• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Toulouse v Stade Français Paris

Mr.cyclopede

Academy Player
Country Flag
France
Needed a Froggy to open this 100% hexagonal quarter final ??

This match sounds more like a TOP14 playoff than a Hcup. Shouldn't none of them forget the international refering that would be applied.

So on my left, Toulouse, playing at home in a cup he already won 3 times. As the previous seasons, Toulouse hasn't the means to lead it all year long and is no more one step over teams like Perpignan, Clermont and even Castres. Even if they recently beat them easily, Toulouse start to be aware that their best ennemy is...Toulouse when undestating the meeting or underating the opposition.
Playing another French tem shouldn't reduce their motivation.
Weakpoint: Skrela can so easily be blown off by pressure if not seriously protected.

Right is Stade Français. First motivation won't be to go one step further in the comp but to erase the dramatic shutout with the latest blanked defeat against Toulouse at home last month (0-29), defeat that certainly cost Delmas his position.
The team, without being splendid, showed versus Clermont good abilities to create, even if they lost too many turnover, and an excellent field occupation (Beauxis>Skrela in this domain).
Weakpoint: Self confidence, getting better but so much to rebuild that they still can give up early in the match

Last edited:
Toulouse at home, Kelleher and Skrela finding their feet and Poitrenaud keeping on playing well, hard to see them lose. Toulouse for me.

Thought Stade were decent against Clermont over the weekend. Suprised how good Hugo Southwell was to be honest.

Tough one to call in the HC conditions, but I am going to go with a home win. What a craker to start with though.

Not a bad match so far,
HT: Toulouse 13 - 10 Stade (toulouse getting a try in overtime before the half)

Started out boring, both teams just booting it at each other, but it picked up.
Stade very nearly getting another try, when their FH (i don't know many players on the pitch so i'll just say positions) chipped ahead, collected, then chipped again, the Stade 12 was running onto it (it landed just over the try line) but for some reason, instead of diving onto it, slowed down, leaving enough time to let a Toulouse player to come sliding in from the side and collect it

I love how Stade send on their kicking tee on the back of a pink remote controlled monster truck

Last edited:
Final score 42-16

Toulouse slow at start like a diesel engine, fortunately fitted with turbos as Jauzion, overflying the field

Stade didn't turn up for the second half, they spend most of it within 10m of their line, it was crazy.
Good, well deserved win by Toulouse.

I thought stade francias were great in the 35 mins their defence was great and they sqiaked up preasure but as soon as they lost their lead they lost the game

Latest posts