• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Toulouse v Sale

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Edinburgh Shark @ Oct 11 2009, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 11 2009, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Edinburgh Shark @ Oct 11 2009, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bluemoon @ Oct 11 2009, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The thing is Sale have gifted an easy bonus point to Toulouse which is really damaging Harlequins and Cardiff's chances of maybe pipping Toulouse for the top spot. Its frustrating and I hope when Sale have their full team out Cardiff beat them to pretty much knock them out.[/b]

You're forgetting Bluemoon, the result doesn't do Sale's chances much good either!

It looks like your opponents also chose to rest players, the Beeb reckoned Quins rested Monye, Care and Easter. It's part and parcel of the game nowadays, as there are so many games teams with limited resources will pick their battles. How does this differ from the resting of Lions players over the first few rounds of the domestic comps?
[/b][/quote]

The Quins players were rested because of the agreement with the EPS, Sale rested their players because of the quick turnaround for the Cardiff Blues match, didn't see anything about it being the same reason as Quins.
[/b][/quote]

The EPS agreements don't force the players to be rested for that game, Quins chose to rest them for it, what's the difference? The fact that Tait and Sheridan didn't play in France also means we are fulfilling our side of the EPS agreement for them.
[/b][/quote]

the difference is that Sale weren't resting their players because of the EPS.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 11 2009, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Edinburgh Shark @ Oct 11 2009, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 11 2009, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Edinburgh Shark @ Oct 11 2009, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bluemoon @ Oct 11 2009, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The thing is Sale have gifted an easy bonus point to Toulouse which is really damaging Harlequins and Cardiff's chances of maybe pipping Toulouse for the top spot. Its frustrating and I hope when Sale have their full team out Cardiff beat them to pretty much knock them out.[/b]

You're forgetting Bluemoon, the result doesn't do Sale's chances much good either!

It looks like your opponents also chose to rest players, the Beeb reckoned Quins rested Monye, Care and Easter. It's part and parcel of the game nowadays, as there are so many games teams with limited resources will pick their battles. How does this differ from the resting of Lions players over the first few rounds of the domestic comps?
[/b][/quote]

The Quins players were rested because of the agreement with the EPS, Sale rested their players because of the quick turnaround for the Cardiff Blues match, didn't see anything about it being the same reason as Quins.
[/b][/quote]

The EPS agreements don't force the players to be rested for that game, Quins chose to rest them for it, what's the difference? The fact that Tait and Sheridan didn't play in France also means we are fulfilling our side of the EPS agreement for them.
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

You're missing my point, both teams CHOSE to rest players, be it due to turnaround time, ****ling injury or EPS (I'm guessing all 3 would have influenced the Sale choices of the players they left behind). No-one forced Quins to pick this game to rest their players either. I'd say there was a more interesting choice with Cardiff struggling in early season I was surprised that this one wasn't targeted by them (or was it that they underestimated their opponents?)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Edinburgh Shark @ Oct 11 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 11 2009, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Edinburgh Shark @ Oct 11 2009, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

You're missing my point, both teams CHOSE to rest players, be it due to turnaround time, ****ling injury or EPS (I'm guessing all 3 would have influenced the Sale choices of the players they left behind). No-one forced Quins to pick this game to rest their players either. I'd say there was a more interesting choice with Cardiff struggling in early season I was surprised that this one wasn't targeted by them (or was it that they underestimated their opponents?)
[/b][/quote]

my understanding was that Quins had to rest them for this game as they played all the games so far in the Premiership.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 11 2009, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Edinburgh Shark @ Oct 11 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 11 2009, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

my understanding was that Quins had to rest them for this game as they played all the games so far in the Premiership.
[/b][/quote]

If that's the case then Quins still chose this to be the game to rest them then; they knew the EPS rules before they selected them for the GP games.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Edinburgh Shark @ Oct 11 2009, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 11 2009, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Edinburgh Shark @ Oct 11 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

If that's the case then Quins still chose this to be the game to rest them then; they knew the EPS rules before they selected them for the GP games.
[/b][/quote]

true enough but Quins' hands were tied whereas Sale's weren't. I'm sure they decided to use the Blues match to rest the players as they were probably told were these 3 players to start the first 5 GP matches then they'd have to miss 1 of the 2 HEC openers, obviously with Toulouse up next week that decision is a no brainer.

Just been over to Sale messageboard, Sky commentary apparently said we lost Sheridan, Tait and Cueto because of the EPS restrictions; whilst some of the other choices weren't directly forced I'm guessing that the removal of these three players was seen as an "opportunity" to blood some other players at the same time.

Does anyone else think that Cohen looks like (and isn't any faster then) a blindside flanker these days?

He's certainly not the fastest winger around,
Wouldn't even be the fastest blindside, what with Tom Croft being as fast as a winger, they say

Latest posts