• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

This seems like pure silly season stuff. I think Bundee was rumored to us a few times before now lol.
But this time seems to be issues in Galway and Bundee. Has played very little last few weeks and Wilkins effectively said Bundee available BUT has competition.

But this time seems to be issues in Galway and Bundee. Has played very little last few weeks and Wilkins effectively said Bundee available BUT has competition.
Yeah edited my post just there because there is always this. I have no idea what's going on there. The idea that Aki isn't getting picked on form raises eyebrows for me and I'm not sure I buy it.

Still I'll believe it when I see it, especially when we've been rumored to him before. He's like this generations Conrad Smith

Last edited:
I'm definitely quoting this out of context next time he drops a really simple pass or launches one into touch
He was clearly just saying that in the past both Smith and Aki have been vital in earning wins for New Zealand.

Last edited:
Not an official rumour but Seb Nagle-Taylor has been playing at Pirates this season and by all accounts is carving up. I rated him highly when he was at Gloucester and was surprised they let him go. Was even more surprised to see him end up in the Champ.

I'd love to see Exeter pick him up, he's a solid player and wouldn't take up much cap space at all.

Bundee to Munster is in the Connacht Tribune today
Old news ;)

However 1 part that doesn't add up to me is I have never heard of any IRFU contract where he has 1 year left on his IRFU deal but his Connacht contract is up at end of year.

It is usually your IRFU deal is linked to provinces so not a "oh give me 1 extra year and I will see where I will play".

I back it from an Ireland perspective too to be honest. Easier to develop a 10 with Bundee at 12, at least its not Leinster, the backlash would be biblical.

I back it from an Ireland perspective too to be honest. Easier to develop a 10 with Bundee at 12, at least its not Leinster, the backlash would be biblical.
Would it help us? Yes but Bundee is 33 soon. Would it be in good spirits of rugby.

For it to be ok we need Connacht to say "we don't want you" and Bundee to say "I want out too"

To be honest if Aki doesn't want to be there because the relationship is gone or whatever it might be, it's in no one's interests to keep him there. Connacht fans can't complain (I know they will) if he's not being picked!

Ribbans in talks with Toulon,
Wonder if getting proper game time this 6N will convince him to stay (it'll go a way to making up the salary difference, at least)

So obviously the rule about playing in England has been there for a while and we haven't seen a huge exodus of talent before. Is it less about being picked for England and more about changes to the salary cap and players being asked to either take a pay cut or not being given an increase?

Think salary cap is definitely a big part of it - I imagine salaries for younger players/academy grads has gone up, which means less money for the top guys

I feel like the idea of challenging yourself abroad is also becoming more attractive - if you can make more money and experience a different country/culture/league, especially immediately after a RWC so you'd have time to come back and challenge for the next RWC, why not give it a go?

Ribbans is a bit different to, say, the Exe lot leaving, though - from South Africa and played professionally there before moving the England, so it's not like this is Saints losing a dyed in the wool home grown kinda player

Also Exeter set to announce new signing at 11am. I'd imagine this means its someone on a short term deal, assuming that its a second row, it must be a lad released from one of Wuss or Wasps surely? Unless a champ player.

Not sure if this is quite the right place for it but I guess it technically counts as a transfer rumour:

Byron McGuigan considering playing for Namibia in the World Cup.

Latest posts