• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRC stats

You make it sound as if being offensive and missing soft tackles had to go hand in hand. I don't see why.
I can understand why, despite being more offensive, we drop the ball in the last 20 yards. There is a learning curve. It happens. I can bite that bullet.
I cannot understand how we forgot how to tackle. We miss over 25% of the tackles we attempt. Over 25%...

We hardly miss a direct tackle 1 on 1 usually someone is in a bad position. Like we have forwards vs backs o the gap is to big and we are sweeping outside or someone from the other side is in full speed because we did not pressure a kick.

All of those are because you are usually attacking and when you lost the ball you are with people on the floor because you over comi or in awackards positions.

We hardly miss a direct tackle 1 on 1 usually someone is in a bad position. Like we have forwards vs backs o the gap is to big and we are sweeping outside or someone from the other side is in full speed because we did not pressure a kick.

All of those are because you are usually attacking and when you lost the ball you are with people on the floor because you over comi or in awackards positions.
We must be watching different games then. Just out of the top of my head, Australia's first two tries in the last game in London came from missed tackles, backs vs backs. The last try against RSA in Nelspruit, too.
And just look at the starts, we've got the highest % of missed tackles.
We're not just missing tackles, we're missing important tackles.

We can disagree thou, perfectly fine.

We must be watching different games then. Just out of the top of my head, Australia's first two tries in the last game in London came from missed tackles, backs vs backs. The last try against RSA in Nelspruit, too.

100% agree here. Was reading also they're the team that worry England most in November as they have the pack and talent out backs just they need to click. The rugby world has seen they are awesome when they do though.

I was aiming at how we miss. I think we miss not because we cant tackle but because we are organizing wrongly. Either we dont press fast enough or we press to fast and a simple side step leaves exposed. We are bad a reading the situation.

Easy to think than to write it down my bad =D

Beauden Barrett's woeful stats see him slot in as worst goal kicker in world rugby

https://nz.sports.yahoo.com/a/33011...-in-as-worst-goal-kicker-in-world-rugby/#stop

Wow! Clicked the link and ended up finding a pretty good website. Look at these pics

Rugby1.png

Same map with the heatmap
Rugby2.png

Anything besides in front of the posts is most likely a miss!
Thank god the difference between the ABs and the rest is so big now that they can afford to miss all those!

Btw, fantastic website. Highly recommended: http://www.goalkickers.co.za/

even with him kicking poorly the AB's are probably averaging more points scored with him on the part than without.

But I hope he gets is sorted, was only a few years ago he kicked pretty much from anywhere. I think he has a record for the naki where he kicked 11 from 11 in a game. His kicking problems seemed to start with an ankle injury he picked up and played with for some time.

it is an area we need to fix, I'm sure eddie jones is planning to drag the AB's into a defensive stalemate where goal kicking and drop kicks are a factor.

We are an offensive team now. It`s what we play. I agree we should kick more to get other team off balance but keep in mind defending it`s harder than attacking especially when we got several hard ball carriers that punish you in contact.If we score those obvius chances we allways miss then the other team will have to take risks and there we have our change to end the game.

We will never win by shutting them off only by over scoring. I can live with that if we fine tune it.

i think kicking the ball is not compatible with our style anymore. due to our ****ty deffense. we shoud do more defensive kicks to the touch. that´s missing.
we use to be good with up and unders
(2007) great defence, good guys like manuel contempomi to catch the ball after juani´s good kicks, good genaral preasure.. not any more. it` s not the gameplan anymore and it just don´t work specially with the abs, we just gently give up the ball and they punish.
nico is not the guy to play the boot game. landajo´s kicks? please don´t!! tuculet could kick and catch but its not enough.
it may only work on very specific situations but not as a pattern

nah off course kick to touch. Inside is a crime with our defense haha

Latest posts