• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Translate RUGBY08

T

Top-Gun

Hello! new to TRF...

First of all, I would like to wish you, happy new year!

Installed RUGBY08 few days ago and liked this very much.
Now, I want to translate it into my language and need some help. I want to translate only menu and interface of this game, not players' names and something like this.
So please tell me which files I need to edit. I'm searching for file which contains text from game menu and also font file. I think these files should be in data.gob (I open it with DragonUnpacker), but there are sooooo many files and I couldn't find anything...

Please help me, I will be very thankful if I will see this game in my language!

:)

(sorry for my English)

Ok, I found in data.gob file 'dc371d84ed78d4cf88a641a8d8abc38a.english'
Seems it contains text from game
But now I need font file
So please tell me, if you know which are font files

Thanks in advance

Tu as le jeu en anglais je suppose donc tu prends le meme fichier mais qui fini en .french et tu le renommes en .english et tu le mets dans le dossier d installation mais t auras que le texte par defaut en francais
apres si tu veux un truc plus evolué va sur notre site www.rugby-game.fr t auras un patch francais par rapport a nos equipes francaises et pour notre prochaine version Agen sera present

It might be a longshot, but in rugby 06, you didn't need the dc371d84ed78d4cf88a641a8d8abc38a.english file to change text. You changed it in the .xml files.

The other day, Intercept JdV stumbled on something that would be much easier for your mod, which is that by removing the 'stringID' text from the xml file, it removes the affiliation to the dc371d84ed78d4cf88a641a8d8abc38a.english file, and literally to change any game text, you just remove the part that has 'stringID'.

If it works, we could make mods to have the game in any language, as long as someone who speaks it fluently can go through the dc371d84ed78d4cf88a641a8d8abc38a.xml file (i think it's that filename) and change it accordingly, and save it.

Try it, it might work. If it don't just delete the file you edited and it'll return to the original.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Jan 2 2010, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It might be a longshot, but in rugby 06, you didn't need the dc371d84ed78d4cf88a641a8d8abc38a.english file to change text. You changed it in the .xml files.

The other day, Intercept JdV stumbled on something that would be much easier for your mod, which is that by removing the 'stringID' text from the xml file, it removes the affiliation to the dc371d84ed78d4cf88a641a8d8abc38a.english file, and literally to change any game text, you just remove the part that has 'stringID'.

If it works, we could make mods to have the game in any language, as long as someone who speaks it fluently can go through the dc371d84ed78d4cf88a641a8d8abc38a.xml file (i think it's that filename) and change it accordingly, and save it.

Try it, it might work. If it don't just delete the file you edited and it'll return to the original.[/b]

Thank you for reply, but I have problem with XML file.
I found dc371d84ed78d4cf88a641a8d8abc38a.xml in data.gob but when I am trying to open it with Internet Browser(Internet Explorer, FireFox) I get error:

and when I opened it with wordpad or notepad I got this:

Then I download XML editor: Altova MissionKit-XMLspy but same problem...
So I couldn't edit xml file, please tell me what to do...

Go to the file and right-click. It will suggest programs, so see if notepad (not wordpad) is there. If not, then Open notepad, and find the file in notepad's file browser.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Jan 4 2010, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Go to the file and right-click. It will suggest programs, so see if notepad (not wordpad) is there. If not, then Open notepad, and find the file in notepad's file browser.[/b]

Yes, I did as you said but this is what I get when trying to open dc371d84ed78d4cf88a641a8d8abc38a.xml with notepad:

(http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/2861/capturehy.jpg)

(do you see image?)

What to do?

Honestly, i can see russian characters in there, that's not in the file.. so maybe try and run the file in english or something.

Latest posts