• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Yep. I think McGuigan is definitely good enough to play test rugby. Herring is solid but nothing special and other than Kelleher, there's no-one really banging on the door. Very late to move now though - I thought any transfer business had been more or less sewn up.

That Meihuizen link has been going around for months. He was heavily tipped to join one of the Scottish clubs (he's Scotland and England qualified I believe).

Pretty sure both were against SA A who weren't their official second team. Same games that didn't capture Haley and Tompkins.

Fair enough, Munster definitely need hookers and our international stocks aren't great at the moment. So he might well get a few caps before/if the likes of Sheehan and Stewart step up.

Can't really remember much about McGuigan. Hooker is one of our weaker positions, but at the same time you'd want to be pretty international class to push past the guys we have. Think Barron is a good prospect too. A really genuine carrier at hooker would be such an asset though.

McGuigan is a good player and very unlucky to be overlooked by England IMO.

His basics are very solid and he's a good carrier with a nose for the try line.

Can't really remember much about McGuigan. Hooker is one of our weaker positions, but at the same time you'd want to be pretty international class to push past the guys we have. Think Barron is a good prospect too. A really genuine carrier at hooker would be such an asset though.

I would say McGuigan is prob the in form hooker in the prem right now

Jamie George Jr.
All rounder and surprisingly skillful

Good guy to have in your set up, especially if you've got youngsters that aren't ready yet but could be in a few years

So we start to produce some decent players and the vultures are circling already.

To be fair, i wouldnt begrudge him going to get a chance at international honours. Hes been a very good servant to us...and was bloody good last season...a class act. Munster would be getting a very good player.

Blamire will take over him very soon...maybe even this season. They are different styles though. We will lose some guile and intelligence with McGuigan....but Blamire brings much bigger size and explosive power. We also have young 22 yo Scottish hooker Robbie Smith, who looks another shrewd signing by Dean...and impressed when he has come on.

Latest posts