Transfers: 05/06

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by Bullitt, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Shame, he was one of the few guys at Wasps that I do genuinly like. Met him breifly this year and he's a thouroughly nice guy.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Leeds Tykes have been boosted by the signing of James Isaacson from Guinness Premiership rivals Newcastle Falcons on a two-year deal.

Isaacson, 25, joins All Blacks Test scrum-half Justin Marshall and South African prop Kees Lensing in committing to the Headingley club.

The Former England under-21 star can play either loose-head prop or hooker and is seen as an an ideal replacement for veteran Matt Holt, who retired at the end of last season.

Tykes director of rugby Phil Davies said: "In front-row terms, James is a young player who will hopefully develop for us.

"He is a versatile player who will provide us with plenty of options in the forwards, in what will be one of the toughest seasons to date.

"I look forward to seeing him fulfil his potential in the years to come."[/QUOTE]

4. el_tk

el_tk Guest

Wasps are apparently looking to sign Shane Byrne after he recieved a derisory contract offer from Leinster and the IRFU. I think his contract is actually expired now.

5. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

He's certainly taken a bit of a risk going on a Lions tour and being out of contract

6. Mabye he saw it as a chance to put himself in the shop window. His performance in the first test won't have done him much good in that respect though.

7. robbinho

robbinho Guest

He can always fall back on his career as a pirate.

8. Edinburgh Gunners:

IN

Leonelli (argentina 7s captain)
    Matt Muschen (sp?...came from uslter)
    Duncan Hodge (returns from leeds)
    Dave Hewitt (Canterbury)

OUT
    Craig Joiner (retired)
    Brendan Laney

Some other changes I think but they are just fringe players.

9. el_tk

el_tk Guest

It's Muschin I think, he's not that great.

10. el_tk

el_tk Guest

Leinster have re-signed James Norton and signed Adam Byrnes, a 6'7 second row from NSW A and the Eastern Suburbs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    From leinsterrugby.ie and my free text alert

11. Northampton Saints

IN

Daniel Browne (Grenoble) No 8
    Luke Harbut (Ex-Saracens prop. Had a year out but returns for a six-month contract)
    Sam Harding (Crusaders) Flanker
    Geoff Appleford (London Irish) Centre
    Colin Noon (Leicester) Prop
    David Quinlan (Leinster) Centre
    Carlos Spencer (Auckland Blues) Fly-half
    Ben Lewitt (Bedford Blues) Flanker
    Sean Lamont (Glasgow) Winger
    James Percival (Worcester) Lock

12. Considering Taylor has already signed a contract with Sale, I very much doubt it. [​IMG]

13. Looks a pretty good signing. When does the Currie Cup finish exactly? Is it around November-ish?

14. harrison2468

harrison2468 Guest

Interesting. We are quite good at poaching from the Springboks!

15. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Because SA's can still play for the Springboks in while playing at club level in England, and their EU qualified so the more-than-one overseas player rule doesn't count, they are ideal to bring some world class rugby to the premiership.

As for Bernard, I just hope he doesn't become another Robbie Kempson. The fat lump of lard.

16. He's being signed by coaches as a good prospect, rather than as a best mate though. [​IMG]

17. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Shane Byrne has signed a 2 year deal with Saracens, I know we've signed Bernard Jackman but Byrne going to London is still a loss, Jackman is just too inconsistent imo.

18. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Jeeze, that bites a bit doesn't it, I know he didnt play very well in the tour, but I have seen him playing for Leinster and I think he can be one of the best hookers in the world, on occasions.

19. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

If this Lions tour is anything to go by though, Sarries will have 2 players who badly underperform.

One being Byrne, the other being Farrell.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!