• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Travelling to RSA for the Lions tour 09

W

Will

I know there's already a topic on the Lions team, regarding what players should be in/out for the tour next year. This thread however is more down to the organisation side of things, and for those looking at heading over for the tour.

I am looking at heading over for the tour. I've not been on a tour before and would love to make this Lions tour my first. I'm looking for some advice though from those who have been on tours previously. I know there are agencies such as Gullivers who cater for the tourists, providing tickets as well as activities outwith the games themselves. My idea however is to make my way to RSA and meet up with a friend I have there and travel to the games with him. The problem doesn't lie in plane tickets, but instead lies in getting tickets for the games. Two tickets together preferrably.

When do the tickets go on general sale, and from where would be best to purchase individual tickets. From the Springboks website? The Lions website? Are individual tickets even available at all or are they only through tours for Lions fans?

And of course who else is thinking of heading over to South Africa for the tour next year? Anything organised so far?

I'm currently illicitly organising things with my family to book a package for all three tests from England Rugby Travel for me and my Dad. Hopefully if they get the prices out before June, we can present it to him as a birthday present :)

I'm currently illicitly organising things with my family to book a package for all three tests from England Rugby Travel for me and my Dad. Hopefully if they get the prices out before June, we can present it to him as a birthday present :)
[/b]

I'm tempted to do a similar thing for my parents, it'll be there 25th wedding anniversary around then.

Well does anyone know when tickets are due to go on sale from the event, and from where???

Just remember that when you guys come, MAKE SURE YOU LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT YOU ARE VISITING, AND ARE NOT IMMIGRANTS!!!!!!!!!!!

We can be sensitive about all the load-shedding too! Alas, we call it by another name...

...the "three day week.."

Im going on the 2009 Lions tour and I plan to go with Gullivers. You can certainly do it cheaper off your own back but Gullivers do organise things brilliantly. They have only released a preliminary brochure at the moment so no prices etc but I wouldnt go to South Africa without it being done through an official tour.This is only a personal view and reflects the fact that I will be going for the duration of the tour so wont have to worry about organising every trip or overnight stay.

Well with Gullivers you're looking at close to £4000 for the three test tour. A little more than I can spare at the moment.

All I want are tickets to the three tests. A tour would be excellent but instead I plan to catch up with my friend in Jo'burg and travel to the games with him.

I've (hopefully) got him on the case over in South Africa to look at getting tickets as I don't think I can possibly get them here unless I sign up for a full package with a sports travel company. Unless anyone can tell me differently?

We can be sensitive about all the load-shedding too! Alas, we call it by another name...

[/b]

The lions will not have a easy tour in sa.we are the champions,and at home we are very difficult

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

The lions will not have a easy tour in sa.we are the champions,and at home we are very difficult
[/b][/quote]

Hopefully SA can be the trinations champions as well.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
:lol:
[/b][/quote]Ekom should get ther act togeher for this tour

Eskom

Latest posts