• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Possibly...

At least it shows Dean is looking at 10's which is definitely an area we are in need of, alongside TH props...of which we have signed an unknown Irish lad from Connacht.

Apparently we have signed 7 new players, 2 being announced tonight, and 5 more being announced over the next few weeks.

We know one is a prop, so im curious who the others are....the only links we had were Brophy Clews, whos retired, and Jeremy Jordaan the SA lock currently playing in France.

Yes i forgot about Earle...
Well i hope one of the 4 is a real quality 10

Ah 3 of the 7 are actually renewals...so its only 4 new signings...and we probably know 3 of them.

Possible that Jack Walker is leaving Bath at the end of the season.
Stooke posted a pic on instagram with the Bath leavers and their shirts; that included Jack.

Stuart claimed it was photoshopped, and the club had him take the pic down - so we don't know who's trolling whom.
Photo also included Xavier Hastings - but as the only academy player involved in saying goodbye. The match programme for this week mentions neither Walker nor Hastings as leaving.

If Walker goes, I'll be disappointed - he arrived with huge hype and expectations after his age-grade showings; but he just never translated it to senior rugby (not helped by injuries). That said, he's a perfectly good club-level hooker, and I'm never upset to see him in a squad. It would be a shame to lose him, especially as we're also losing Ross Batty, and leaves us absent a second choice hooker.

If Hastings goes... he'll surely be one of many academy players to leave, especially as none did last year; but why would he, and no others merit a spot in the group photo of departing senior players?

I'd probably take Walker at Quins. Not quite the calibre of hooker I'd ideally like, but better than Gray and can hold the fort well enough until Riley and Musk are ready.

I'd prefer Matt Moulds, but given he's spent a long time out, I'm hesitant. He's probably good enough to gamble on given the impact he made at Worcester.

Bismarck du Plessis would be even better. A year or two would be perfect.

I'd probably take Walker at Quins. Not quite the calibre of hooker I'd ideally like, but better than Gray and can hold the fort well enough until Riley and Musk are ready.

I'd prefer Matt Moulds, but given he's spent a long time out, I'm hesitant. He's probably good enough to gamble on given the impact he made at Worcester.

Bismarck du Plessis would be even better. A year or two would be perfect.

He'll do. He's an improvement on Gray and with the right coaching (which Flannery can hopefully provide), I think he has the potential to get a fair bit better. His basics seem to be pretty good.

Ruck saying Tigers are trying to sign Ben Curry from sale end of his contract in 2023...........................................................

Lol this is why no one takes the ruck seriously

One of them will leave sooner or later,
I've always thought Tom will go to Exeter tbh, he's been mates with a bunch of their players for a while

Latest posts