• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF Custom Face Design Tracker

JPilky

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Gloucester
Here I will keep an up to date google sheets doc to keep track of all the completed custom face designs for Rugby 08 as well as key information such as replaced player IDs. As well as listing completed players I will try to capture any player currently being worked on and also list the next 'priority' players to focus on - happy to populate that list with requests/suggestions.

I will keep this first post updated with a list of all the BIG files for the new face designs (I will compile a zip folder and attach to this post + update periodically)

I will also compile picture posted on other threads to showcase everyone face design work in one place.

Feel free to point me in the direction of your latest work or post updates/progress and what you are currently working on below.

It's so excited to see all this developments happening on this forum! I almost thought modding for R08 will die lol. Thank you to everyone.

Here is a zip of the face builder face designs so far (18 completed, mostly by jim546). Anyone know how I edit my own post? - I've done it before but can't work it out now (edit: so I can edit this post but I want to continually update the first post with the latest file download link)

TRF Facebuilder All Faces Download

Guido Petti modified, clearer skin plus no problems in back and top of the head joints.... ID 475 - D.Dumitrescu

Attachments

• 1d5bca0854fa5ea449aca985d65bb9e9.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 105
Here I will keep an up to date google sheets doc to keep track of all the completed custom face designs for Rugby 08 as well as key information such as replaced player IDs. As well as listing completed players I will try to capture any player currently being worked on and also list the next 'priority' players to focus on - happy to populate that list with requests/suggestions.

I will keep this first post updated with a list of all the BIG files for the new face designs (I will compile a zip folder and attach to this post + update periodically)

I will also compile picture posted on other threads to showcase everyone face design work in one place.

Feel free to point me in the direction of your latest work or post updates/progress and what you are currently working on below.
Great work guys, exciting times ahead :)

Just finished some old files, first Taulupe Faletau, replaces Colin Charvis ID 5686, file name c1226f4cb3fd3e37978ea847bd284c50.big.

Also Handre Pollard, replaces Butch James ID 13597, file name 3684e83ba45faa6fa5895ce35f2296ec.big.

fal2.png fal1.png Pol1.png Pol2.png

Attachments

• Faletau.zip
    139.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Pollard.zip
    129.2 KB · Views: 78
Last post tonight, I've tried to make a Hogg model several times but can't get it 100% right, would this be good enough once I finish the hair and neck bits?

View attachment 10937View attachment 10938
I blame Hogg for paying for a new set of locks - old Hogg hair would be much easier! Looks good to me - think all player faces are big improvement over the standard and there is definite likeness.

Will get these added to the list. Not had a lot of time to work on this recently but I do have a few faces that are ready to add to skeletons and I've been testing out limits. I wanted to see what a high poly 2048 texture player would do to the game - interesting it seems to work fine in kick off but crashes World Cup matches. Will stick will low poly and smaller texture size as the difference becomes more negligible and main aim is to get improved faces in there but still a stable game. Want to test out a few tweaks to my current method to see if I can improve it but no longer having facebuilder is a bit of a shame as I would like to work on getting Lions/SA squads done

The face builder heads I have on backlog to finish (mainly from testing out so vary in quality):

Anthony Watson, Henry Slade, Richie Mounga, Mathieu Jalibert and Jonny May (although he is the high res one that is crashing world cup). After that I'm all out of face builder heads

As I'm struggling to convert gltf to .o maybe I could send you the gltf and texture and you guys rigg the skeletons... what do you think? Till you figure out what is it that I'm missing in the video tutorial @JPilky

As I'm struggling to convert gltf to .o maybe I could send you the gltf and texture and you guys rigg the skeletons... what do you think? Till you figure out what is it that I'm missing in the video tutorial @JPilky
Could you send the file once you have rigged it to a skeleton (just before you get the issue converting from gltf to .o)?

By chance, is it intended to create Teddy Thomas and Antoine Dupont faces?

Thanks a lot for all the amazing work done!

I blame Hogg for paying for a new set of locks - old Hogg hair would be much easier! Looks good to me - think all player faces are big improvement over the standard and there is definite likeness.

I think it was his beard that was causing problems, the previous versions had a massive chin on them. Here's Stuart Hogg, replaces Chris Paterson ID 24766, file name 523a8437946f626aadaef130036f6ab7.big.

Hogg1.png Hogg2.png

Attachments

• Hogg.zip
    166.6 KB · Views: 55
JPilky / Jim546 thanks for the incredible faces appreciate your work
can you please guide me in method to install faces into game

My understanding and please help if i am wrong

I extract the folder paste it into the main rugby folder
Open Woosaah's editor open roster folder
Then when I open for example H Pollard file from roster must i set the Id from your face design in that portion where is says face and then must the setting be at real face ?

Thanks

I extract the folder paste it into the main rugby folder
Open Woosaah's editor open roster folder
Then when I open for example H Pollard file from roster must i set the Id from your face design in that portion where is says face and then must the setting be at real face ?

Pretty much yes, be careful with Woosah's editor and make sure all the details on your edited player are correct before saving them.

Marcos Kremer argentinian flanker. ID 9990 (Robin McByrde) @JPilky I attach the .blend .png .gltf and .bin

Attachments

• Kremer.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
  • KremerSkeleton.zip
    86.3 KB · Views: 21
I did a silly thing and bought a Facebuilder licence, so I can do some more faces in my spare time.

By chance, is it intended to create Teddy Thomas and Antoine Dupont faces?

Here's Antoine Dupont, replaces Damien Traille ID 30833, file name cb408b76255442d92d434b8844ce575a.big.

Dupont3.png Dupont2.png Dupont.png

I'd have a go at Teddy Thomas but not sure how to do the hair, maybe there's a model with a "close enough" hair style already in Rugby 08 that I could use.

Attachments

• Dupont.zip
    141 KB · Views: 59
I did a silly thing and bought a Facebuilder licence, so I can do some more faces in my spare time.

Here's Antoine Dupont, replaces Damien Traille ID 30833, file name cb408b76255442d92d434b8844ce575a.big.

View attachment 10972 View attachment 10971 View attachment 10970

I'd have a go at Teddy Thomas but not sure how to do the hair, maybe there's a model with a "close enough" hair style already in Rugby 08 that I could use.
Nice! Was thinking about getting facebuider but will finish off what I have for now and then decide. Not looked at it (away from laptop again this weekend) but maybe Tana Umaga for Teddy Thomas hair?

View attachment 10972 View attachment 10971 View attachment 10970

Also just to let you know I've updated the google docs spreadsheet with latest players on this thread but noticed that Dupont and Ntamack are both currently using the Damien Traille basefile

Latest posts