• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

General consensus from our end I think is he's been rather poor.

Ok off the bench but not anywhere near good enough to start
One of Landajo's better games was against Sale so I can see why Olyy might have thought he was doing better than he actually has been.

In reality he's been OK, but Steele has looked much better. He definitely hasn't looked like an 80+ cap tier 1 international but has probably been paid like one.

Will be interesting to see if he's there long term. Maybe come as a fan? Saw Turner-Hall was there for Brown and Care etc on Saturday which was nice to see.

Not sure how true it is, but apparently Quins are signing Huw Jones on a 1yr deal. He had signed for Bayonne but that's been canned following their relegation.

The rumour is he's an injury replacement for Lasike who is out for 9mths.

Not sure how true it is, but apparently Quins are signing Huw Jones on a 1yr deal. He had signed for Bayonne but that's been canned following their relegation.

That'd be a good signing, especially as he can cover 15 as well
His form has dipped with his repeated injuries but still one of my favourite Scottish players

I wonder whether we might go after him too? seems to make sense with Odogwu out too and that we are playing a 19 year at fullback

A 19 year old who is also a 10 rather than a 15. Good to see Carr coming back to the Premiership though.

Jones will be a good pick up for someone.
Although not sure on full back he does a job but is far better at 13.

Wanted him at Tigers for Manu replacement but more than happy with Moroni.

We're allegedly announcing Sutherland at 4pm. Possibly the longest, worst kept secret in history

Has been a surprisingly long time
I'd say maybe we were outbid at the last minute, or something, but whoever signed him had to negotiate with/pay off his contract with Worcester, so it's not like it can be done at the last second

Has been a surprisingly long time
I'd say maybe we were outbid at the last minute, or something, but whoever signed him had to negotiate with/pay off his contract with Worcester, so it's not like it can be done at the last second

Have you guys even announced McIntyre yet?
You certainly need the props you only have Rodd, Harrison and Oosthuizen on the books officially.
Wonder if you have a surprised leaver and waiting for that to be announced them announce them with others?

It's really bizarre, he's definitely left us, don't think we'd even have the cap space to take him back now.

Have you guys even announced McIntyre yet?
Nope, and that's less concrete than Schoenert is (apparently Schoenert basically told the fans at Wuss' end of season event that he was going to Sale)

McIntyre rumour was basically started by me on here saying I hope we sign him, and then twitter accounts a few days later saying we're heavily rumoured blah blah

Yeah, I reckon something like that is probably on the cards - a leaver then all our arrivers announced straight after to soften the blow
Still think one of Akker or Ashman will be leaving - can't really justify Taylor arriving if we're keeping everyone

It's really bizarre, he's definitely left us, don't think we'd even have the cap space to take him back now.
No offence to your team but if don't have cap space someone managing your team needs sacking
DVDM would be a marquee player
Wouldn't be surprised if Ted Hill was your other (Given he was signed mid into his old contract for a 4 year deal)

Outside of Baldwin and Sutherland who is really likely to be on big money?
Lawrence maybe but suspect not IMO, reckon the end of this contract will be the start of bigger money for him.
Yeah, I reckon something like that is probably on the cards - a leaver then all our arrivers announced straight after to soften the blow
Still think one of Akker or Ashman will be leaving - can't really justify Taylor arriving if we're keeping everyone

Tom curry to Tigers ....
The Simpsons Flirting GIF

Don't have the Diamond geezer getting amazingly cheap long contract deals anymore.

No offence to your team but if don't have cap space someone managing your team needs sacking
DVDM would be a marquee player
Wouldn't be surprised if Ted Hill was your other (Given he was signed mid into his old contract for a 4 year deal)

Outside of Baldwin and Sutherland who is really likely to be on big money?
Lawrence maybe but suspect not IMO, reckon the end of this contract will be the start of bigger money for him.

Tom curry to Tigers ....
The Simpsons Flirting GIF

Don't have the Diamond geezer getting amazingly cheap long contract deals anymore.
So we think that Nanai might be the other marquee. I agree that we shouldn't with a lot of the people we have, be hitting the cap, but I reckon the likes of Venter, Kvesic, Ashton and maybe some others, might be on more than their real value and it all racks up. Probably why we've picked up a few from the Champ like Tyack, Hatherall, Johnson.

RUMOURS from TRP
George McGuigan to Munster (I reckon will happen given his latest England snub could well target the RWC for them)
Lock Ryan McCauley (Western Force) to Exeter
SRU quailified SA lock David Meihuizen to a British club
Stormers Lock JD Schickerling to leave for Europe.

Would be a blow for Newcastle, but with Blamire coming through I don't begrudge McGuigan chasing international caps

Latest posts