• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Toulouse vs Clermont

E

erwanseb

This is the game of the season so far in the top 14, the first vs against the second with full strength selections, Clermont will go to Toulouse to win the game and I guess they could do just that.

Clermont was ousted of the hc (on head to head results) in the strongest pool (Wasps and Munster) despite being leveled on points with Munster at the top of the pool, and they have drastically improved since then.

From what I saw in their past five games, they would contest for the top spots in the super 14 (no kidding), they scored more than 50 points on average in the past month and a half.

Credit to Vern Cotter for turning potential into a winning formula.

This is the game of the season so far in the top 14, the first vs against the second with full strength selections, Clermont will go to Toulouse to win the game and I guess they could do just that.

Clermont was ousted of the hc (on head to head results) in the strongest pool (Wasps and Munster) despite being leveled on points with Munster at the top of the pool, and they have drastically improved since then.

From what I saw in their past five games, they would contest for the top spots in the super 14 (no kidding), they scored more than 50 points on average in the past month and a half.

Credit to Vern Cotter for turning potential into a winning formula.

[/b]

Let's hope that Toulouse level up their fighting spirit although some players may want to protect themselves to play the H-cup semi-final the next week-end.

I'm from Paris but I will spend this week end to Toulouse to see this one. Just hoping that Toulouse will keep his head to the game and not on the HC semi-final: if it's the case this could be the best game of the season.

The previous game at Clermont was already a classic despite the weakened Toulouse side.

Everything is here to make the match of the year in TOP14, will Clermont maintain the average of 40 pts they've been scoring in the last months ?

I think Toulouse will be too focused on the Heineken Cup game. I don't keep track of the Top 14, but from what you guys are saying, Clermont are on fire. ._.
So I think they'll win as Toulouse will be aiming for Europe.

First yellow try from rougerie after 5 min, Dusautoir is out, injuried but no K.O that would have forbid to play Hcup next week

Crap, that isn't going to do Toulouse any good. Will Dusatoir be back in time for the Heineken final (assuming that Toulouse win next week)?

Seems that Clerc is off for 9 month (left knee anterior cruciate ligament rupture).
Don't think that it mandatory condamn Touluse for next week but will certainly be a big handicap for them, who are still running after two trains (H cup and Brennus) and the final phases of these championships
With already Poitrenaud and Fritz (who might come back in two weeks) in the infirmery, these are very bad news today...

Nightmare game for Toulouse, lost Clerc and Dussautoir for the sf, they are now very short at the back with Fritz/Poitrenaud/Kunavore and Clerc all injured.

Two weeks ago I would have said Toulouse to win by a miles against teh Irish, I am not so sure anymore.

Nightmare game for Toulouse, lost Clerc and Dussautoir for the sf, they are now very short at the back with Fritz/Poitrenaud/Kunavore and Clerc all injured.

Two weeks ago I would have said Toulouse to win by a miles against teh Irish, I am not so sure anymore.
[/b]
Toulouse must be warned, the Irish aren't there by chance. I think this is one thing which is linked to the quality of Toulouse, they are used to play final, and this past years, they had hard time during semi.

Remember the semi final of the Top 14 last year against Clermont.
Remember the match against Llanelli in HCup, which was a bit like a quarter final.

They have to be careful, and serious, or they won't win.

Latest posts