• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Toulouse not looking so good

P

presty99

When I saw them in the French league i was very close to putting them as huge favourites for this season's heinnekin cup.
But...having watched them vs bath and glasgow i saw how french they were and overconfident they were. This could hopefully lead the way to a british winner! Although hoopefully not munster again although that is not lookin to good, they're playing insanely well!

theyre still winning though (even if they are playing badly) so they might sneak through to the knock out quietly,and then use all their experiences to turn it on and dominate the stages through to the final again...or they could just be plaing poorly and concentrating on the Top 14 as many french teams do!

First of all Munster arent British (dont start with the geographical references), so a Munster win is an Irish win.

Secondnly, regardless of how well or poorly Toulouse are playing, they are still winning and will surely come into form.

Thirdly, given the results for the English teams last weekend, well you just dont know where this tournament is going to go. Form is everything and the quarterfinals are a long way away.

I'd put money on Toulouse getting through the pool (with Glasgow and Dragons in it, it's inevitable), but I think it'll be as second placers; they really need to get a scalp at the Rec imo...

To be fair Glasgow put up a brave fight against them, and the Dragons proved with their defensive display against Bath at the Rec that they wont roll over for anyone. Can't see the Dragons winning in Toulouse - but they can shake them up a bit, and who knows? maybe there could be a massive scalp ready for the taking at Rodney Parade in December...

I think people may be revising their opinions after today, I for one certainly have.

I have to confess that I share this feeling about TLS perfs this year, even if the latest matches showed good things and improvements in defense...they'll have to definitely find something else than using so ofently Kelleher in extreme emergency like they had to do in the beginning of the season.

feel more confident in attack, they know them each other so well that they'll just have to make appear new combinaisons from the magician hat !
And in this sector, we can really call them magicians...

A great team can win a game when playing badly. And you must look the way they beat others european teams like Montauban, Perpignan and especially Paris at the Stade de France... that was impressive.

Not yet spectacular but very solid. Like the Munster...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stillknox @ Dec 2 2008, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
A great team can win a game when playing badly. And you must look the way they beat others european teams like Montauban, Perpignan and especially Paris at the Stade de France... that was impressive.

Not yet spectacular but very solid. Like the Munster...[/b]

Toulouse is the best Top14 team this season. They were a bit slow to start but now they look like unstopable. Last week when they defeated Bayonne they were very impressive, especially the forwrds.

Latest posts