Toulouse Vs Cardiff Blues

Discussion in 'European Champions & Challenge Cup' started by Bluemoon, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Guest

Toulouse: Clément Poitrenaud; Vincent Clerc, Florian Fritz, Yannick Jauzion, Yves Donguy; David Skrela, Frédéric Michalak; Jean-Baptiste Poux, William Servat, Benoit Lecouls, Yoann Maestri, Patricio Albacete, Jean Bouilhou, Thierry Dusautoir, Louis Picamoles.

Replacements: Virgile Lacombe, Census Johnston, Daan Human, Shaun Sowerby, Romain Millo-Chluski, Maxime Medard, Cédric Heymans, Nicolas Bezy.

Cardiff Blues: Ben Blair; Leigh Halfpenny, Tom Shanklin, Jamie Roberts, Richard Mustoe; Sam Norton-Knight, Gareth Cooper; Gethin Jenkins, Gareth Williams, Taufa'ao Filise, Deiniol Jones, Paul Tito (capt), Andy Powell, Martyn Williams, Xavier Rush.

Replacements: T Rhys Thomas, Sam Hobbs, Gary Powell, Scott Morgan, Sam Warburton, Richie Rees, Ceri Sweeney, Gareth Thomas.

Referee: Alan Lewis (Ireland)

Interesting Toulouse line up. Sowerby, Bezy and Merdad move to the bench, replaced by Boulihou, Skrela and Donguy respectively. I always find it interesting when they play Michalak at 9. They are looking for a more controlled game at ten though I am guessing.

As for Cardiff, you have to admit that Dai Young is very loyal to his players in that he is keeping Sam Norton-Knightmare in the team. Hopefully this faith will pay off in the long run, but out in Toulouse I fear the worst. As I have said before, if Cardiff want to progress they must win all of their games from now on. If they can sneak this one, with Sale at home next up, I think they are in for a shout.

Allez les bleus.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Why Mustoe over Thomas? Why Norton-Knight over Sweeny/Flannigan? WWWHHHHYYYY??

4. LydiatesGirl

LydiatesGirl Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Dec 18 2009, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    good questions

5. cyRil

cyRil Guest

Mustoe over Thomas because he's playing better than him.
    Norton-Knight over Sweeney cuz Dai Young likes to take the ****.

6. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Guest

Thomas is well off the pace and coming back from injury. The real question is why Thomas over Dafydd Hewitt.

7. Thingimubob

Thingimubob Guest

Sounds like Mustoe saved the day there
    Can;t find a link to it :( radio will have to do

8. totally different game than last week. great rugby

9. Michalak is having a blinder at 9.

3-0 after a penalty and Tito in the sin bin.

10. Cardiff are defending well. Their kicking needs to improve though; Norton-Knight just seems to be kicking so aimlessly.

11. cyRil

cyRil Guest

Here is your weekly 'Sam Norton-Knight is f***ing rubbish' post.
    Poitrenaud is playing amazingly.

12. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 20 2009, 02:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    His counter-attacking has been phenomenal. Great offloading too.

13. holy f*** toulouse are playing so well, they should be 3 tries ahead already

14. it's about time they scored. cardiff are getting raped

15. The dam breaks and it's the French skipper. 8-0 conversion to come.

16. Thingimubob

Thingimubob Guest

came from a dodgy penalty according to the radio?
    worrying signs for the blues anyway

17. cyRil

cyRil Guest

f*** ME!!!

18. Great try! Norton-Knight does a brilliant back-flick pass on to his tight-head who scores. 8-5 Toulouse.

19. Thingimubob

Thingimubob Guest

Blair converts 8 - 7
    Norton Knight with a good punt afterwards, he does 2 good things in a row :huh:?!

20. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Dec 20 2009, 03:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Not too shabby. Good touch-finder from the penalty too.

21. Now Albacete is off for going off his feet. Great chance for the Blues.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!