• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top14 day 25...

gaston le gaff

First XV
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Montpellier

Interestingly that Sky Sports.....the rights holders in the Uk.....have now subsided in their coverage to the level of that of BT Sports last year only using their coverage of Top 14 as minimal.

This week they are only showing the Grenoble/Toulouse match on the red button behind the tennis yet not even advertising that fact, as they did not last week, on the information button.

You have to look at the Sky Sports rugby fixtures on their website to find it...great if you have an internet connection.

Even then, at the moment, that is the last match of the season that they are showing according to the Sky website!

I presume they only update their information on their website occasionally so you have to keep checking!!

It's great to see Sky are mindful of the welfare of our players and have gone for an earlier end to the season..so considerate of them ;)

Oyonnax Toulouse UBB Castres La Rochelle SF Clermont. Not sure about Clermont win at home will depend on the visitors, will Toulon play their big team after Laporte talk of resting his players. Toulouse win at Grenoble would mean a sixth win on the trot. Might be pushing it a bit..but I feel Grenoble are there for the taking. If not a bonus point will do.
SF v Montpellier is looking tasty as well. I think SF might edge it at home but I like FTD's return to form for Montpellier with 2 nice drop goals incl. +45m one last week-end. Montpellier could shake the parisian tree...

Last edited:
Agree mostly with all that the one i see besides ours is Castres v Brive, both need the points could be a ***anic struggle upfront with Brive looking for penalties for Germaine to convert, as they will not be playing fast running rugby. As for us we have no choice but to beat Stade if not then its either a 7th place playoff hopefully as that is not yet assured or next season the Challenge, the only good thing about the Challenge CCup is that there is a Russian team next season so that would be an interesting away joly not sure whether they would have Guinness. Toulouse look good and Grenoble like many previous seasons tend to struggle come the end and they have massive injury problems to boot.

The team compo for Toulon is very much a B side if not a C side esp. in the backs. Never heard of Jimmy Yobo Ulupano Seuteni etc
Clermont should edge it...but if Toulon win they'll be doing us a favour...

Last edited:
Sky announced on commentary at Grenoble that they are showing Clermont Toulon tomorrow........even if not stated on their live fixtures on Sky.com/rugby!!!

There is hope they might show les Barrages also then!!

Edit....Sorry @FrenchFan but have not seen ST since the early rounds of the season and it looks as if nothing has changed!!!

I know they have played so much better but today it is back to poor front row, headless chicken decisions and mistake after mistake!! 13:0 as I write!!

Edit of edit: how many points has Medard cost ST and not just in this match with his selfishness and inability to see his mates around home?

Last edited by a moderator:
So Montpellier need to get at the very least one point or it is good night Irene and 8th position?

It is down now to home games for Bayonne (v La Rochelle) or Brive (v La Rochelle) to decide who goes down as I predicted!!!!!!

Brive will lose and Bayonne, on a flood of emotional support, will win to secure the future of the fused club in the Top 14!!!!!!!

Good night Irene and hello Russia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sky announced on commentary at Grenoble that they are showing Clermont Toulon tomorrow........even if not stated on their live fixtures on Sky.com/rugby!!!

There is hope they might show les Barrages also then!!

Edit....Sorry @FrenchFan but have not seen ST since the early rounds of the season and it looks as if nothing has changed!!!

I know they have played so much better but today it is back to poor front row, headless chicken decisions and mistake after mistake!! 13:0 as I write!!

Edit of edit: how many points has Medard cost ST and not just in this match with his selfishness and inability to see his mates around home?

au contraire, we're still very much in the race. I said 6 wins on the trot might have been a big ask and it was.

This one will keep our feet on the ground just before the playoffs.

We have our semi final ;)

PS Maxime has been in fine form lately. He was our best player v Toulon (1 try+1 try assist) and was very much involved v SF (1 try) + 2 tries v Brive. You haven't been watching :p

Last edited by a moderator:
au contraire, we're still very much in the race. I said 6 wins on the trot might have been a big ask and it was.

This one will keep our feet on the ground just before the playoffs.

PS Maxime has been in fine form lately. He was our best player v Toulon (1 try+1 try assist) and was very much involved v SF (1 try) + 2 tries v Brive. You haven't been watching :p

Been busy in the lower league!!!!

Been busy in the lower league!!!!

No problem I figured that out ^_^. I haven't been able to go to ProD2 games as I used to due to lack of time and I regret it.

ProD2 is a very important league in our rugby and from what ive heard here the standard is now at where T16 was 10 yrs ago. Great to see Pau back in the elite.

Fair play to Grenoble. They played like possessed with their survival in the league at stake. They threw everything at us the kitchen sink and more, they had the barbed wire out, Stalingrad stuff.

We'll just have to take that one on the chin and move on. Noves said the team had been on a cloud after the series of 5 wins, so now they brought us back to earth and did us a favour in a way before the play-offs.

- - - Updated - - -

surely you mean quarter final more than likely at home no doubt

yeah I meant quarter final. Got carried away there :lol:

Last edited:
Toulon looking to play more attacking game than with their first team!!! This could be good night ASM!!

Incidentally, I see sky have a match set to be shown next weekend on Saturday so presumably there have been second thoughts and maybe we will get to see Les Barrages etc

Last edited:
Clermont robbed of denying Toulon the bonus point by the TMO!!!!

Not a good performance from Clermont, they won it by 3 pts with a near full strength side v a Toulon side that has never played together. Many new young faces in the backs who played some good attacking rugby. They were denied one try not by much so could have won. Clever of Laporte to rest the big guns before playoffs...

the plain fact is Laporte rests his big guns and to be truthful after watching the match no one really noticed and Toulon were the better team on the night and very unlucky not to win the game, the try disallowed was a forward pass but only just and would have been given on many occaisons. the only thing they lacked was experience but it just shows how much depth there is at Toulon, i really can't see anyone taking the Bouclier away from them!!!!!!!!!

Toulon should be allowed to enter their seconds in the league.......reckon they would be top six material !!! Probably give the first team a bit of a going over too! B

Latest posts