• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF Branch of Camra

G

getofmeland

Do we have any other Camra members on the forum??

If so lets start an online branch for the TRF, where we can review real ale!

:)

Fantastic (I knew you would be Prestwick)

Member of the East Dorset Branch... Beard and Knitted Jumper at hand and reporting :)

Not a member, but interested in beer. I do the rate beer app on Facebook...

You should be, dead cheap rate for the under 18s and you get discount access to beer festivals.

What's Camra? Some sort of beer conissiur club I'm guessing. Not a member but have a fairly good knowledge of beers although I'm not fond of Ales at all really.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Feb 21 2010, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What's Camra? Some sort of beer conissiur club I'm guessing. Not a member but have a fairly good knowledge of beers although I'm not fond of Ales at all really.[/b]
CAMpaign for Real Ale, a group of people that have beards, smoke pipes, and promote/love real ale :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Feb 21 2010, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Feb 21 2010, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You should be, dead cheap rate for the under 18s and you get discount access to beer festivals.[/b]

I'm 20. how much is membership?
[/b][/quote]
It's about £20 a year (£16 if a student), and you get £20 worth of "50p off a pint" Wetherspoons vouchers

Not a member, but i like the Ale festivals they put on in wetherspoons

award-image-w720-h540.jpg

Getofmeland and Prestwick!

Visit Camra http://www.camra.org.uk/

I like proper beer but why do they always have to be stupidly strong and go on about complex variety of tastes and all that? Give me a pint of hand-pumped bitter that I can chuck down me troat all night.

The idea that beer is nothing more than something to drink all night is all part of this self-imposed culture of infereority. Beer is just as complex a drink as wine is.

On that note, lets start on some beers! The other day I went all Colonial and picked up: Speights Gold Medal, Great Divide Denver Pale Ale and Robson's East Coast Ale.

Speights Gold Medal (NZ)

Hoppy first taste but not overpoweringly bitter. Good aftertaste. Quite drinkable and enjoyable actually. Did taste sugar though which leads me to suspect that the Kiwis are adding sugar to this. Why I have no idea as it tastes quite nice: C

Great Divide Denver Pale Ale

Confusingly labelled "English-style" which is a bit of a contradiction as the whole style that Great Divide brew their beers (their ***an IPA, etc) originated in Burton which is smack bang in the UK. Subtle nose but very bitter first taste. After that it calmed down and it was very hoppy and malty with a fruity aftertaste. Went down very well! B+

Robson's East Coast Ale

Bottle conditioned but came out sparkling like a chardonnay and had a similar crisp yet flavoursome taste. Almost melon-like aftertaste. Deceptively good and I definitely reccomend it. B.

My favourite that I've seen quite a bit recently in a few different pubs one called 'Classic Bitter'. Proper no-nonsense bitter, 3.8%. Goes down a treat.

Latest posts