Toulon - Cian Healy?

ORothlain

Official Plastic Paddy
TRF Legend
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
Ulster
Toulon is rumoured to be trying to steal away Cian Healy!
http://rugbylad.com/rugbyladblog/toulon-to-tempt-irish-star/

healy.gif

All I can say is...
[video=youtube_share;60fqp2rLUR4]http://youtu.be/60fqp2rLUR4[/video]

Eh. Between the better endorsement rights in Ireland, the joys of home, not getting screwed into the ground gametime wise, the likely pressure he'll be getting for his Ireland spot by that point from McGrath, Cronin and whoever else, plus possible complications for a Lions tour... good luck to them if they pull it off.

It happens all the time in the professial world, people whatever their profession they get head hunted, if they offer him what he wants he may well sign, Do you think Google and Microsoft employ the idiots or do they go for the top of the pile ?????? It's now a pro sport people come to the end of their contracts and choose better ones, its only natural. Nobody ever moans about the All Blacks going to Japan, well perhaps only the Kiwi's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it were to happen it'd be in 2016 but it's only media story. Certainly can't see it happening.

It happens all the time in the professial world, people whatever their profession they get head hunted, if they offer him what he wants he may well sign, Do you think Google and Microsoft employ the idiots or do they go for the top of the pile ?????? It's now a pro sport people come to the end of their contracts and choose better ones, its only natural. Nobody ever moans about the All Blacks going to Japan, well perhaps only the Kiwi's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gaston mate, I think you've taken all the criticism of Toulon recently a bit personally. I think people just don't want to see one of Ireland's best players leave Ireland for anywhere, thats all.

Gaston mate, I think you've taken all the criticism of Toulon recently a bit personally. I think people just don't want to see one of Ireland's best players leave Ireland for anywhere, thats all.

Its not personal but Toulon are a great team, not my favourites, but you cannot knock what they have achieved, so everyone knocks them for everything and anything, you do not you see the French posters over the years knocking Leicester or Saracens or the Top Irish clubs because they have won "no of course not". This is pure jealousy and its fairly pathetic, Toulon have created a new kind of rugby club which could be followed by many if they have the finances in place.As far as the player goes maybe let make up his own mind, France is not for everybody as Sexton has well proved, but there are many here who want to stay after they have finished playing (especially in the South) i know loads, the money is not everything, of course it helps but not everything!!!! Lifestyle is amazing.........

Last edited:
Its not personal but Toulon are a great team, not my favourites, but you cannot knock what they have achieved, so everyone knocks them for everything and anything, you do not you see the French posters over the years knocking Leicester or Saracens or the Top Irish clubs because they have won "no of course not". This is pure jealousy and its fairly pathetic, Toulon have created a new kind of rugby club which could be followed by many if they have the finances in place.As far as the player goes maybe let make up his own mind, France is not for everybody as Sexton has well proved, but there are many here who want to stay after they have finished playing (especially in the South) i know loads, the money is not everything, of course it helps but not everything!!!! Lifestyle is amazing.........

And they also seem to enjoy threatening players for playing for their country and being injured .......... Doesn't sound like paradise to me

Ignorant jelly foreigners can't comment on French teams guys, you know the drill.

On topic, I can't see Healy leaving before the World Cup. As said above, his position has seriously quality backup in McGrath, Cronin and Kilcoyne so should his game stagnate in making a transition to a new team as many do, he would be under serious pressure. Post World Cup with little to lose I might buy it. Could happen of cours, stranger things have happened.

Gaston talking about how amazing the lifestyle is again... one too many of his mother's bad shepherd's pies have scalded his mouth, I think.

He seems to think that lifestlye-immigration is unique to the SOF.

ah you have to understand Boudjellal, there are 3 French Looseheads currently in Toulon, he needs at LEAST the one foreigner in there.

as i said "jealous and pathetic" your comments are wonderful if thats the best you can do "sticks and stones" etc!!!!!!!, i feel sorry for some of you guys, here's me stuck in Paradise, pool 24°, brillianrt sunshine, lunch on the terrance every day, and all you can do is make very poor comments, and Rats please leave my mother out of this as she is no longer with us, you pathetic jerk!!!!!

Gaston talking about how amazing the lifestyle is again... one too many of his mother's bad shepherd's pies have scalded his mouth, I think.

He seems to think that lifestlye-immigration is unique to the SOF.

that's how you speak to your elders ? Okay...

as i said "jealous and pathetic" your comments are wonderful if thats the best you can do "sticks and stones" etc!!!!!!!, i feel sorry for some of you guys, here's me stuck in Paradise, pool 24°, brillianrt sunshine, lunch on the terrance every day, and all you can do is make very poor comments, and Rats please leave my mother out of this as she is no longer with us, you pathetic jerk!!!!!

To get so incensed at such throw away comments... I imagine you must struggle to keep your blood pressure down

The first rule of Gaston le gaff is...

1) You may not talk of France or anything French unless you are French
2) You must not speculate on anything French unless you are french...

If you do either of these things, he will either :

1) Remind you with terrible grammar that you are English and he is French
2) Make frequent recourse to stereotypes of English people
3) don his knights armour and ride to war against the English....we're still at war, right?

Last edited:
1) Remind you with terrible grammar that you are English and he is French
2) Make frequent recourse to stereotypes of English people
3) don his knights armour and ride to war against the English....we're still at war, right?

Isn't he English moved to France?

It's Stockholm syndrome, they've held him hostage for so long he's begun to identify with his captors. :)

To be fair i do understand what he's saying, it is blooming lovely down there i'd happily decamp form Paris to the SOF if i could.

Keep the comments coming boys its getting personal and pathetic now!!!!! i have broad shoulders lets just seee how far you dare go!!!!!!

Healy won't go, he's going to have enough difficulty holding McGrath off at Leinster when he can keep him out of the team Going to France, playing more games and having McGrath with 1st team rugby could see him down to the Irish bench. Maybe after the World Cup. Hopefully not though, Bugs Life is the biggest **** in rugby and doesn't deserve the success he's bought.

Would be an incredible move for Toulon. Apart from Ayerza I can't really think of anyone better, and in the loose he is even better. But I agree with others in that joining now would be a risk as he may not adapt to a new league hindering his Ireland spot

Would be an incredible move for Toulon. Apart from Ayerza I can't really think of anyone better, and in the loose he is even better. But I agree with others in that joining now would be a risk as he may not adapt to a new league hindering his Ireland spot

Mtawarira. More experience, a Springbok, still isn't old and will be replaced by another by his int'l side sooner than Healy, more availability and brings some heck of grunt and power to the pack. Still a good scrummager too.

Latest posts