• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top League Stars

Japanese_Hero

Academy Player
Country Flag
Japan
Club or Nation
Japan
im guessing since you guys ain't big fans of the top league i'll go through the currents stars in the top league (not in order)

1.) Ayumu Goromaru
トップリーグ第1節006.jpg
Position: Fullback
Date of birth: march 1, 1987 (age 27)
Place of birth: Fukuoka, Japan
Club: Yahama Jubilo
Previous Clubs: None
Nationality: Japanese
International Caps (points) 33 (343)
Club caps (points) 68 (747)
Details: he was the top point scorer in the top league in the last 2 years

2.) Rico Gear
img_7580.jpg
Position: Wing, Center, Fullback
Date of birth: February 26, 1978 (35)
place of birth Gisborne, New Zealand
Club: Kintetsu Liners
Previous Clubs: Worcester, Blues, Crusaders
Nationality: New Zealand
International Caps (points): 20 (65)
Club Caps: dont know
Details: brothers with Hosea Gear

3.) Fourie du Preez
Fourie+Du+Preez+Suntory+Sungoliath+v+Toshiba+FVOYeimT9oRl.jpg
Position: Scrum-Half
Date of birth: March 24, 1982 (31)
place of birth: Pretoria, South Africa
Club: Suntory Sungoliath
Previous Clubs: Bulls
Nationality: South African
International Caps (points): 67 (75)
Club Caps (points): 27 (25)
Details: In 2004 he was inducted into the University of Pretoria Sport Hall of fame.

4.) Jaque Fourie
jaque-fourie-kobe.jpg
Position: Center, Wing, Fullback
Date of birth: march 4, 1983 (30)
place of birth: Carletonville, South Africa
Club: Kobelco Steelers
Previous Clubs: Panasonic Wild Knights, Stormers, Lions
International Caps (points): 72 (160)
Club Caps (points): 18 (105)
Details: got his first springboks debut in the 2003 world cup

5.) Shane Williams
image-4-for-shane-williams-plays-rugby-in-japan-gallery-427966047.jpg
Position: Wing, Scrum-half
Date of birth: February 26, 1977 (36)
place of birth: Swansea, Wales
Club: Mitsubishi Dynaboars
Previous Clubs: Ospreys, Neath
Nationality: Welsh
International Caps (points): 87 (290)
Club Caps (points): 1 (5) (im sure he played more)
Details: got 4 lions caps and scored 2 tries

i think i covered the vital stars if there is anymore i forgotten about the please post them

Last edited:
Mon classement: 1-George Smith (Suntory Sungoliath) 2-Fourie du Preez (Suntory Sungoliath) 3-Fumiaki Tanaka (Panasonic Wild Knights) 4-Shota Horie (Panasonic Wild Knights) 5-Ayumu Goromaru (Yamaha Jubilo) 6-Jaque Fourie (Kobelco Steelers) 7-Hitoshi Ono (Toshiba Brave Lupus) 8-Takashi Kikutani (Toyota Verblitz) 9-Michael Leitch (Toshiba Brave Lupus) 10-Harumichi Tatekawa (Kubota Spears) 11-Hitoshi Ono (Toshiba Brave Lupus) 12-Nili Latu (NEC Green Rockets) 13-Youngnam Yu (Panasonic Wild Knights) 14-Kim Chul Won (Kintetsu Liners) 15-Nemani Nadolo (NEC Green Rockets)

im guessing since you guys ain't big fans of the top league i'll go through the currents stars in the top league (not in order)

1.) Ayumu Goromaru
View attachment 2608
Position: Fullback
Date of birth: march 1, 1987 (age 27)
Place of birth: Fukuoka, Japan
Club: Yahama Jubilo
Previous Clubs: None
Nationality: Japanese
International Caps (points) 33 (343)
Club caps (points) 68 (747)
Details: he was the top point scorer in the top league in the last 2 years

2.) Rico Gear
View attachment 2609
Position: Wing, Center, Fullback
Date of birth: February 26, 1978 (35)
place of birth Gisborne, New Zealand
Club: Kintetsu Liners
Previous Clubs: Worcester, Blues, Crusaders
Nationality: New Zealand
International Caps (points): 20 (65)
Club Caps: dont know
Details: brothers with Hosea Gear

3.) Fourie du Preez
View attachment 2610
Position: Scrum-Half
Date of birth: March 24, 1982 (31)
place of birth: Pretoria, South Africa
Club: Suntory Sungoliath
Previous Clubs: Bulls
International Caps (points): 67 (75)
Club Caps (points): 27 (25)
Details: In 2004 he was inducted into the University of Pretoria Sport Hall of fame.

4.) Jaque Fourie
View attachment 2611
Position: Center, Wing, Fullback
Date of birth: march 4, 1983 (30)
place of birth: Carletonville, South Africa
Club: Kobelco Steelers
Previous Clubs: Panasonic Wild Knights, Stormers, Lions
International Caps (points): 72 (160)
Club Caps (points): 18 (105)
Details: got his first springboks debut in the 2003 world cup

5.) Shane Williams
View attachment 2612
Position: Wing, Scrum-half
Date of birth: February 26, 1977 (36)
place of birth: Swansea, Wales
Club: Mitsubishi Dynaboars
Previous Clubs: Ospreys, Neath
Nationality: Welsh
International Caps (points): 87 (290)
Club Caps (points): 1 (5) (im sure he played more)
Details: got 4 lions caps and scored 2 tries

i think i covered the vital stars if there is anymore i forgotten about the please post them

Your ranking is flawed from the outset dear friend. Since Mitsubishi Sagamihara Dynaboars where Shane Willimas evolves, does not play in the Top League but Top East League (Japanese 2nd division) ...

Your ranking is flawed from the outset dear friend. Since Mitsubishi Sagamihara Dynaboars where Shane Willimas evolves, does not play in the Top League but Top East League (Japanese 2nd division) ...

like i said this is not in order this is randomly placed

Else if you follow the Japanese rugby there is a Panasonic Wild Knights explosive / Toshiba Brave Lupus Sunday. I advise you to follow the young scrum half Takahiro Ogawa (arrived from Nihon University team this summer). This little guy is very talented. I'll ad in Japanese selection very quickly in number 3 (behind Tanaka and Hiwasa).

Else if you follow the Japanese rugby there is a Panasonic Wild Knights explosive / Toshiba Brave Lupus Sunday. I advise you to follow the young scrum half Takahiro Ogawa (arrived from Nihon University team this summer). This little guy is very talented. I'll ad in Japanese selection very quickly in number 3 (behind Tanaka and Hiwasa).

yeah i did hear about him im looking forward to seeing him play

Mon classement: 1-George Smith (Suntory Sungoliath) 2-Fourie du Preez (Suntory Sungoliath) 3-Fumiaki Tanaka (Panasonic Wild Knights) 4-Shota Horie (Panasonic Wild Knights) 5-Ayumu Goromaru (Yamaha Jubilo) 6-Jaque Fourie (Kobelco Steelers) 7-Hitoshi Ono (Toshiba Brave Lupus) 8-Takashi Kikutani (Toyota Verblitz) 9-Michael Leitch (Toshiba Brave Lupus) 10-Harumichi Tatekawa (Kubota Spears) 11-Hitoshi Ono (Toshiba Brave Lupus) 12-Nili Latu (NEC Green Rockets) 13-Youngnam Yu (Panasonic Wild Knights) 14-Kim Chul Won (Kintetsu Liners) 15-Nemani Nadolo (NEC Green Rockets)
just to remind you that you added hitoshi ono in twice and nadolo is playing for the crusaders now, and fumiaki tanaka playes for the highlanders now

Hitoshi Ono mistake. But I remind you that Fumiaki Tanaka is currently playing for Panasonic and Nemani Nadolo power NEC Green Rockets ... Fumiaki Tanaka was the man of the match in the stunning victory against Suntory Sungoliath Wild Knights last Saturday. You have the Top League? The university championship? The high school tournament? I should not even have to remind you that many players are in a year in the Top League and Super Rugby, both championships being short and a further season.

Last edited:
Hitoshi Ono mistake. But I remind you that Fumiaki Tanaka is currently playing for Panasonic and Nemani Nadolo power NEC Green Rockets ... Fumiaki Tanaka was the man of the match in the stunning victory against Suntory Sungoliath Wild Knights last Saturday. You have the Top League? The university championship? The high school tournament? I should not even have to remind you that many players are in a year in the Top League and Super Rugby, both championships being short and a further season.

did he i did not realize and i was sure he still played for the highlanders anyway i dont watch or follow that much top league i have interests in how the sanix blues are going on

these players should be top league stars
Stephen Donald (Mitsubishi Dynaboars)
Rodney So'oialo (Honda heat)
Tyrone Smith (Honda heat)

Last edited:

Latest posts