• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF and HB Studios - Rugby 2012 update #1

I felt compelled to join here since I wrote this just over a month ago.
http://negativegamer.com/2010/03/12/an-open-letter-rugby-games-are-good-so-keep-making-them/

I am very much looking forward to it, but I am interested to know whether HB Studios are nervous about not having EA involved in the game and how much involvement TRF will have in the development of the game...

Very heartfelt piece there Mr Bandell. Welcome to the forums. HB will no doubt be expressing some more insight in a later piece of TRF chit chat so hang about. :)

It seems that there are two types of fans for Rugby 2012; Those who would like great gameplay...and those who would rather see licensed teams and players. (Perhaps a 3rd group of fans who want both...)
I'd be happy with a game that isn't superior in one or the other, but caters for both and can be developed every year. In terms of PES vs FIFA, I think that is the best thing that's has ever happened to sports games and I hope Rugby 2012 sparks competition from other game developers.

In the meantime I CANNOT WAIT for Rugby 2012! Does anyone have estimated release dates for the game? Or am I being too impatient!?

Does anyone know if this will be a rugby union or rugby league game? Please tell me rugby union...

In the meantime I CANNOT WAIT for Rugby 2012! Does anyone have estimated release dates for the game? Or am I being too impatient!?

no date is confirmed but it is set to be released in summer 2011 in time for the world cup

what about the ability to do a lions tour?

Yeah a lot of people have already mentioned that should be included + the ability to just do tours of different continents with any national team (What a great feature this would be, especially if incorporated into a manager mode).

With regard to the lions tour, im not sure whether the reason they left it out last time was because of licencing or not(?) but I could imagine this would have something to do with it. TBH if there was a problem using the name "British and Irish Lions" and the kit I would be happy with a 'British Isles', 'British and Irish XV' or similar generic name and kits because it would be exactly the same thing at the end of the day.

Yeah a lot of people have already mentioned that should be included + the ability to just do tours of different continents with any national team (What a great feature this would be, especially if incorporated into a manager mode).

With regard to the lions tour, im not sure whether the reason they left it out last time was because of licencing or not(?) but I could imagine this would have something to do with it. TBH if there was a problem using the name "British and Irish Lions" and the kit I would be happy with a 'British Isles', 'British and Irish XV' or similar generic name and kits because it would be exactly the same thing at the end of the day.

Yep, as near as it can get would be better than not getting it at all.

How about the ability for the game to not freeze when there is an injury?

I thought that happened because scratches on the disk!

They really need to sort glitches like that out. It is very annoying especially if you're in a RWC Final and it hasn't saved!!!

I thought that happened because scratches on the disk!

They really need to sort glitches like that out. It is very annoying especially if you're in a RWC Final and it hasn't saved!!!

I know it is a pain in the as... but it can be solved. When the screen freezes pull a controller out of the socket and put it back in then make your substitution and it works again. Repeat if necessary. I find this only happens once I have made changes in MY RUGBY PROFILE.

I know it is a pain in the as... but it can be solved. When the screen freezes pull a controller out of the socket and put it back in then make your substitution and it works again. Repeat if necessary. I find this only happens once I have made changes in MY RUGBY PROFILE.

What about if you're playing it on a PS3? The controllers are wireless. I'll try turning them on and off again. Usually the only option is to click 'Reset Game'.

At least they're making a new game now so we won't have to put up with it for much longer!!! :)

What will happen in the new version when you have run all of your players onto the field as subs, yet you have an injury? It frustrates the hell out of me when you have absolutely no option but to turn the game off.

if players get injuried after bringing all the bench on then bring a player back on like it is for real life rugby

Please!! PC release!!
I bought all rugby games for PC because I love it and that is much better than download it because the errors could have a pirate copy...

Please, please, really I want this game for Pc, I haven't got PS3 or Xbox and I can't bought one...

I will be really apreciate

line outs

In rugby 08 you get a penalty when a ball is not straight in the line out, when it should be a free kick. Also I think we should be able to control the trajectory of the ball because its very annoying when its not straight and its not me controlling it. we could have something similar to the place kicking, where we judge the wind and trajectory.

Latest posts