 for Sharks but he isn't a 10 he's a 12/15. O'Connor played 10 vs the Lions but I don't think anyone could say he is a 10. McAlister is a good player and plays 10 a bit but it isn't his first choice position. Either way would he be in the top 10 it's down to opinion but I wouldn't say so.
I agree with this mate. I prefer him at second five myself, wish he stayed in NZ after 2007, could have been a great replacement for Mauger.

McAllister definitely looks limited, almost a little confined in a 10 jersey, it's true. He's still a fine product there though, no doubt. Quality player. Penalty kicking is...ehh...inconsistent definitely.

I agree with this mate. I prefer him at second five myself, wish he stayed in NZ after 2007, could have been a great replacement for Mauger.

If he was in NZ in 2011 he probably would have been called up before Donald and would have a WC winners medal

If he was in NZ in 2011 he probably would have been called up before Donald and would have a WC winners medal

The interesting thing is he actually was in NZ in 2011. He signed with Toulouse earlier in the season, but played the Super Rugby season with the Blues. He was then due to play for North Harbour in the ITM Cup before heading overseas, but threw his toys out of the cot when he wasn't picked for the All Blacks. He didn't turn up to trainings, got mysterious injuries minutes before kick-off, and played pathetically in the few games he did play. The NZRFU eventually granted him an early release (as they had had enough of his crap by then) - ironically if he hadn't been released early he probably would have still been in NZ during the RWC, and would possibly have had a RWC medal. I suppose that's what you get for acting like a spoilt brat...

maybe he would have made that kick to go up 8 a little less ambiguous...^_^ kidding, kidding...

Latest posts