• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

To be fair, he's playing pretty well atm. I still think i'd have selected Malins over Daly.

Maybe Sarries are eyeing up Venter, Butler or Lawrence to slot into their midfield.
Imagine what Sarries could do with someone like Lawrence. Really bring out the best of his ability i would think...

And as much as I hate to say it if we went bust, market would be flooded. Imagine if the likes of Launchbury, Willis x 2, Robson, Odendaal, Koch, West, Frost, Barbeary, Atkinson, Bassett, Umaga, Stooke, Spink etc would be highly sought after.

Bath getting Hill, Lawrence, Lee-Warner and Moz
When is Dolly due back?
Between him missing and the amount that Montoya misses for internationals then Tigers should be hitting up Langdon's phone,

Bristol should be looking as well - Thacker went off injured and they desperately need a hooker who can throw into the lineout

So how will the loans work in relation to the club's finances and the salary cap?

Injury cap is different so doesn't count but the whole thing smacks of typical **** planning by the PRL.

It's a interesting risk by bath, if Worcester are sorted out soon then in reality just wasted injury cap for nothing

I think long term injured players salaries aren't counted if they don't play - so if Ewels is out for the season his salary is written off
Can't remember what they split the season into (quarters, thirds etc.) but if Obano is out for the rest then that's 66-75% of his salary back too

So how will the loans work in relation to the club's finances and the salary cap?
Typically with loans, the new club pays as much as they want to (agreed with the releasing club); and the previous club pays the rest; but it only counts towards the salary cap if the player player plays more than so many minutes (160?) for the exiting club that season. Only the salary paid by the new club counts towards their cap for the season.

Injury dispensations are different.

Injury cap is different so doesn't count but the whole thing smacks of typical **** planning by the PRL.

It's a interesting risk by bath, if Worcester are sorted out soon then in reality just wasted injury cap for nothing
How so and how so?
If Worcester are sorted out soon, then Bath still have those players on loan (whether injury or otherwise)

Rugby paper linking Radwan and McGuigan to Wasps next season.....Really????
Slow day so they just make **** up...

Could be very smart, yes using injury cover but they have got in first on them players so when it comes down to who they resigned for post loan...Bath are likely condidates to keep them. Or go hard for Ted Hill.

Rumours that three Cardiff players have been sacked after an incident in a Cardiff pub on the weekend,
At least one of them an international

I can't imagine there will be a queue waiting to employ anyone sacked for something like that in normal circumstances, let alone right now.

Rory Sutherland is set to sign for Ulster for the rest of the season at least. No deal in place beyond then. I'd take this one as done.

Ulster also apparently after Kitschoff post World Cup.

Latest posts