• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tour de France 2013

ZeFrenchy

First XV
Country Flag
France
Anyone else watching this? Todays stage looks like there will be finally some skimming, with a few sprinters unable to hold on to the peloton in the category-two climb, though there's a lot to go and they may still catch up. Tomorrow and Sunday we'll see some more climbs that could be interesting.

Anyone else watching this? Todays stage looks like there will be finally some skimming, with a few sprinters unable to hold on to the peloton in the category-two climb, though there's a lot to go and they may still catch up. Tomorrow and Sunday we'll see some more climbs that could be interesting.

Not really, but it was great to see Darryl Impey becoming the first South African to wear the yellow jersey yesterday...

Nope, I can and do watch most sports but watching dudes in too tight clothes cycling up a hill for no apparent reason doesn't thrill me.

Became addicted to this 3 years ago. Usually have it on the tv/pc when I'm doing something else, ready for the final sprint or just to enjoy the scenery.

Sagan is a bit of a monster, pretty much nailed on for the green jersey now, as he's the only sprinter who can climb.

Sky look to be in total control, waiting for the mountains and I expect quite a big win for Froome, with Porte maybe making the podium in Paris.

(Oh, and Cav to win on the Champs de Lysses as usual ;) )

That was quite some preformance by Cannondale. They led the peloton all the way, leaving the other sprinters behind and then Sagan finished it off magnificently. In the end 94 riders arrived with the same time, so no big moves in the time classification, though a huge statement from Sagan.
Tomorrow one HC and a category-one climb towards the finish line, I think there will be a lot ​dégats.

Agreed. Think we're going to start to see more of the SKyTrain from now on, with some punishing pace up the cat 1

Wow. Think Froome and Sky showed why he's favourite. Was crazily strong performance, hoping the (super)Domestique's(sp?) haven't run out of energy for the next few days though.

This will almost certainly be another 1-2 for Sky. 1st and one other step on the podium, anyway. Nobody looks even close to Froome, except Porte. Contador would've lost even more time if Kreuzinger didn't wait for him. Valverde and Quintana could hang around for a while, but it's going to take something massive for Froome not to win this.

I don't think Sky fans need to worry about the domestiques running out of puff - there's only one more day in the Pyrenees before they're back on some fairly easy road stages, and a time trial. They'll be fine for the Alps as long as they get through tomorrow.

Brilliant day for Sky and Froome who clearly showed today that he should have won last year other than for team orders that allowed Wiggins to go.....

Looking forward to seeing Froome getting his just rewards in Paris in a fortnight....................ably assisted by my fellow countryman Peter Kennaugh......and seeing another Manx man.............Cav......going for the all time stage wins held at about 34/35 and he has 25 already!

Yes, I follow the Tour, always have and with so many Manx guys, this has only reinforced the interest!! Unfortunately, the clash with the Open golf championship has not let me follow it physically but who knows, next year I might just forgoe the Open!!

Rest day today, but what a performance from Froome with no backup yesterday.

Slightly overshadowed by Murray winning Wimbledon ( :) :) :) :) ) and the Lions result on Saturday, but WOW! (again not an endorsement for World of Warcraft)

Anyone else think it would be a great idea to stop the 'fans' from running next to the bikes, if they fitted 'chariot style' blades to the wheels?

Latest posts