Toulon.png
Versus%20H-Cup.png
Munster.png

Toulon v Munster
Stade Félix Mayol
Toulon, France
Sun Jan 16 2011
at 15:00 (local)​

Munster have alot of bodies back and well it's set up nicely for us. The fire is burning for the lads

Toulon to win, Munster to not get out of the group for the first tie since god knows when. They haven't seemed to have the old spark about them this season and the Felix Mayol isn't a place I'd like to go and try to find it.

This is going to be a tough game but I think they can win this they proved last year that they can go to France and get a win despite not having a great year so far.

Yeah, but that was a Perpignan team that was already very nearly out of Europe at the time. Toulon on the other hand are top of their group and seem far more Europe oriented than the notoriously Top14 centric Catalans.

With Toulon losing to Racing Metro last week and now lying 10 points behind Toulouse in the Top14, they could begin to concentrate on the European Cup. Everyone will think Munster could win, but it must be one of the toughest tests for a team who can not scrum. Thanks must go to London Irish who have went to pot and made this 'pool of death' not so full of death.

we at the rouge e noir are dieing for this! hope this match is a great one from a totally nonbiased view;)! jonny wilkinson vs o gara? well...we'll see:)

Lads nobody can think this is easy as it won't be. But we can win it. Feic I think your a bit harsh on Perpignan game last year considering Perpignan were Top 14 champs had a superb home record winning previous 16 ERC games and went out intent on winning.
I do agree we haven't had that spark of old but this is for sure a game we have to be up for and be thinking we can win. I think our scrum will decide alot. If we can hold our own and not concede stupid penalties from set piece then it'll be a job well done but it simple every game is a knockout from here in so guess this decides it for alot of guys

Aight, last game on the schedule for me this weekend.
Slight preference for Munster, so hopefully they can show me I wasn't wrong.

Very tough game but I am backing Muster to come up with a result by a narrow margin

Munster team named -

Munster: P Warwick; D Howlett, K Earls, S Tuitupou, J Murphy; R O'Gara, P Stringer; W du Preez, D Varley, J Hayes; D O'Callaghan, P O'Connell; J Coughlan, D Wallace, D Leamy capt. Replacements: M Sherry, D Hurley, T Buckley, M O'Driscoll, D Ryan, N Ronan, T O'Leary, L Mafi.

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/8527.php

Hayes starting? Seriously?!?! No Hurley either. This game just got even tougher.

Is Buckley injured thats the only reason that is conceivable but even then...

Are there no 8 year old girls in Limerick who could stand in? They'd do a better job then Hayes.

Hayes must be giving little gifts to the coach to keep his place in the side :lol:

Hayes will do the job lads. Has been flying in training all week. Buckley is 100% fit no problems.
We can win this and for first time in a few years we seem hungry. Doubt the bull all you want but he can do a job

Both teams fully named -

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,9989_6662193,00.html

Toulon: 15 Rudi Wulf, 14 Paul Sackey, 13 Gabi Lovobalavu, 12 Felipe Contepomi, 11 Christian Loamanu, 10 Jonny Wilkinson, 9 Pierre Mignoni, 8 Joe van Niekerk (c), 7 George Smith, 6 Juan Fernandez Lobbe, 5 Dean Schofield, 4 Christophe Samson, 3 Davit Kubriashvili, 2 Sebastien Bruno, 1 Laurent Emmanuelli.
Replacements:16 Jean-Charles Orioli, 17 Saimone Taumoepeau, 18 Mehdi Merabet, 19. Joe El Abd, 20. Fotu Auelua, 21 Rory Lamont, 22 Laurent Magnaval, 23 Kris Chesney.

Munster: 15 Paul Warwick, 14 Doug Howlett, 13 Keith Earls, 12 Sam Tuitupou, 11 Johne Murphy, 10 Ronan O'Gara, 9 Peter Stringer, 8 Denis Leamy (c), 7 David Wallace, 6 James Coughlan, 5 Paul O'Connell, 4 Donncha O'Callaghan, 3 John Hayes, 2 Damien Varley, 1 Wian du Preez.
Replacements: 16 Mike Sherry, 17 Darragh Hurley, 18 Tony Buckley, 19 Mick O'Driscoll, 20 Donnacha Ryan, 21 Niall Ronan, 22 Tomas O'Leary, 23 Lifeimi Mafi.
Shocked to see no Hayman in the Toulon team - maybe Hayes won't do that badly then. Interesting to see how Wilkinson and Contepomi work together and who does most of the kicking. Also if Munster can put pressure on the Toulon back three it would help as Wulf is a wing, not a full-back.

No team is untouchable and the Toulon team has helped Munster's cause.

Munster to do it - And well let's add in nobody is giving Munster much of a chance and that is when they react is when up against it

Munster to do it - And well let's add in nobody is giving Munster much of a chance and that is when they react is when up against it

Not too sure if that is true. Most people think Munster could do it, but it is going to be very difficult. I hope they do win and get into the knock-out stages. It would be awesome to have all three Irish teams in the next round.

Latest posts