• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Bath squad becoming a serious team.
So in theory, its Obano, Dunn, Stuart, McNally, Ewels, Hill, Underhill, Barbeary - Spencer, Russell, Redpath, Lawrence, Cokanasiga, Muir, De Glanville
Boyce, Annett, Rae, Attwood, Reid, Schreuder, Bailey, Ojomoh

thats a serious squad, not mentioning the likes of Cloete, Bayliss, Roux, Ellis, Lee-Warner, Searle, Shillcock, Francis, Muir, Gallagher, McConnichie who wouldnt make it in.
Can't imagine they will all stay but still

Also on Baths wiki they have 21 backrow now...
Err...no.

Bath squad becoming a serious team.
So in theory, its Obano, Dunn, Stuart, McNally, Ewels, Hill, Underhill, Barbeary - Spencer, Russell, Redpath, Lawrence, Cokanasiga, Muir, De Glanville
Boyce, Annett, Rae, Attwood, Reid, Schreuder, Bailey, Ojomoh

thats a serious squad, not mentioning the likes of Cloete, Bayliss, Roux, Ellis, Lee-Warner, Searle, Shillcock, Francis, Muir, Gallagher, McConnichie who wouldnt make it in.
Can't imagine they will all stay but still

Obano is injured quite abit. But is good
Dunn solid and a good player
Stuart again a good player
So good front row not amazing.
Locks are both pretty average. Attwood at what ever age is better.
Back row is very strong with good replacements tbh.

The 9 10 12 13 i like could work very well. The back 3 are good but i dont massively rate any of them anove prem(Big Joe has done ok for England but we have better)

Good team and will not be bottom with that i dont think but not amazing.

I suspect Bath will need to do some serious re-balancing next season. Particularly if the Russell rumour is true.

From a back row POV, they do now look massively over-subscribed.

The way I see it, the pecking order is probably:

6. Hill / Reid / Ellis / Williams / De Carpentier
7. Underhill / Cloete / Tonks
8. Barbeary / Bayliss / Coetzee / White / van Velze

I've left out Lee-Warner as his is only a short term deal as well as any academy players, but I can imagine a few of those going. I'd happily take Reid at Quins.

Bath list their academy as being full squad now, remember

6. Hill / Reid / Ellis / Williams / De Carpentier
7. Underhill / Cloete / Tonks
8. Barbeary / Bayliss / Coetzee / White / van Velze
Lee-Warner and Va Velze are in as locks, rather than backrowers anyway; and neither are likely to stay beyond this season.
Williams will be off, and Underhill* is likely to be off this season, and I'd be (happily) surprised if DeCarpentier stays as well.
White is an academy level gamble, not sure he's even contracted for next year; and Coetzee is looking rather surplus (given how little we've seen of him), though I'd be loathe to lose 5 from the backrow

* Underhill - great player and I love him, but he's a bit of a luxury player in that he (rightly) demands top wedge, but he spends more time in the physio's room than anywhere else, and will be off with England whenever actually fit. I'd also say that, with his history of concussions, he ought to be considering retirement. Lastly, he's likely to be our marquee, so if we do move on from him, then bringing Russell in, wouldn't cost a single penny in terms of the cap (though it'd be doubling what our marquee is getting paid)

Last edited:
Rumours going around that LCD is headed to Montpellier next season,

Chiefs should try and sign Langdon in the opposite direction

Rumours going around that LCD is headed to Montpellier next season,

Chiefs should try and sign Langdon in the opposite direction
LCD would be a big loss but I've been seriously impressed with Ollie Burrows, yet another one of Chiefs' Welsh U20 contingent. Very reminiscent of LCD in that he's extremely physical and a great ball carrier. Unfortunately his darts are also slightly reminiscent of early LCD.

WTF are the WRU doing?
Now allowing clubs to offer new deals atm - Rowlands linked with Bath as he's out of contract and doesn't want to hang around hoping he gets a deal in Wales

Imagine losing your best lock from your World Cup squad because you weren't allowed to offer him a contract

yeah im not too keen on it tbh. I'd much rather try and agree rental of the Alexander Stadium which is under an hour away. Nice size ground, 5,000 capacity atm. Suits what Wasps needs and not miles away from home base atm if we stay in Henley on Arden. Also hopefully doesn't completely isolate our current fanbase (in fact id argue its easier for London fans).

For me makes logical sense as also not on top of Birmingham Moseley too and in a city that could support 2 clubs.

yeah im not too keen on it tbh. I'd much rather try and agree rental of the Alexander Stadium which is under an hour away. Nice size ground, 5,000 capacity atm. Suits what Wasps needs and not miles away from home base atm if we stay in Henley on Arden. Also hopefully doesn't completely isolate our current fanbase (in fact id argue its easier for London fans).

For me makes logical sense as also not on top of Birmingham Moseley too and in a city that could support 2 clubs.

While we're talking barely substantiated rumors, I saw one that Cullen is being eyed to replace Nucifora who is out of contract soon and moving on. God I would hate that....

I'd say Robertson has more rugby teams in his DMs than women who get the creepy cameraman treatment at the World Cup.

While we're talking barely substantiated rumors, I saw one that Cullen is being eyed to replace Nucifora who is out of contract soon and moving on. God I would hate that....
Why? He has a proven record of managing an elite and consistent operation.

If England and Wales didn't go after Robertson too strongly it all makes sense to be honest. Leinster is about as clear a route into an International job as their is, he could retain head coach status and I reckon threatening to take the Ireland job would raise a few concerns with the NZRU given recent history.

I wonder if Joe Schmidt is helping out, still has a close connection with us.

I think Robertson said recently, something along the lines of, why would I leave the Crusaders for another club, I'm already at the best club in the world.

That, and the fact he's stated he's desperate to get into international coaching I don't see it. He'll see how the land lies after the WC.

Latest posts