• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Touch rugby in Pretoria

S

Steve-o

Hey, I'm thinking of putting together a touch rugby team for the local Pretoria league. Is anybody interesting in being drafted in? My expectations aren't high but if there's atleast 2 of us we can convince the rest (still recruiting) to dub the team, Team TRF :D .
If you're interested drop me a PM or post on here.

Ha Ha! I would love to man. But i'm working. :( I can definitely make a plan to come on a weeken to KICK SOME ASS!!!

Speaking of touch rugby, I'm playing in a final this monday. Yay!

Pitty it's to decide the league 3 champions though, the league 1 champions play at Twickenham during the Middlesex Sevens :(

Twickenham? Wow, who do you register with Mite? I'm gonna be registering with In 2 Touch, apparently they have an International following, and even International competitions. Not the same foundation?

Ha Ha! I would love to man. But i'm working. :( I can definitely make a plan to come on a weeken to KICK SOME ASS!!!
[/b]
Lol, bring it on bi-yatch :lol:

It's a FIT tournament organized by the 12 Premiership clubs. Whoever wins each clubs qualifiers goes on to Twickers to compete.

Sadly there were so many entries for Saints this year that we were split into 3 divisions, so only the top six could compete for the HQ spot.

They made a few quid out of it mind, £200 entry per team!

Still, I've got to play on Franklins Gardens hallowed turf, that'll do for now...

£200 is quite a bit! In 2 Touch is about £100 (R 1500) a team, which is still alot imo. But I think it's more for the franchise costs than anything else, as apparently you can own a In 2 Touch club franchise. They seem quite official, there's even a limit on the amount of studs you can have :blink: . I'm really looking forward to get into rugby again, soccer is getting boring.
How many downs do you guys play?

It's basically rugby league laws (6 tackles) without the kicking elements, 6-a-side, 20 minutes each way on a half pitch.

We have the laws that it's only trainers or Touch boots, but I just use my studs - They never check.

Ok, that's the exact same rules I'll be playing. They gave me an option to play 1 touch, but I said hell no, that's gotta be MIND NUMBINGLY boring.

BTW to those people who are interested, speak quick because the league starts up again in September (next month!) so registeration is soon. You can register during the season but that's NOT cool.

Just a little update on my new rugby venture, although noone will care :p
So far my record is 3 tries from 5 games. That isn't that much in touch rugby but considering how out of my depth I was in my first 2 games from not touching a rugby ball in 3 years, I reckon I've done well. Once I got my fitness down, my only weakness is... I can't spin pass left! Never really needed to as a forward in Union but in touch rugby you just have to be able to spin pass both ways.
Besides that it's great to be back in any form of rugby, I've been playing club soccer for 2 years now (just to test it out) but I've dropped it for touch rugby now. Feels good to be home!

Tell me Steve-O is it 1 hand touch or 2 hand touch rugby? Hope you know what I mean.

Nope I have no idea what you're talking about. But you can touch with 1 hand in the league I play if that helps

I'll try an explain as best I can. Okay what I mean is, do you use 1 hand to touch the player or both hands simultaneously? When I was still at school we played where you have to touch the player with both hands at one time or else it doesn't count as a touch.

You only need to us one hand. Your coach probably made you guys use both hands to simulate a tackle.
The 2 most popular forms of touch rugby that are played competitively in SA are 1-touch and 6-touch. You can touch the man or ball with one hand.

Latest posts