• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top14 2008/2009

D

DonBilly

The LNR has just released the new season calendar. The French championship will resume on the 26th of August and the Final will be on the 6th of June.

The first round will see RC Toulon hosting ASM Clermont.

For the time being, after completing their recruitment the Top14 and ProD2 clubs are starting the preparation of this new season. The new ELVs rules will be followed. The referees have been trained to these new rules by the FFR for six months. We'll see if the friendlies played this summer will already follow these new rules.

Hi
well that's nice to hear about the schedules of the north hemisphere's the most popular rugby league matches but I wan to admit about the Clermont, I feel so sorry for them
First Georgian Zirakashvili plays in Clermont and second it was millionth time they were defeated in Final sorry for that that's annoying thintg I think
I dont think 2008/2009 will make some dramatic changes in their play
610x.jpg

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Hi
well that's nice to hear about the schedules of the north hemisphere's the most popular rugby league matches but I wan to admit about the Clermont, I feel so sorry for them
First Georgian Zirakashvili plays in Clermont and second it was millionth time they were defeated in Final sorry for that that's annoying thintg I think
I dont think 2008/2009 will make some dramatic changes in their play
610x.jpg

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: [/b]

For your information, Clermont are travelling to the US where they're going to stay a couple of weeks to follow their prepartion. They will play a match versus the US national team. It should be broadcasted on ESPN.

There is still the glaring problem of France being unable to send a full strength side down under because of how the French schedule works out. It really needs to be sorted eventually..

..the NZRU are threatening 'tour boycotts' and the like but it isn't the FFR's fault. The fact that the SH Unions are considering punishment against the wrong people for a situation that is clearly not their fault belies a total lack of understanding about the brutal realities of professionalism.

If the NZRU think that punishing the FFR will force the French Clubs to suddenly reassess their league schedules, they've got another thing coming, if anything it will make the club owners laugh.

"Haw, haw" they'll chortle whilst drinking wine at a local provincial bistro "those silly poor people down under, giving the FFR a good what for, what what? More snails?"

There is still the glaring problem of France being unable to send a full strength side down under because of how the French schedule works out. It really needs to be sorted eventually..

..the NZRU are threatening 'tour boycotts' and the like but it isn't the FFR's fault. The fact that the SH Unions are considering punishment against the wrong people for a situation that is clearly not their fault belies a total lack of understanding about the brutal realities of professionalism.

If the NZRU think that punishing the FFR will force the French Clubs to suddenly reassess their league schedules, they've got another thing coming, if anything it will make the club owners laugh.

"Haw, haw" they'll chortle whilst drinking wine at a local provincial bistro "those silly poor people down under, giving the FFR a good what for, what what? More snails?" [/b]

You know what? In principle it should have been ok, they originally planed to play the final on the 30th of May.

The issue is that the Stade de France is already reserved for the crappy "Adieu" concerts of Johnny Halyday!!! They considered playing then the final in Marseilles but this has legal implications that prevented it to happen. I don't know how the LNR negotiated their contract with the Stade de France consortium but they are bound to play the final in the Stade de France...

The FFR cannot do what they want. Marc Lièvremont can of course convene any player and the clubs must release them but this is likely that the players themselve won't go. The Brennus shield has more value than june tours to any French players.

There will be a new LNR president next year, he might be more open to the Unions concerns.

Listen, I don't even know why I'm even talking about this and I don't even know why the NZRU are bothering wasting breath about this because at the end of the day, no offense but France rarely takes any notice of either what the rest of the world wants it to do or thinks of it. The whole issue of the Brennus shield over an international cap only serves to reinforce this impression.

Listen, I don't even know why I'm even talking about this and I don't even know why the NZRU are bothering wasting breath about this because at the end of the day, no offense but France rarely takes any notice of either what the rest of the world wants it to do or thinks of it. The whole issue of the Brennus shield over an international cap only serves to reinforce this impression. [/b]

Alas, how right. :wall: :wall:

You have no idea how this ****** me off. The LNR had agreed at Woking to end the season by May, but they are just a bunch of f***ers.
I guess we'll have to go to the 10th place in the rankings to finally see things change. :ranting: :wall:

<div class='quotemain'> Listen, I don't even know why I'm even talking about this and I don't even know why the NZRU are bothering wasting breath about this because at the end of the day, no offense but France rarely takes any notice of either what the rest of the world wants it to do or thinks of it. The whole issue of the Brennus shield over an international cap only serves to reinforce this impression. [/b]

Alas, how right. :wall: :wall:

You have no idea how this ****** me off. The LNR had agreed at Woking to end the season by May, but they are just a bunch of f***ers.
I guess we'll have to go to the 10th place in the rankings to finally see things change. :ranting: :wall:
[/b][/quote]

You should cool down. You should rejoice no more Johnny soon in the stadiums.

The only thing that matters to me is French rugby - Top 14, Rugby Pro D2 and Fédérale 1, 2 and 3. Obviously, I'm excited about the new season

The Top14 resumed yesterday evening.

Somme surprises, Toulouse lost versus Montpellier and Clermont lost versus Toulon (SBW scored the first of the three Toulon tries). Biarritz struggled to pass Bourgoin, Perpignan had to wait until the last 20 minutes to make points of their domination versus Brive, Bayonne managed to defeat Castres away by one point, Montauban dominated very easily Mont de Marsan, last but not the least Paris defeated the other Landes' club, Dax, and took the league:

Perpignan 34-17 Brive
Castres 26-27 Bayonne
Dax 9-31 Stade Français
Montpellier 16-11 Toulouse
Montauban 37-19 Mont-de-Marsan
Biarritz 28-22 Bourgoin
Toulon 22-16 Clermont

League Table after first round:
<tr></tr>TeamPtsBonusP.W.D.L.p.c.Diff.
1 Stade Français51110031922
2 Montauban511100371918
3 Perpignan401100341816
4 Biarritz40110029227
5 Toulon40110022166
6 Montpellier40110016115
7 Bayonne40110027261
8 Castres1110012627-1
9 Toulouse1110011116-5
10 Clermont1110011622-6
11 Bourgoin1110012229-7
12 Brive0010011834-16
13 Mont-de-Marsan0010011937-18
14 Dax001001931-22

An update, second round wqas played last week-end:

Stade Français 27 - 22 Mont-de-Marsan
Clermont 43 - 20 Montpellier
Bayonne 22 - 20 Montauban
Toulouse 32 - 25 Dax
Toulon 3 - 3 Brive
Biarritz 32 - 17 Castres
Bourgoin 16 - 22 Perpignan

1 Stade Français 9 2 2 0 0 58 31 +27
2 Biarritz Olympique 8 2 2 0 0 61 39 +22
3 Avrion Bayonnais 8 2 2 0 0 49 46 +3
4 ASM Clermont 6 2 1 0 1 59 42 +17
5 Montauban 6 2 1 0 1 57 41 +16
6 RC Toulon 6 2 1 1 0 25 19 +6
7 Stade Toulousain 5 2 1 0 1 43 41 +2
8 USA Perpignan 4 1 1 0 0 34 18 +16
9 Montpellier 4 2 1 0 1 36 54 -18
10 CA Brive 2 2 0 1 1 21 37 -16
11 CS Bourgoin-Jailleu 1 1 0 0 1 22 29 -7
12 Castres Olympique1 2 0 0 2 43 59 -16
13 Stade Montois 1 2 0 0 2 41 64 -23
14 Dax 1 2 0 0 2 34 63 -29

First big strike of the season for Stade Français who won easily at Perpignan yesterday (26-11, half time : 16-3) with great performances by Hernandez, Beauxis (at... fullback !) Oelschig, Parisse, Leguizamon... they're still leading the Top 14 after 3 rounds. Perpignan was undefeated at home since April 2007.

Tonight an exciting Stade Toulousain vs Biarritz !

Others results:
Stade Montois 25-18 RC Toulon
Montauban 18-14 CS Bourgoin-Jallieu
CA Brive-Corrèze 16-16 Castres Olympique
US Dax 6-9 Montpellier HRC »
Aviron Bayonnais 17-6 Clermont Auvergne

Uh oh, good showing my Stade Montois!!! Looks like Sarries are going to have it tough in the land of the eternal Thomas Castinede!

Thomas Castaignède who's now commentator for the french television. ;)

Last game:

Toulouse 20 - Biarritz 6 (Half time: 10-3)
(Offensive bonus for Toulouse)

Toulouse:
Tries: Kelleher, Ahoteiloa, Heymans
1 goal and 1 conversion by Elissalde (2/6)

Biarritz:
2 goals by Courrent (2/4)

Toulouse was largely dominated in the beginning but Biarritz's awkwardness and a lightning by Kelleher who scored a try after stealing the ball behind a scrum and a 60 meter run changed the course of the game. A second lightning of 'Jeu à la toulousaine' happened early in the second half who resulted a try by the tongian centre Ahoteiloa and the suspense was already over. Biarritz seemed discouraged at the end of the game, allowing Toulouse to score the bonus try by Heymans at the last minute. A bit lucky, but a solid win for Toulouse after two mixed performance...

How many teams are based in Paris and how many get relagated/promoted every season?

The biggest part of french teams is based on the South of France. There is just one team in TOP14 from Paris which is Stade Français.

Each years, two teams get promoted from PROD2 and two of TOP14 get relagated in the other one!

Been a while for me here, but I created these tonight.

<div align='center'>
toulousehome.png
toulouseaway.png
</div>

Latest posts