Toulouse v Cardiff Blues

A

An Tarbh

<div align="center">
Toulouse.png
Toulouse v Blues
Cardiff.png
</div>

Well this should be the most straightforward of all the quarter finals, again it's new territory for the Blues but this might be just a step too far for them, how they're wishing now that they got the bonus point at Bristol to have this game in Cardiff and then it might be a different kettle of fish.

However, it's not so the Blues have to deal with it, Leinster got the job done so no reason why the Blues can't but as club backer, Peter Thomas said they are about a year and a half off being where they think they belong.

Toulouse may have been nilled in Paris but they did at least manage to scrape a win against Biarritz and the Blues have fallen away in the ***le chase although they should take some heart in their win at Edinburgh, never an easy task in itself.

So is it really that straightforward or is a shock on the cards???

Hard to see anything other than a home win here besides which the wife likes Toulouse and she'll be miserable if they lose this so I'm up for Toulouse fot this game. She still hasn't quite forgiven me for reveling in the hammering they got from Paris yet :lol:

am really hoping Cardiff can pull it off, and it's more than possible. We do play some good rugby when we get our act together, and Cardiff with be a mad place if the Rugby team beat Toulouse and the Football team beat Barnsley in the FA Cup Semi's.

Depends. Toulouse can cut a team to shreds (i.e. Llanelli in the game last year) and also completely self-destruct (i.e. the same game). If the former shows up, Cardiff could lose by 30. If the latter shows up, Cardiff will still need to get their act together for any chance.
Good luck to 'em.

Think this will be a step to far for the Blues. Toulouse to win with something to spare.

i hope we win, don't wanna spend all the money going for nothing, blues win! tom james to score the winner skinning clerc :p Ospreys vs blues final, then the sneeky martyn williams droppy comes in :p! ...i can dream

i think this match will be very good vith a victory of toulouse because they are very strong this year

Even though I predicted a Cardiff Blues victory in the prediction comp (needed to take some risks to have a chance of winning) I think Tolouse will pip Cardiff in this game. It'll be close though!

Luckily for Cardiff, they have got Nicky Robinson back just in time (the best passer of a ball I've ever seen btw), if he'll start ahead of Flannagan is debatable though. Tom James is another huge boost, and I would be surprised to see this supreme athlete clinch the game with a try, or Jamie Roberts for that matter.

If Cardiff stand a chance, it'll come from the pack. They have the quality there to dominate the game and if that happens, a shock is on the cards.

However, it's not so the Blues have to deal with it, Leinster got the job done so no reason why the Blues can't [/b]

Well this was two years ago, at the time Toulouse's pack was way weaker. Toulouse is now a more balanced team, crazy running rugby is still there but now they are also able to beat a tough team like Biarritz in 'old school games', like they did last week. (12-6, 0 tries)

I think they're now too solid for losing a home game against a (good) team like Cardiff.

<div class='quotemain'>However, it's not so the Blues have to deal with it, Leinster got the job done so no reason why the Blues can't [/b]

Well this was two years ago, at the time Toulouse's pack was way weaker. Toulouse is now a more balanced team, crazy running rugby is still there but now they are also able to beat a tough team like Biarritz in 'old school games', like they did last week. (12-6, 0 tries)

I think they're now too solid for losing a home game against a (good) team like Cardiff.
[/b][/quote]

In fairness I'm only trying to find a silver lining for the Blues whose chances I don't rate at all, no offence, also 2 years ago there was Michalak at his flaky worst re. the Jowitt try where Gleeson made an arse of him so I certainly expect Toulouse to get the job done.

Just concentrate on stopping them scoring tries, wait till they they get fed up and try risky stuff and then capitalise on any possible mistake, that has to be the game plan for Cardiff Blues to go for right?

Just concentrate on stopping them scoring tries, wait till they they get fed up and try risky stuff and then capitalise on any possible mistake, that has to be the game plan for Cardiff Blues to go for right?
[/b]
Yeh, but is their defence up to it? I bet they've been working on defence for a while now and their game against Edinburgh (where they nilled/conceded one try, which is it?) proves my point. Although Edinburgh aren't Toulouse and I don't think they'll be able to stop their backline.

Well i don't know if it makes any difference but it looks set to be a wet and rainy day on Sunday in Toulouse.

Prestwick says:

f1a71225.jpg

I'd like to say "see you in the final" but we all know that ain't gonna happen whatever goes on in Toulouse.

Cardiff Blues

Ben Blair; Jamie Roberts, Tom Shanklin, Gareth Thomas, Tom James; Dai Flanagan, Jason Spice; Gethin Jenkins, Gareth Williams, Taufa'ao Filise, Deiniol Jones, Paul ***o, Maama Molitika, Martyn Williams, Xavier Ruh (capt).

Replacements: John Yapp, T Rhys Thomas, Scott Morgan, Ben White, Richie Rees, Nicky Robinson, Jamie Robinson

Tolouse

C Heymans; V Clerc, M Kunavore, Y Jauzion, M Medard; J-B Elissalde, B Kelleher; D Human, W Servat, S Perugini, F Pelous (capt), P Albacete, Y Nyanga, T Dusautoir, S Sowerby.

Replacements: A Vernet Basualdo, J Poux, R Millo-Chluski, J Bouilhou, V Courrent, M Ahotaeiloa, G Lamboley

Elissalde in at 10! Blues chances have just risen imo.

I reckon we have a stronger bench than that of Tolouse but this is going to be close!

People should dare not write off the Blues, people did a few years ago with Llanelli and look what happened!

Good to see Dai at 10 hes better than Nick McLeod!

Latest posts