• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Volavola doesn't excite me, but we'll need a decent replacement for Allan and there aren't too many really good 10s that are happy playing second fiddle. I think we'll appreciate Allan a lot more when he's gone TBH. He's weirdly underrated by a lot of Quins fans.

Exeter losing Kristen would be massive especially given who else they are losing
Kirsten? Havnt seen him much this season but he would be quite a loss tbh.

Glad we have managed to keep Grey, just a workhorse and a tackle machine. Not even sure when he is contracted too.

We got Bell from Wasps so maybe letting Kirsten go and investing in young talent is the way. And Van Heerden is going quite well.

I don't think that Kirsten will be much of a loss tbh. He's always been used far more in the back row than second row for us and we have plenty of young back rowers coming through. Kirsten's always been solid but not exceptional and I think there are plenty of players around to fill that role.

I don't think that Kirsten will be much of a loss tbh. He's always been used far more in the back row than second row for us and we have plenty of young back rowers coming through. Kirsten's always been solid but not exceptional and I think there are plenty of players around to fill that role.
Who do we have coming through?
I actually dont know who we have in the academy at all tbh

Heard people say Tzshunza will be seen as a lock for Wales. But not heard that in any official sense.

Heard people say Tzshunza will be seen as a lock for Wales. But not heard that in any official sense.
I think that's just what quite a lot of people want, not necessarily what will happen. The main reason being we've got a lot of talent in the back row but not so much in the 2nd row. I don't think anyone knows what Gatland will do with him though. He might not even be considering him for the WC next year but I doubt that.

Tshiunza will always be a back rower at Chiefs. Doesn't fit the mould of what Baxter likes in his locks at all. He'll be a 7 or, in time, I could see Baxter liking him as a wide-roaming 8. Obviously a very different frame to Simmonds but I could see him filling a similar role.

In terms of other youngsters, obviously Fisilau is starting today and looks to be very handy. Capstick is just getting better and better (I already rate him over Kirsten). As I've said before, Tuima is finally starting to look the goods. Lewis Pearson has been getting more and more game time and looks solid enough. I also have very high hopes for Ollie Leatherbarrow but he's a fair way off being ready for the Prem.

Combine all of them with the likes of Ewers, Vermeulen and Grondona and I think our back row options look sturdy enough.

Aidon Davis is also around somewhere but Baxter doesn't seem to rate him at all; he's only gotten Prem Cup games.

Won't Tshiunza have to leave soon if he wants to keep playing for wales under gatlands law?
I dont know how long we have him and Dafydd Jenkins tied down but they both are getting alot of gametime this season so surely its a while or whats the point in developing them

Can we do a contract extension instead of new contract? And loophole it? How is Tompkins still at Sarries?

I dont know how long we have him and Dafydd Jenkins tied down but they both are getting alot of gametime this season so surely its a while or whats the point in developing them

Can we do a contract extension instead of new contract? And loophole it? How is Tompkins still at Sarries?
I think that you can extend the contract but considering that both will be on measly academy contracts I can't imagine that either will be keen on extending when they could be making reasonably big money.

I think that you can extend the contract but considering that both will be on measly academy contracts I can't imagine that either will be keen on extending when they could be making reasonably big money.
Cant you extend with a more money or an extention bonus or something?

Latest posts