• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Parisse to Quins looking likely.

A good person for some young players to learn off. Happy if he's not on too much money. Could be a fantastic signing or an awful one
That'll be his last contract, you'd think.
If there's a plan to help Dombrandt develop, and then move into coaching, it could be brilliant.

Rumours
Biggar & Lowe's being targeted by Toulouse
Elvis Taione to Ospreays
Diamond too potentially Gloucester or Bath
Bath sounded out Scott Robertson
Morozov to return to Russia
Tigers targeting Kevin Sinfield

Diamond too potentially Gloucester or Bath
Plz no

Morozov to return to Russia
Would be sad to see him go, and surprised he couldn't get a contract in western Europe (unless he wants to return to Russia?)
He's a really good player and should've had more game time recently (though I think he's been struggling with an elbow injury this seasons, it's been very very strapped up) - probably the best scrummaging #1 we have

I'd happily take Morozov as a back up to Marler. Plenty of Russians in London to make him feel at home.

Will say all Fissler is basing the Diamonds stuff on, is that he brought a house in Cheltenham.
soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

That obviously highly unusual a rich guy approaching his latter years buying a nice house in the Cotswold. Unheard of.
What next buying a racehorse

He does actually own (part own?) a horse - think it might be with Alex Ferguson, and that's why Ferguson is occasionally seen at Sale games, and has done the odd spot of pre-match speeches n that

Truth be told we're screaming out for solid front row and second row. Keep getting minced

Anyone know anything about Connacht prop Connor Kenny. We have apparently signed him ?

Connacht are rumored to be signing Shayne Bolton from the Cheetahs (although I think he's not properly contracted to the Cheetahs?). Irish Qualified so would definitely fit the bill. They're also desperately in need of a loosehead so they will naturally get linked with James Cronin, but not sure if there's any weight behind that considering he could probably earn more elsewhere as its pretty unlikely he will ever be a consistent international. They'll have to make a signing here if they want to be successful next season though.

Connacht also letting another raft of players go this year:

Conor Dean - No clue
Colm de Buitlear - No clue
Cillian Gallagher - No clue
Conor Kenny - Newcastle (rumored)
Stephen Kerins - Ealing
Paddy McAllister - Retired
Quinn Roux - France, probably Toulon
Sean O'Brien - Exeter
Stephen Fitzgerald - Retired

Last edited:
Any thoughts on what Kenny is like Groundhog? Is he someone with potential.....maybe a new scenery will refresh him? Is he a good scrummager. He looks a big unit.

We really are desperate for some hope over our tightheads. We only have big Logo whos outstanding...but cant do it all on his own.

Any thoughts on what Kenny is like Groundhog? Is he someone with potential.....maybe a new scenery will refresh him? Is he a good scrummager. He looks a big unit.

We really are desperate for some hope over our tightheads. We only have big Logo whos outstanding...but cant do it all on his own.
Tough to know really mate, he hasn't played enough that I've seen for me to say. It is definitely a good move for him, because while Connacht are screwed on the loosehead side they have Bealham, Aungier, Robertson-McCoy and Kenny on the tight in that pecking order!

Probably worth a punt for Newcastle, former Irish under 20, still young for a prop, a big unit and is moving with the ambition of gametime and presumably to get his breakthrough. Also I said rumored in my original post, but it's pretty certain!

We have apparently signed another prop also...so i expect 2 of our props to be leaving.

So yes if he can perform...he will definitely get game time. Logo is a class act...but he's 34 now, so needs some help.

Looks like we had signed Brophy Clews from Irish before he decided to retire...shame

Latest posts