• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF - issues with database

Saints1

Straight Edge
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
St Helens
We have been down for a few hours tonight due to a rather complicated and annoying problem with our database. Poor Charlie has been working on it none stop and it does look like the problem has been rectified. I am sure you understand that moving software and transferring databases over is a massive undertaking and teething problems are to be expected.

To cut a long story short the forum, for some reason, re-imported data from the old software and it caused a massive conflict with the database. You know how they are, databases, they are either with you or against you.

There is a possibility that some of you may need to reset your password again even though you have already done so. We apologise for the inconvenience but we thought we had lost a lot of the database tonight! Some of you who had their old user names transferred over may need to do so again. New registrations may need to re register. We are sorry about this but we reverted to the last available back up.

We may end up offline from time to time for the coming week or so whilst we swat any bugs, so please be patient and it will all be worth your while.

It's kept today's posts but I need to go back and alter the settings I made earlier on today. It's an irritance for us all but it looked like it was going to be an awful lot worse for a while back then, Charlie has performed a minor miracle to get us this far.

Props to everyone involved really, bet it's been a real ball ache trying to keep everything in tact
I'd rep you, but it won't let me do it again, i have to spread the love apparently, damned hippy board ;)

Latest posts