• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Harry Williams: Exeter prop could be latest player to leave Premiership club - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/64400135

One of the ones im not massivly gutted about but still.

I do wonder what his Salary is? Experienced THP with England caps, must be decent but he's never looked massivly solid in the scrum especially for his size. But is a good Chiefs player. Hope Schickerling comes good as a more than adequate replacement.

Well the Chick to Exeter rumours continue...and Trev now linked to Exeter / Glos still ....hope not...wouldnt want to lose those two.

Saw that yesterday. Would be gutting but he'd end his england chances. We do have 3 good locks in coles, moon and loto and more depth players behind them though.
Yep I agree still a loss for us hopefully we continue to develop from Academy forwards have been our weekend point in development.

This would be a serious move from Tigers POV.

Having seen Rassie work in a club setting here up close. He is unbelievably good. However he will need guys like Jaques.
Well when you made the RFU pay through the teeth for Borthwick and co, you can probably afford it.

Well when you made the RFU pay through the teeth for Borthwick and co, you can probably afford it.
True but Jacques and co might not leave Springboks job to be Leicester Tigers staff. But Rassie will be worth every penny.
He is suited more to club game.

So with Fekitoa confirmed to be leaving we have a couple of Munster rumors.

First is that French clubs like Toulouse and Lyon are sniffing around Antoine Frisch. If they want him they would have to buy out his contract though. He obviously remains French qualified right now. If Munster are serious about pushing on they shouldn't let Frisch go.

Second is that we are in advanced talks with Piers O'Conor out of Bristol. Last Bristol IQ centre signing didn't go too badly. I have heard about him and have definitely seen him play, but can't recall what he's like as a player.

Some talk on the Leinster Boards thread (quoting another forum so pinch of salt here) that Soroka is in talks with Munster. Would be a strange one, I think if he came RIGHT NOW he would get bags of game time because of injury etc, but beyond that he wouldn't be all that much better placed for games than at Leinster.

Last edited:
So with Fekitoa confirmed to be leaving we have a couple of Munster rumors.

First is that French clubs like Toulouse and Lyon are sniffing around Antoine Frisch. If they want him they would have to buy out his contract though. He obviously remains French qualified right now. If Munster are serious about pushing on they shouldn't let Frisch go.

Second is that we are in advanced talks with Piers O'Conor out of Bristol. Last Bristol IQ centre signing didn't go too badly. I have heard about him and have definitely seen him play, but can't recall what he's like as a player.

Some talk on the Leinster Boards thread (quoting another forum so pinch of salt here) that Soroka is in talks with Munster. Would be a strange one, I think if he came RIGHT NOW he would get bags of game time because of injury etc, but beyond that he wouldn't be all that much better placed for games than at Leinster.
Think Alex Soroka talk is more as Alex is from Cork originally and well probably sees Munster as marginally more nicer way to get more minutes.

On Frisch. Don't believe all you read. But think part is agent talk.

On Piers O'Connor he is more a utility guy than centre specifically.

Will add from talk within camp. We have alot of financial resource available and as of now RG is the only NIQ we have.
Talk is a #2 and Centre are high on list.
And crazy rumour I just heard is we watching the Welsh situation.

Think Alex Soroka talk is more as Alex is from Cork originally and well probably sees Munster as marginally more nicer way to get more minutes.

On Frisch. Don't believe all you read. But think part is agent talk.

On Piers O'Connor he is more a utility guy than centre specifically.
Is there anything behind the Soroka stuff? Would be a good lad to have, as we've seen this year depth can fall apart with a few knocks although we're hopefully through the woods there. He'd have probably a marginally better chance here if he wants to play some second row.

Yeah I mean Frisch would be entirely in our hands as he's under contract. I gather he's very settled and happy in Munster.

O'Connor I think we'd need as a centre mostly. I know Earls is near the end, but we still have a lot of back three guys. I have to imagine this one is true as too random otherwise. Has bags of experience.

Also saw someone I think Trolling about Osbourne coming down, but I highly doubt that one.

I wonder if we will go after a hooker or prop with our Fekitoa money.

Is there anything behind the Soroka stuff? Would be a good lad to have, as we've seen this year depth can fall apart with a few knocks although we're hopefully through the woods there. He'd have probably a marginally better chance here if he wants to play some second row.

Yeah I mean Frisch would be entirely in our hands as he's under contract. I gather he's very settled and happy in Munster.

O'Connor I think we'd need as a centre mostly. I know Earls is near the end, but we still have a lot of back three guys. I have to imagine this one is true as too random otherwise. Has bags of experience.

Also saw someone I think Trolling about Osbourne coming down, but I highly doubt that one.

I wonder if we will go after a hooker or prop with our Fekitoa money.
Fekitoa money will go towards looking at 2. Very unlikely we will be getting a NIQ prop.

Soroka deal may be IRFU working but we aren't actively looking.

Frisch is a top lad and happy here.

Earls likely finished this year. May go 1 more year. Kilcoyne is another who is seeing.
Zebo is potentially going this year (is exploring other options)
We have Daly and Coombes that can play centre, Chris Farrell will hopefully be cleared soon, Frisch and Rory Scannell and Goggin still around.

Osbourne isn't coming. Aki talk is still hanging around in the back.